User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Wooah, yeeeeahh maannn, that's riight!
    . It's not a general rule. Just a common trend I noticed.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    For some reason this attitude is oddly attractive to me. I know...I'm hopeless.
    So you're hippie friendly? Good to know.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So you're hippie friendly? Good to know.
    Heh. Most of my friends are ENxPs (It must be the rad clothing ). So I guess that's a yes. As long as they don't smell.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Heh. Most of my friends are ENxPs (It must be the rad clothing ). So I guess that's a yes. As long as they don't smell.
    The smell thing is a myth! Unless at a 3-day music festival, regular showers are normal, I swear.

MBTI
    ISFJ

In my experience:

My ISFP son is VERY artsy. He loves to paint and he loves photography and plays the guitar in a band. He just picked up the guitar one day and started playing it. He is always on the cutting edge of fashion. Even though I don't always love the clothes he picks, he ends up looking "cool" in a way I can't explain. He has an eclectic style, but when he puts it all together...it is very asthetically pleasing. His room is way cool. He is very down to earth. He's quiet, but can come out with such funny things that it blows my mind. He also has these crazy "older than his age" insights that are based totally on common sense. He craves freedom. He very much wants to be his own person. He hates the confines of school.

My INFP is very abstract. He lives in his head alot. Kind of dreamy and idealist and not very down to earth. He is creative in writing and he writes wonderful stories that he composes in his head. He dresses very conservatively and not necessarily "trendy" like my son. He likes to have "causes" that he can throw himself into (my son does this to a much lesser extent.) He daydreams a lot. He is very funny, but his sense of humor is unique and original. I thought his sense of humor was weird at first.

They are both quiet and like their own space though. And they are both very kind hearted and like doing things for other people.

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The INFP will probably come across as either more esoteric or analytical while the ISFP will come across as either being more "down to earth" or visably artsy.
    This this this. Also, INFPs tend to talk more about "weird"/strange/random what have you, things, whereas the ISFP is more practical. I mean sure, ISFP talk about "weird" things, but usually when the "weird" or "strange" or "random" whatever, thing is brought up, then they go with the flow.

Also, ISFP tend to have a more bubbly type of vibe, whereas INFP have either a melancholy or a more subdued vibe, most of the times.

These are all my experiences btw, take with grain of salt please.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dotdalidot View Post
    This this this. Also, INFPs tend to talk more about "weird"/strange/random what have you, things, whereas the ISFP is more practical. I mean sure, ISFP talk about "weird" things, but usually when the "weird" or "strange" or "random" whatever, thing is brought up, then they go with the flow.

Also, ISFP tend to have a more bubbly type of vibe, whereas INFP have either a melancholy or a more subdued vibe, most of the times.

These are all my experiences btw, take with grain of salt please.
    I agree!!!

MBTI
    INTP

I'm dead even between INFP and ISFP, have a bit of both tendencies.

Leaning towards ISFP because I'm more comfortable sharing activities with friends than going deep and meaningful. Love jobs where I can get out and use cameras, musical instruments, lighting equipment, etc. And if I wasn't so fat I'd be totally funky dressed.

MBTI
    ISFP

Reading both ISFP and INFP descriptions, I tend to display both..but I believe I'm more ISFP because I hate philosophy and when things get abstract, I tend to zone out and leave the matter for a while. I also learn more effectively when pictures/graphics or a hands-on approach is taught. I like to make abstract art and appreciate nature/aesthetically beautiful things very much. However, I don't have a good fashion sense, and the people around me asks why I'm always frowning(even when I feel perfectly happy), and I tend to daydream a lot of what I would like to happen in the future...so sometimes I doubt I'm ISFP.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    From youtube, this is pretty classic INFP from the ones I've known. The facial expressions after 0:43 are signature.

YouTube - Personality Tests and INFP-ness

There are almost no ISFP videos on youtube though .
    Holy crap, that girl stole my voice & manner of speech! :eek:
    I'm far more stylish though

I'm an INFP who is very into aesthetics, creating tangible art (if I can focus long enough to do it), and maintaining autonomy. INFPs can be as much visual artists as ISFPs.

However, I am at core, very idealistic, obsessed with all things ethical, and use a lot of metaphor and symbolism to communicate. The physical realm can feel surreal, while my imagination feels real, and I have difficulty being in the moment.

An INFP approach to art is likely going to be more conceptually thought out and an ISFP may take a more in the moment approach. INFPs will emphasize symbolism, and an ISFP may emphasize pure aesthetic value. An ISFP fashion designer will often say they are going to allow the fabric to "choose what it wants to become". It's sort of creating with the impulse of the moment. If it's beautiful and stirs feeling, then mission accomplished. Think of Jackson Pollack and his approach to painting.

An INFP will likely have some complex concept (such as an entire story built around the emotion they want to evoke through the design) before they being physically making anything. It seems that ISFPs are more prolific artists in this sense, because they dive into the hands on part faster, whereas INFPs may over-think it, lose interest, and never realize their idea.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Amber97 liked this post