User Tag List

First 2345 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    McMartinez84, my boss is like your friend. Sometimes things can be very awkward between us and oddly silent. I swear he rides the waves of his moods in some invisible tide. He can be cantankerous or close up for no reason and then an hour later, it's like he downed a Mountain Dew in 2.5 seconds. It may be true about other E's drawing him out. I work closely with an E, although she has a different boss...and she is WAY better with him and he's not so awkward with her. But I've always heard him say things about her need to be "pleasing" and "super chipper." He is an attorney and yet seems to seriously lack social skills at times! There are times when I think "he is just WEIRD!"
    hahahahahaha... that is SO funny! It's so strange how accurate the types are. I would've never guessed ISTJs would be like that, and I still don't really understand why, but the one I know is like that to a tee. I wouldn't say he's that weird though, at least to me, I mean weirder than other people, but I think I'm crazier than pretty much any other mofo I've ever met anyway. Except for Meseri the INFJ, of course.

The only person I've come across that I HATED, that I thought was a complete and total douche bag with no qualities to speak of that I can find (and we ISFJs look for the good in people!) was an ESTJ. GAWD, he's annoying. I can't stand being around him. He is pompous and arrogant and materialist and comes off as totally FAKE and pretentious. The worst!!
    Man, I know, the bad ESTJs are so obviously bad. It's a pity that all of them get such a bad rep for it, I know there are some who are really cool.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISTP

McMartinez84, my boss is like your friend. Sometimes things can be very awkward between us and oddly silent. I swear he rides the waves of his moods in some invisible tide. He can be cantankerous or close up for no reason and then an hour later, it's like he downed a Mountain Dew in 2.5 seconds. It may be true about other E's drawing him out. I work closely with an E, although she has a different boss...and she is WAY better with him and he's not so awkward with her. But I've always heard him say things about her need to be "pleasing" and "super chipper." He is an attorney and yet seems to seriously lack social skills at times! There are times when I think "he is just WEIRD!"
    Yep. I just don't understand it all. I can't predict his behavior no matter how hard I try.

The thing is, too, that he's opened up around me before. One time he and I went to a roller coaster park (just as friends, we wanted to see the show that night). It ended up getting rained out, but before that and during the rain, we just sat around and talked for awhile... He said things like how he defines himself by the work he does, how having a significant other isn't a priority in his life... I think those are things you wouldn't just say to anyone. Especially as a fellow introvert, I know *I* wouldn't just say those things to most people. Of course that was over a year ago, so maybe we're just back at square one. I don't know and I don't pretend to. I have a tendency to leave the ball in someone else's court, and that's just what I'm going to do permanently with him. *shrug*
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTP

I think he was probably just not in the mood to talk. I try to avoid the function order because it seems kinda convoluted to me sometimes, but other times it just makes so much sense. His third order function would supposedly be Fi, which is moody. That definitely seems to fit my ISTJ friend. I mean his moods don't seem to be conscious (he'll never tell you he's feeling a certain way) but they do always seem to dictate how energetic/reserved he is.

Does that make sense?
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    As long as they're enneagram 3's. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    But yes, type 3's are notably awesome. Same with 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    3's the fittest, most intelligent and the best !
    sweet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

But who oh who will love this lowly 7?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Does that make sense?
    Much more than before
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I think he was probably just not in the mood to talk. I try to avoid the function order because it seems kinda convoluted to me sometimes, but other times it just makes so much sense. His third order function would supposedly be Fi, which is moody. That definitely seems to fit my ISTJ friend. I mean his moods don't seem to be conscious (he'll never tell you he's feeling a certain way) but they do always seem to dictate how energetic/reserved he is.

Does that make sense?
    This is like my dad and he wants everyone elses mood to kinda mimic his. Its like he wants everyone else to slow down when he is relaxed and when he is energetic he will push others to irritation and not understand what he did. One thing I notice between ISTJ and ISTP is I went to the lake and near the end of the night I was wore out. I layed there on my jetski watching my niece, my son, and my wife play. I didnt feel like I had to join, I got up a few times to get them drinks and it didnt bother me because it didnt require any energy on my part. Pure Se, no interaction. I handed them the drinks and went back to lay on the jet ski. It seems like when my dad hits this mode doing things require energy. He wants everyone else to slow down so he doesnt have to even think about getting up. I dont lose physical energy when i get tired. I lose the ability to want to be in a social situation to have to talk to others. I dont mind being in pure listen mode either at this point.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't know his type, but I work with this guy:

Just returned from Iraq
    Major bull-in-china-shop metality
    Crass/loud
    Competitive
    Not very bright
    5'6", with Nepolionic attitude to match
    Just bought a big, new BMW.

He drives me nuts. I try to avoid him, although I'm polite in a minimal way. I can usually find something redeeming in people, but I just can't in him.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I don't know his type, but I work with this guy:

Just returned from Iraq
    Major bull-in-china-shop metality
    Crass/loud
    Competitive
    Not very bright
    5'6", with Nepolionic attitude to match
    Just bought a big, new BMW.

He drives me nuts. I try to avoid him, although I'm polite in a minimal way. I can usually find something redeeming in people, but I just can't in him.
    Very likely an ESTJ
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISFP

I find things just don't click between me and Fe-dominant types (ENFJ or ESFJ). They seem like nice enough people, but the ESFJs I've met are very concerned that everyone's doing what they are supposed to be doing, and the ENFJs always have some social engineering thing going on. They've decided what's best for the world and everyone has to do it. These EFJs have complained to me that: I don't wear a tie to work; that I eat meat (we're all supposed to be vegetarians, apparently); that I drive a car; that I don't do enough to support my political party, and so on. They mean well, but it's kind of annoying.

I'm just interested in what works for me and what makes sense.