• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] My current issue with my ISTP friend

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. well, so much for iNtuition. i had you pegged for a city boy. Did you ever have chickens? If so, you might enjoy reading my blog. http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...tious-bouquet-early-blooming-parentheses.html I talk about, um, having chickens and stuff. :censored:

You are making me rethink that whole forced introvert thing. I've been wondering if my infp son is really an enfp in disguise. He used to talk more than anyone--talk my ear off--and then around age 8 or so he quit talking so much and started spending a lot of time alone in imaginative 'play' in his room. He gets tired playing with the neighborhood kids (mostly T boys), but when he gets around other enfp kids he's extremely animated and silly and never tires of being with them, wants to live with them, etc. We are all introverts and i hate to think I am forcing some sort of introversion on him.........Interesting concept that: Lone extravert in a family of introverts.

I dont see anything wrong with forcing introversion as long as you dont force to much. I think my son may be E and he is learning to find ways to amuse himself when I need introvert time. He may put his headphones on in the car and sing to it or ask to go hang out with his grand father. I try to pickup if he asks to much because it means I need to try to be more E.

I understand the confusion. My mom is either INFP or ENFP. She has that silly side, but isnt always on the surface. Last night she just randomly started doing punches and kicks for exercise. I cant help but laugh at the randomness.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont see anything wrong with forcing introversion as long as you dont force to much. I think my son may be E and he is learning to find ways to amuse himself when I need introvert time. He may put his headphones on in the car and sing to it or ask to go hang out with his grand father. I try to pickup if he asks to much because it means I need to try to be more E.

I understand the confusion. My mom is either INFP or ENFP. She has that silly side, but isnt always on the surface. Last night she just randomly started doing punches and kicks for exercise. I cant help but laugh at the randomness.

hm. can you tell me more about your mom's infp-ness?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ

I can completely relate to that.:)
I like your mom!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
haha. well, so much for iNtuition. i had you pegged for a city boy. Did you ever have chickens? If so, you might enjoy reading my blog. http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...tious-bouquet-early-blooming-parentheses.html I talk about, um, having chickens and stuff. :censored:
Well I adapt really well. :yes: I moved to the metropolitan area when I was almost 10. Still took a bit to adjust, though. I've been kinda off for awhile, y'know? But anyways.

No we never had chickens or any animals besides a cat and dog. But when I was like five or so our next door neighbor did have a chicken or two. I remember looking for worms with the girl and the dad throwing the chicken up so that it fluttered into a tree. Fun stuff. :D

You are making me rethink that whole forced introvert thing. I've been wondering if my infp son is really an enfp in disguise. He used to talk more than anyone--talk my ear off--and then around age 8 or so he quit talking so much and started spending a lot of time alone in imaginative 'play' in his room. He gets tired playing with the neighborhood kids (mostly T boys), but when he gets around other enfp kids he's extremely animated and silly and never tires of being with them, wants to live with them, etc. We are all introverts and i hate to think I am forcing some sort of introversion on him.........Interesting concept that: Lone extravert in a family of introverts.
Yeah, makes sense. Of course INFPs can be really lively around people they know, too. Who knows?

He does sound like he's more on the extroverted side, though.