User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

infps seem less socially adapted than isfps. isfps blend in and tend to be more charming. infp occasionally say something uncomfortably weird.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    infps seem less socially adapted than isfps. isfps blend in and tend to be more charming. infp occasionally say something uncomfortably weird.
    haha....this is true. ISFPs seem too cool for school, and INFPs are just the weirdos
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Then I am INFP then!

Damn. I really don't want to be an uncool nerd...

There is an old thread that Heart started where IFP listed their likes and dislikes. Read that.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    How would you tell the difference between these two?
    I don't know if this will be helpful, but I have a first hand experience on this. I was INFP as a child. My ESTJ mother's persistent influence turned me into an INFJ by the time I was a teenager, but today, I would think it's fair to say I'm in between J and P, trying to make the best of each preference.

When I was 9 (and still pretty INFP), my ISTJ brother married an ISFP. She is a virtuose pianist and became my new piano teacher. I was all in awe about her, full of respect and admiration. She was very kind to me and took me places sometimes (bike rides, movies, shopping). I was surprised at how well we communicated and understood things in a similar way. We got along quite well musically speaking, both having an intuitive way about hearing and remembering music, creating back vocals and so on. We shared the same odd, dreamy and imaginative childhood experiences. We loved the same books.
    Very often, when I felt the need to share something personal and meaningful that my ESTJ mother would never understand (or care to understand) I would go to her, and she was pretty receptive.

My sister-in-law cries all the times when she watches a movie. It rarely happens to me (the movie has to touch me very deeply) but it happened once when I saw a tv-movie about Joan of Arc (Joan of Arc is an INFP archetype). I shared my feelings with her about it (she had watched it as well) and she admitted she was quite indifferent to it. Joan's spiritual passion meant nothing to her. That is one of the events that made me understand our difference.
    Also, I was often surprised at how adventurous she was, always trying new things, while I prefered to trust the things I loved and knew well. I noticed how, even as a good Christian, she did things that seemed borderline immoral/illegal to me, without seeing anything wrong in it.
    Last edited by KLessard; 10-04-2009 at 06:23 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sonickel77 View Post
    Then I am INFP then!

well...that's just too bad then.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    I don't know if this will be helpful, but I have a first hand experience on this. I was INFP as a child. My ESTJ mother's persistent influence turned me into an INFJ by the time I was a teenager, but today, I would think it's fair to say I'm in between J and P, trying to make the best of each preference.

When I was 9 (and still pretty INFP), my ISTJ brother married an ISFP. She is a virtuose pianist and became my new piano teacher. I was all in awe about her, full of respect and admiration. She was very kind to me and took me places sometimes (bike rides, movies, shopping). I was surprised at how well we communicated and understood things in a similar way. We got along quite well musically speaking, both having an intuitive way about hearing and remembering music, creating back vocals and so on. We shared the same odd, dreamy and imaginative childhood experiences. We loved the same books.
    Very often, when I felt the need to share something personal and meaningful that my ESTJ mother would never understand (or care to understand) I would go to her, and she was pretty receptive.

My sister-in-law cries all the times when she watches a movie. It rarely happens to me (the movie has to touch me very deeply) but it happened once when I saw a tv-movie about Joan of Arc (Joan of Arc is an INFP archetype). I shared my feelings with her about it (she had watched it as well) and admitted she was quite indifferent to it. Joan's spiritual passion meant nothing to her. That is one of the events that made me understand our difference.
    Also, I was often surprised at how adventurous she was, always trying new things, while I prefered to trust the things I loved and knew well. I noticed how, even as a good Christian, she did things that seemed borderline immoral/illegal to me, without seeing anything wrong in it.
    Yes, this was very helpful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sonickel77 View Post
    Then I am INFP then!

Bah. There is no such thing as uncool.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Doesn't seem ENFP. Holding a dreadlock and passionately saying, "this is my identity" rules out almost all Fi types. Or at least I know NFPs wouldn't be likely to do it.

...I've done it.

MBTI
    INFP

Some more pointers on how to tell them apart (drawn mostly from myself and my ISFP sister):

1. Regarding the "cool-looking" thing, I think ISFPs pay more attention to outward details -- to what looks good and is fashionable. So they're likely to give more thought to what they wear and what it says about them. INFPs are more likely from what I've seen to dress as nondescriptly as possible within the parameters of whichever subculture they most closely identify with. I think INTPs do this too.

2. ISFPs don't have a lot of sales resistance. They're suckers for product-placements.

3. INFPs usually consider themselves somewhat "philosophical". ISFPs don't. This is probably the quickest and most effective way to tell them apart.

brainheart

I can look cool every once in awhile. But not consistently. I'll go through phases where I think things like, "I should buy more avant-garde clothes and wash my hair more than once a week," and then I kind of forget. I basically have a uniform- I loved it when I was in school and wore uniforms, by the way, it was the most liberating thing ever- and a couple of times of year I'll add on to it. But the clothes I do have are fairly cool, I'm not roaming around in Dockers and polo shirts or anything, but not super cool. I checked out a Vogue the other day when I decided I needed to express my inward identity a little more outwardly and it just depressed me; I couldn't get into at all. It just seemed like a waste- not that I don't appreciate fashion sense in others, mind you. It's just not something I want to preoccupy myself with, or spend money on. As long as I don't look like a super-dork, all is good. I'd call my look counter-culture lite.

I can be 'cool' and well-liked, however; but typically the people who think I'm cool think so because I don't seem to give a shit about the things most girls seem to care about, or they like how smart I am, whatever. So not your typical culturally-approved standard of cool would be my guess. 'Nerdy-cool'.

I am not a sucker for advertising. I am a sucker for ideas, to add onto what jjj says.