User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    haha. well, so much for iNtuition. i had you pegged for a city boy. Did you ever have chickens? If so, you might enjoy reading my blog. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rentheses.html I talk about, um, having chickens and stuff.

You are making me rethink that whole forced introvert thing. I've been wondering if my infp son is really an enfp in disguise. He used to talk more than anyone--talk my ear off--and then around age 8 or so he quit talking so much and started spending a lot of time alone in imaginative 'play' in his room. He gets tired playing with the neighborhood kids (mostly T boys), but when he gets around other enfp kids he's extremely animated and silly and never tires of being with them, wants to live with them, etc. We are all introverts and i hate to think I am forcing some sort of introversion on him.........Interesting concept that: Lone extravert in a family of introverts.
    I dont see anything wrong with forcing introversion as long as you dont force to much. I think my son may be E and he is learning to find ways to amuse himself when I need introvert time. He may put his headphones on in the car and sing to it or ask to go hang out with his grand father. I try to pickup if he asks to much because it means I need to try to be more E.

I understand the confusion. My mom is either INFP or ENFP. She has that silly side, but isnt always on the surface. Last night she just randomly started doing punches and kicks for exercise. I cant help but laugh at the randomness.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with forcing introversion as long as you dont force to much. I think my son may be E and he is learning to find ways to amuse himself when I need introvert time. He may put his headphones on in the car and sing to it or ask to go hang out with his grand father. I try to pickup if he asks to much because it means I need to try to be more E.

I understand the confusion. My mom is either INFP or ENFP. She has that silly side, but isnt always on the surface. Last night she just randomly started doing punches and kicks for exercise. I cant help but laugh at the randomness.
    hm. can you tell me more about your mom's infp-ness?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I can completely relate to that.
    I like your mom!

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

haha. well, so much for iNtuition. i had you pegged for a city boy. Did you ever have chickens? If so, you might enjoy reading my blog. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rentheses.html I talk about, um, having chickens and stuff.
    Well I adapt really well. I moved to the metropolitan area when I was almost 10. Still took a bit to adjust, though. I've been kinda off for awhile, y'know? But anyways.

No we never had chickens or any animals besides a cat and dog. But when I was like five or so our next door neighbor did have a chicken or two. I remember looking for worms with the girl and the dad throwing the chicken up so that it fluttered into a tree. Fun stuff.

You are making me rethink that whole forced introvert thing. I've been wondering if my infp son is really an enfp in disguise. He used to talk more than anyone--talk my ear off--and then around age 8 or so he quit talking so much and started spending a lot of time alone in imaginative 'play' in his room. He gets tired playing with the neighborhood kids (mostly T boys), but when he gets around other enfp kids he's extremely animated and silly and never tires of being with them, wants to live with them, etc. We are all introverts and i hate to think I am forcing some sort of introversion on him.........Interesting concept that: Lone extravert in a family of introverts.
    Yeah, makes sense. Of course INFPs can be really lively around people they know, too. Who knows?

He does sound like he's more on the extroverted side, though.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]