User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    INFP: I'd like to discover the cure for cancer.

ISFP: If I did, I'd ask for a reward. I already decided what. I'd want my own interstate highway built, where I get to be the first one to drive the whole thing, with no other drivers on the road. They'd have all the exits blocked off, so nobody could get on but me, but I'd call ahead if I needed an exit opened for me to stop at a gas station or get food or whatever. It would be so awesome!

INFP: Yeah, but think about how many trees would have to be cut down to build another interstate.

ISFP: You don't get it. I could drive the whole thing by myself! It would be MY highway!

INFP: ......

ISFP: Okay, fine! You could come too!

INFP: .......
    not this eye en eff pee

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I prefer to walk!
    Bike paths please!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    not this eye en eff pee
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I have loads of sales resistance and am not a sucker for product placement. But if a company would like to sponsor me as I walk mile after mile, I'd gladly wear advertisements on my clothing. It helps if they show me the money first.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    ISFPs don't have a lot of sales resistance. They're suckers for product-placements.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

INFP: I'd like to discover the cure for cancer.

ISFP: If I did, I'd ask for a reward. I already decided what. I'd want my own interstate highway built, where I get to be the first one to drive the whole thing, with no other drivers on the road. They'd have all the exits blocked off, so nobody could get on but me, but I'd call ahead if I needed an exit opened for me to stop at a gas station or get food or whatever. It would be so awesome!

INFP: Yeah, but think about how many trees would have to be cut down to build another interstate.

ISFP: You don't get it. I could drive the whole thing by myself! It would be MY highway!

INFP: ......

ISFP: Okay, fine! You could come too!

INFP: .......

OMG this is horrible... But..... SO FUNNY!
    Likes yung_nun liked this post

ISFPs can become rich and famous. INFPs only famous, and only after their death.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am no expert here, and anyone please feel free to chime in and elaborate/correct where needed.

Cognitively, ISFP's and INFP's share Fi and Te, but differ in their 2 middle attributes.

INFP = Fi Ne Si Te
    ISFP = Fi Se Ni Te

Ne - Interested with other perspectives, applying vast insight to see all sides of an object, to understand the object completely.

Se - Interested in the colors, lines, texture, taste, smell of an object. Observing the setting of the object.

Si - Recalling past objects that might relate, facts about similar objects. Memories that link to the object.

Ni - Wondering why the object is there, what is its purpose? Does this object have any potential impact on the future?

Someone asked for a practical example of difference between the two.

So in this scenario a boy is helping his father build a playset. The boy is in charge of providing the tools needed. This contrasts the boy being ISFP vs INFP.

In many cases the ISFP boy has a good idea of where everything is at due to Se but he may become "mesmerized" just studying the objects, not necessarily thinking about them, just looking at the hammer, picking it up and feeling the weight, noticing how cold the metal is, etc. The Ni may cause the ISFP boy wonder why we have playsets, what is the purpose? If I didn't have a playset, would it change me?

The INFP boy might not pay as much attention to how things are laid out and instead get lost in a daydream about who knows what? Some may think about the wood used to create the playset, where did it come from, what trees died? Where did the metal from the screws come from? What would the Native Americans think if they stumbled upon a playset like this before we took their land? Si may compare this playset to his friend's playset, the differences. Then Si may pull the INFP into a recall of fond memories playing at his friend's house.

In both cases, the boy may try to organize the items to make the process more efficient (Te). If the father gets angry at the boy, the boy will be intensely hurt, but most likely will not show it. (Fi)

^ I think you did a pretty good job there.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That doesn't sound like a practical example. It's just raw speculation.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That doesn't sound like a practical example. It's just raw speculation.
    Your arguments and elaboration are welcome.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm INFP, and my brother-in-law is ISFP, and I have to say I think simulatedworld pretty much hit it right on on page 2. Very good explanation.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra