veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    When I'm on, I'm on. When I'm off, I'm off.
    Exactly. Normally while driving, I am "The Scanner", always catching everything. But if I am really getting into a song on the radio or talking to somebody in the passenger seat or something, I can completely forget where i'm going, much less catch a lot of other stuff.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Yea they do see a lot of what's going on physically and at the present moment. Very useful in certain situations, they might help you avoid crashing your car and shit, it's a good idea to carpool with one.
    Perhaps I should reevaluate my ISFP friend's type, as I am the one who keeps him from crashing into cars on the highway

EDIT: ^^Aha, Jeffster knows what I'm talking 'bout.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Exactly. Normally while driving, I am "The Scanner", always catching everything. But if I am really getting into a song on the radio or talking to somebody in the passenger seat or something, I can completely forget where i'm going, much less catch a lot of other stuff.
    I think we are scanning even then but not consciously. Just don't test it people, don't say things like "What did I just say?" to me. I've noticed even when I seem at rest I'll notice things if they are really going to have an impact. Things like a ninja sneaking up behind me for example.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I have an ISFP roommate, and I find myself wondering if it's even remotely possible to be in the same room as him and do something without him noticing, even if his back's turned.
    Yeah, that's been a problem before. My ENTP roommate will be talking to his gf over MSN and I have a really hard time tuning it out sometimes. I'll try not to listen but I hear every word because my mind just zones in on it and he tells me he feels like I'm listening to him. I just say, "I'm trying not to..." It makes it hard to focus on what I'm doing on the computer, but once I get in the zone, I'm good. I don't hear a word. Alot of times I have to wear headphones, though.

There have been many times where he's said something about me for one reason or another and I woke up to the sound of my name (I'm a day-sleeper and night-worker).

Or how my whole entire life, even when I was typed as an INFP, I was always aware of my surroundings and where everybody was at any given moment in time. People usually ask me where people have gone and I always have an answer even if I haven't been paying conscious attention. I know if somebody's left the house or gone into their room or the kitchen automatically even if I've been concentrating on something behind a closed door.

I've been shocked when my roommate hasn't noticed that I'm awake. He'll start talking on the phone and he enjoys his privacy so a few times he'll say, "I didn't know you were awake!" and I'm like, "You walked right past me..." and he'll say that he just didn't notice. That's really strange to me.

He always loses things and I can generally help him find them. I usually remember wherever I've put anything.

I usually know what's going on behind my back, and when I don't it shocks me. It's very very hard to sneak up on me. The only time you can really do it is if I'm concentrating on zoning (organizing) the merchandise at work inside the freezer doors, and even then only a couple of really skilled people have been able to do it. They've given up now, though, because I keep catching them.

There was this kid that used to always try to trip me as I walked by (usually when we were sitting in rows of chairs) and I'd always run up against his leg. After a few times of that, though, I learned to notice when he was about to do it and walk right over it. No one has been able to trip me ever since then. hah.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Do you catch people looking at you out of the corner of your eye?
    Of course! Do other people not? My mind automatically zones in on it and I have trouble thinking about something else alot of the time. Sometimes I ignore it, other times I look back at them like a challenge.

In fact, I even notice when people are looking at me from behind. I don't know if that's sensation or intuition or what, but I'm hyper-aware.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Perhaps I should reevaluate my ISFP friend's type, as I am the one who keeps him from crashing into cars on the highway

people are always whining about how I break machines. That's because I use them to their limits. I don't pansy around like some others.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I had a friend who I think was another ESTP and he got into wrecks every couple weeks. He said they were never his fault, though, but his car was totaled each time and he had to get a new one with insurance.

haha. He took me home from school once. That dude was a speed demon for sure. I loved it.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

For the record. I only wrapped one car around a power line post. The rest I was really good with but drove into the ground. The same with any other machinery.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Things like a ninja sneaking up behind me for example.
    The price you pay for living in rural Japan.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post

Maybe it's an extrovert thing. I don't have any close isfp friends.

MBTI
    STP

My niece spent an entire weekend trying to scare me. She finally suceeded and the wierd thing is that I knew she was behind me. I dont know why it made me jump. I tend to sneak up on my wife alot and scare the crap out of her without meaning to. I notice sounds, shadows, etc. 99% of the time I dont respond, its just more like taking in info and not doing anything with it.

I have got into 2 accidents. The first I was lost at night when a Dallas cowboys game got out and I slammed into the back of a car pushing him into the median. I was trying to fiigure out what highway I was on and how to get to the highway I needed to be at in an area I didnt know in football traffic. The other one the person didnt yield on a right turn and jumped out in front of me. I pulled to the left immediatley or I would have hit the passenger side doors at 35MPH with a little girl on the passenger side in the back seat. I clipped the rearend almost ripping my fender off. I didnt see the little girl until after, I just responded to avoid slamming into the side of the other car.

My wife(EJ) can get so tunnel vision that I can walk back and forth in front of her watching TV that when she finally comes to I am standing next to her and she is stumped how I got there because she didnt see me walk in front of the TV.