User Tag List

First 234

Haha! It MUST be an ISTP thing! My husband's ALWAYS talking to himself!!! Especially in the garage!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

OP title cracks me up. Most of the time I have not much to say at all, unless there's an interesting topic or something immediate and pertinent to discuss. My small talk patience is generally five seconds.

There's a certain ISTP friend and I well, if we start talking it can go on for hours and hours and hours. Only it typically involves some type of movement and/or change of activities and pauses to chill out quietly in-between.

We call it rambling, and will sometimes pause to say "sorry for going on about this or that." "Worse than a couple of chicks."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I haven't known one to ramble, but I know one that makes weird loud noises from afar.

My ISTP says when I hear those loud noises he's usually shouting, "IT's ALIVE!" from the garage! LOL

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Oh my god, my father does this all the time. We absolutely can NOT get the man to shut up. He does this captive audience thing when he starts talking about something he really enjoys; the people are clearly giving the "I want to run away!" eyes but he is oblivious. We'll either take him by the arm and literally drag him off or kick him under the table, to which he'll look at us sharply and say "Why did you kick me!?!" in front of everyone, lol.

We tell him what he was doing afterward and he gets kinda pouty.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Weird noises?!? Gah! A couple of people over time had said that they like my weird noises.

I was like weird noises? What are you talking about? Most of the time I didn't even know it, but seem to do it less now that I'm older.

Not such a weird noise, but I was over at an ISTP friends house and we
    were playing guitar. His wife came in from grocery shopping and found us on the couch with the schnauzer in-between.

All three howling in sync...then we'd break it down taking turns at brief solos...and the dog would start it up again when we'd stop.

I think her facial expression looked something about like this.

Just kind of looked at each other and continued, why ruin the dogs good time?

[/QUOTE] Just kind of looked at each other and continued, why ruin the dogs good time? [/QUOTE]

That's why we love you guys! Just when we think we've got you down . . SURPRISE!!!

My ISTP will suddenly get up in the middle of a movie shout out a dramatic maniacal laugh and just leave the room. We're kind of used to it by now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Hahaha... ISTPs and weird noises... Two of my ENTP friends have tried translating my noises. I would much rather make a noise or gesture than say a common short phrase. It's a waste of energy. Like: "I dunno" is "MrrMRRmrr." .... F it, I can't translate it to text like they can.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.