User Tag List

First 6789 Last

It's usually amplified in new places for me too.. Like vacationing is the best just for the change of atmosphere alone..I don't mind getting lost somewhere new like that. I can't really explain what that sensation is, but it feels good. Too bad I can't afford traveling a lot.

Sometimes I get a little of the same feeling where I live.. Like the other day I was in a new spot in this city, and was waiting for a ride, and this cool dog (who I should have stolen..he looked like mad max's dog) showed up, and I just sat there for awhile with him, watching the traffic.. It was a simple, relaxing moment for me.

Dali

I think I live in my FiNi mode a little too much. My absent-mindedness and klutziness is literally a joke (a friend calls me Susan. After the clumsy Desperate Housewives character). I remember Jeffster once mentioning his surprise at a relative of his constantly noticing, only after the fact (lol), that there was no tissue in the bathroom. Apparently, he (Jeffster) would automatically scan the bathroom the moment he got in. I'm pretty much the same as his relative.

My Se is atrocious UNLESS I remember to switch it on. Then, it gets competent. For instance, I once went hiking in the savanna with two ENFPs and an ISTJ. We spotted five different troops of baboons, three solitary dikdiks, a family of warthogs, a pair of bushbucks and a giraffe. Every single one of those times, it was I that spotted the wildlife first and pointed them out to the others.
    Last edited by Dali; 05-23-2010 at 02:55 AM.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Does anyone else have such high awareness of their surroundings, that they become extremely anxious or paranoid? What I mean by this, is that... especially when in a classroom setting, my awareness of every movement makes it hard for me to focus. And not only that, but I feel like I make others nervous. As though other people are able to pick up on the fact that I'm constantly noticing them or their movements and actions, to the point they feel uncomfortable. And that's when I start becoming extremely paranoid and move towards the verge of panic attack.

In the household setting, I'm typically incredibly in tune with my roommates movements. I know, who's home... what room they are in... awake, asleep. I keep mental tabs. I don't do it on purpose... but it's almost like it's a built in survival technique that I just can't help. Very rarely does someone arrive at the house without my knowing.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I always check the bathroom for potty paper before I use the facilities!!!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So many good posts to this thread.

I'm pretty aware but a lot of times it's more an instinctual thing. I don't realize I was aware of my surroundings until I have to act on it or someone asks a question. Sort of like my mind takes pictures and I get brought back to that image in my head. Like a catalog of freeze frame moments I can immediately flip back through. At school people will ask me days later what page a certain paragraph was on and I'll remember it. Or someone will leave the classroom and the teacher will wonder where he went and I'll know he went to the bathroom, etc. But I don't remember consciously paying attention to that person's whereabouts.

Once my friend was leaving my house. She was in the car - with the drivers door open - still talking to me while she tried to start the car. It wouldn't start. She was really perplexed until I told her to take it out of first gear.

Other times I'll be oblivious to people. Meeting them two or three times sometimes and not remembering them...but alcohol may be a factor in this...
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I find that most people are relatively oblivious. Including myself a lot of the time. And as most people are apparently S's (though SPs less so, I know), I must conclude that hyper-observation is more of a cultivated than innately SP skill.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

You're wrong. Go outside more. We're that awesome.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're wrong. Go outside more. We're that awesome.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

I know everything thats going on around me. I was at my graduation night and was the first one to notice a classmate of mine was having a pretty violent asmtha attack and i quickly alerted the staff.
    I'm also pretty in tune with peoples feelings and can usually sense when, to put it bluntly, shits gonna go down.
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...