• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Sensing People through the Eyes of an Intuit

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Y'know, I agree to a certain extent with that logic...but only a teeny bit. I'm an ISTP, but not EVERYthing about me is ISTP. I don't expect most people to be their MBTI to the letter. I'm not sure he got that, tho. I have two confirmed ISTJ friends and they're so different, it's ridiculous. I don't think of them the same way at all even if some of their inner workings are similar.

I didn't get why he was so anti-MBTI (and I still don't get it). It's just like everything else on the planet...imperfect. Take it with a grain of salt, dude.

I do agree to an extent as well. But yes, two people of the same type can and will differ greatly. Sometimes people use MBTi to pigeonhole others, but I've never seen it that way.

His Te needs proofz and doesn't appreciate fuzziness. If it can't be measured and obviously evidenced, it's BS. ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I do agree to an extent as well. But yes, two people of the same type can and will differ greatly. Sometimes people use MBTi to pigeonhole others, but I've never seen it that way.

His Te needs proofz and doesn't appreciate fuzziness. If it can't be measured and obviously evidenced, it's BS. ;)

That's why KTT is much better, imo.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I just had to go "seek my fortune". I'm not precisely sure, actually. I had to explore and leave that house. I felt a lot of pressure there and felt like I was totally stuck in a rut.

I feel ya.
There was one time, one night, I went walking around a city alone all night and into the morning. I eventually went and slept in a friend of mine's car. I was scared as hell though. I was pretty sure something terrible was going to happen to me. You weren't afraid of being robbed or something? Three days?!

Yeah...I don't always get my INTJ friends. The guy finds the WEIRDEST reasons to like/dislike some things. He kinda hates on MBTI 'cause he doesn't like being typed or classified as anything.

My ENTP friend...I don't always get him either, but he seems to make more sense than the INTJs, maybe 'cause he talks more...... His car is FULL of crap. Only reason his house isn't is 'cause he's got a wife obsessed with cleaning.

Not sure how I got on that spiel, but there it is!

Haha. I love reading what people have to say, so no worries.;)

I think MBTI is good for making generalizations about someone, but there are a lot of factors that play into who someone really is at the core.

I know an ENTP packrat too! But I can't talk too much about her because I used to be really bad about being a packrat when I was younger. It took me owning my own house and my own car to really care about rather my stuff looked neat and organized. And actually....a lot of times, I still don't really care that much. I'm just am better at the whole organization thing, so things don't get out of hand anymore. Are you neat and organized?

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think MBTI is good for making generalizations about someone, but there are a lot of factors that play into who someone really is at the core.

Agreed!

I know an ENTP packrat too! But I can't talk too much about her because I used to be really bad about being a packrat when I was younger. It took me owning my own house and my own car to really care about rather my stuff looked neat and organized. And actually....a lot of times, I still don't really care that much. I'm just am better at the whole organization thing, so things don't get out of hand anymore. Are you neat and organized?

I really try to not be a packrat. I'm not organized at all, but I can usually get rid of things or throw them out. My mom (ISFJ) is another great packrat. I have a housekeeper that comes by twice a week and *she* keeps me organized. I'm really a disaster when it comes to chores. I didn't have any growing up and even if I had...I just HATE housekeeping! The house gets dirty/messy again so quickly! D:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I feel ya.
There was one time, one night, I went walking around a city alone all night and into the morning. I eventually went and slept in a friend of mine's car. I was scared as hell though. I was pretty sure something terrible was going to happen to me. You weren't afraid of being robbed or something? Three days?!
Naw, I can take care of myself. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic. :tongue:

I slept in discreet places, too. But I did walk through some rough neighborhoods at night. The only thing that scared me was not being able to find my way back at first, added to my sickness.

Temperament + character = personality

Unique

I didn't say "generally pleasant conversation." I can do that too. I said "normal" meaning about exactly the kind of topics you said you don't like discussing. Details and events of everyday life.

You've said exactly the opposite of this in the past, so that's the kind of thing i'm talking about when I say "it didn't seem that way."

Well, I'm certainly not "accusing" you of anything. And yes, I know what it's like to have substantial Pness. :newwink:

Fair enough. I'm the last person to try to tell other people that I know them better than they know themselves. All i do is call em like I see em. And for several months, you have convincingly played the part of an SP here. Anybody can show different faces to the world in different arenas, all I can go on is what is presented to me. It's not an attempt to call you wrong, just to point out that it's natural for people to be a bit surprised by such an about-face. (And I'm not talking about closeness of letters on tests, I know you said all along they were close, I'm talking about a fundamental change in temperament.)

Well, i don't embrace types, but I do embrace people. In all of our conversations, you have seemed to me to be a pretty cool guy, and I have seen no reason to change that opinion yet. :D

The subject of type "mask" is definitely one I have been interested in, and whenever it's been discussed here I have tried to read as attentively as I could about it. There's a topic going on the Keirsey forum about "Nature vs Nurture" that tackles some of that subject too. How much is our personality shaped by our environment and how much is inborn? It's a fascinating subject, but one we'll probably never have all the answers to. :)

Actually take no offense to this but you helped in the realization that I don't have as much interest in that stuff

And yeah they say INTPs do that... but eh in this SF world we do what we need to do to survive

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Naw, I can take care of myself. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic. :tongue:

Both? In any case, both +'s. Keep up the good work.;)

I slept in discreet places, too. But I did walk through some rough neighborhoods at night. The only thing that scared me was not being able to find my way back at first, added to my sickness.

Sickness?:sick: The partial details are killing me. I'm too nosy for my own good, I know. The ENFP is "The Reporter" though, so forgive me.:D

Temperament + character = personality

Agreed.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, I don't know if it was just an effect of the weather or not, but I actually felt like I was dying. I wanted to die, at least.

No, I guess it couldn't've been the weather, cuz it only lasted for a few minutes. At the time it seemed like I was walking through hell. The whole thing was actually kind of a spiritual pilgrimage for me. I was standing around one minute and the next I felt like flames were engulfing me and my throat hurt so bad I could barely breathe. It seemed like all the lust I had ever harbored inside was rising up and attacking me. I had pretended to be sorry before, but then I was really sorry, y'know? Every negative thought I'd ever had, even those that had been buried for years, suddenly rose up and consumed my mind until I found myself cowering behind a tree shivering in the cold wind, snot running down my chin.

When I decided I'd had enough, when it really changed my mind and heart, I immediately got up and tried to find my way back but got lost because the street names were the same as across the bay. I got frustrated and cried for a bit and finally just slept in a Safeway bathroom until morning when I found a map and arrived home again.

The whole thing actually seemed to follow exactly the pathway that a Christian mystic had outlined several centuries ago. It helped me at the time to know I wasn't just falling off the edge of the world. I had never guessed, though, that it would ever have been that severe.

Meseri

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
T2
Hmmm, if many of the people you know are INFJ's like myself (Which is unlikley since we only make up 3% of the earths population.) you should know we're gifted with both extraverted sensing and feeling, so we probably know completey where your coming from.

That being said you should also know that we're also predominantly introverted intuitives. So while we might understand your way of doing things, we are also probably deep in comptiplation about something or another. Or it's also possible that we're at our recharge point, wherein we become very withdrawn. It's a much need defense mechinism that prevents us from becoming emotional recks.

But most of the time were outgoing and intrested in others, so if your able to befriend an INFG you'll have a good and fun buddy for all time. Just let us crawl back into our shells every once in awhile.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I really try to not be a packrat. I'm not organized at all, but I can usually get rid of things or throw them out. My mom (ISFJ) is another great packrat. I have a housekeeper that comes by twice a week and *she* keeps me organized. I'm really a disaster when it comes to chores. I didn't have any growing up and even if I had...I just HATE housekeeping! The house gets dirty/messy again so quickly! D:

Ha! My mom is an ESTJ, and she's super clean. Like, you could lick the floor in her house kinda clean. But she refuses to throw stuff away. She's got three different storage facilities storing crap from 1965. It's crazy.

It's hard for me to let stuff go if I think about it, so I still have most of my things from my childhood. I've got backpacks from nearly every grade, and everything is still as I left it.

I had a housekeeper when I had my son, which was so helpful. Now that I've got the cleaning thing under control, I need a chef. :D

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Not in general, actually. I'm more likely to see other Intuitives as irrational than Sensors, if they've made different leaps than myself. I really only see sensors as irrational if they're religious fundamentalists or something like that. Their decisions usually make sense in context of what they value.

I'd say Sensors just seem a little... slow, but more thorough. And maybe superficial. But definitely not irrational. I'd be quicker to call myself irrational.

^:yes:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
well, the odd intuitard moment causes me to view my S friends with affectionate amusement... for example, I might text "happy bidet" meaning "birthday" (B-day, geddit?) and though I know it's not exactly Oscar Wilde levels of wit and I'm not expecting them to find it hilarious, it's funny to me when I get a text back saying "wtf?" and then have to explain the connections to them after they've explained to me how I spelled it wrongly and stuff like that :laugh:

It's not stupidity, it's obviously not any kind of lack of intelligence, cos I see S people I know having brilliant(ly funny) intuitard moments all the time, people whom I know to be very intelligent and knowledgeable. It's something else... I guess it's just that, where I'm looking at the wood, they're kinda stuck on the trees and vice versa. That sorta thing.

If you catch my drift that is ;)

Jaguar

well, the odd intuitard moment causes me to view my S friends with affectionate amusement... for example, I might text "happy bidet"

It's not stupidity,

I'm an N, but if you texted "bidet" to me, I'd tell you to go wash your asshole on your own time.

bidet: a basin for washing genitals and anal area.

Some of us NTs actually have an English degree.
And as far as it not being stupidity, I beg to differ.
I'm not talking about the S person, here.

Infer from that what you will.

ster

well, the odd intuitard moment causes me to view my S friends with affectionate amusement... for example, I might text "happy bidet" meaning "birthday" (B-day, geddit?) and though I know it's not exactly Oscar Wilde levels of wit and I'm not expecting them to find it hilarious, it's funny to me when I get a text back saying "wtf?" and then have to explain the connections to them after they've explained to me how I spelled it wrongly and stuff like that :laugh:

That's interesting! I can imagine myself going "huhhh" if I were to receive such a text from an N friend (apparently I still don't get how 'bidet' means bday, I would probably assume it's a word I haven't learned yet). Anyway... if you were to send the same text to a fellow N, what would be the likely response?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Took me about 20 seconds to get it. I would chuckle at that and text back some smart ass comment (See the word play) .. I like it. lol

Jaguar

^ Bidet=B-Day. B-day= birthday. Bidet is pronounced Bee-day.
So Happy bidet is supposed to be "funny."
It's only funny if you laugh at stupid shit.
If you don't laugh at stupid shit, you won't think it's funny.

Jag's advice: Don't laugh at stupid shit. :D

ster

So... I just used it on my intp friend. He doesnt allow people to give him birthday wishes for some reason. Fun stuff, I got to wish him a happy bday without doing it directly! (Thx, I was amused.) Anyway.. he got it immediately. I'd almost swear he read it on the forum, but that can't be possible becaues he doesn't believe in mbti. haha. I need a wider vocab :[

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So... I just used it on my intp friend. He doesnt allow people to give him birthday wishes for some reason. Fun stuff, I got to wish him a happy bday without doing it directly! (Thx, I was amused.) Anyway.. he got it immediately. I'd almost swear he read it on the forum, but that can't be possible becaues he doesn't believe in mbti. haha. I need a wider vocab :[
:yim_rolling_on_the_ Urban Dictionary: Happy Bidet