User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    I bet I could've worded that differently but I'm an ISTP. Several times taking a test I've been achingly close to being an INTP. So, being near 50% for any letter, does it feel weird or is it helpful? I'm around 53% Sensing. So living in the present as much as living for the future possibilities, and as concrete as abstract. Sounds cool, but my head won't explode, right?

Who else has this going on with any other letter coupling?
    There's a huge difference between getting close to 50% on a test and actually being near the border.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Damn straight.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Keirsey is bullshit. A cursory functional understanding shows that INFJs are far more similar to INTJs than to INFPs because they're both dominant in Ni.

More importantly, though, you have the J in common with them and that's much more important than T/F or even N/S. The most important letter, by far, is P/J. You're probably more similar to ESTJ than you are to INFP!

New temperaments based on functional attitudes instead of arbitrary surface characteristics:

EP Explorers (dominant Pe, secondary Ji, tertiary Je, inferior Pi)
    IP Observers (Ji, Pe, Pi, Je)
    EJ Leaders (Je, Pi, Pe, Ji)
    IJ Analysts (Pi, Je, Ji, Pe)
    Did you get those results, EP IP and such, from independent study of typology or is this actually practiced as a legit method? It doesn't matter which to me. Just curious and wanting to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    There's a huge difference between getting close to 50% on a test and actually being near the border.
    Understandable.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did you get those results, EP IP and such, from independent study of typology or is this actually practiced as a legit method? It doesn't matter which to me. Just curious and wanting to know more.
    Well it's technically not "legit" as in it's not really written down, it's an independent study.

Also +1 to simulatedworld for thinking like me... again. Since I've been trying to describe EP IP IJ EJ etc as new temperaments for a while...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    STP

I bet I could've worded that differently but I'm an ISTP. Several times taking a test I've been achingly close to being an INTP. So, being near 50% for any letter, does it feel weird or is it helpful? I'm around 53% Sensing. So living in the present as much as living for the future possibilities, and as concrete as abstract. Sounds cool, but my head won't explode, right?

Who else has this going on with any other letter coupling?
    I am around 50% on S and N, but I think its more of an Se/Ni than Se/Ne. I can tell when Ne comes into play, these are my retarded moments and I use them as that. They are just ideas that pop into my head and I use them for a laugh, sometimes they appear more than others, but I dont try to do anything with it other than let them out sometimes for a laugh. My use of Se-Ti-Ni outweighs my Ne in terms of functional use.

edit: How do Ne types filter this data? I tend to focus on the funny and retarded sounding ideas so thats more what I conciously notice.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

The ISTJ profile fits me almost extremely well, but I suppose it's because I'm....extreme? On the mock test I took (in signature) I scored very, very high on I, J, and T. S/N however, I scored only 63 percent in favor of S.

From self-observation, I've noticed I use a lot of Ne and from talking with BlackCat, I think that's what it is. I went through a little episode where I wasn't certain if I was N or S, but after a quick examination of Ni and Si, it became crystal clear. I'm an ISTJ -- no doubt.

I used to try and think of type in terms of four letters, but I've found it's more accurate when you watch for specific functions in people, instead of picking out letters. At least for me it is. I no longer guess whether someone is more iNtuitive or more of a Sensor, I just watch what they do and how they do it. It usually shows itself.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well it's technically not "legit" as in it's not really written down, it's an independent study.

Also +1 to simulatedworld for thinking like me... again. Since I've been trying to describe EP IP IJ EJ etc as new temperaments for a while...
    Now I'm wondering, what of the middle letters? Should we all renounce the N, S, T and F? How much more efficient are these temperaments really? ISTP gets me pretty well. Some IP explanations were dodgy in grasping me.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...