• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Jiu-Jitsu

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I love it I can't get enough of it. Every time I roll I feel a sense of peace within myself, a oneness with the planet. I love the body movements and the dynamics, I like to take control and be controlled. I like escaping submissions, being swept over. The sudden choas, the flow, the act of being in the moment. It's intense I thrive on it and I'm good at it too. Is is wrong to love something so primal?, it seems so right on so many levels.

Last edited:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Every time I roll I feel a sense of peace within myself, a oneness with the planet.
You must be getting choked out then. Lack of oxygen can result in a high feeling. :D (only kidding, I know what you mean :))

I think it was Renzo Gracie who referred to it as a kinetic chess. That's what I like about it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
You must be getting choked out then. Lack of oxygen can result in a high feeling. :D (only kidding, I know what you mean :))

I think it was Renzo Gracie who referred to it as a kinetic chess. That's what I like about it.

I like being chocked out, although I hardly ever do.

T

ThatGirl

My coach was the weirdest peson I ever rolled with. Like a rolly pollie. I coulnd't get shit on him. Other than that, the day I threw the girl in a crucifix, and tapped out the 6ft+ guy.....epic.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
My coach was the weirdest peson I ever rolled with. Like a rolly pollie. I coulnd't get shit on him. Other than that, the day I threw the girl in a crucifix, and tapped out the 6ft+ guy.....epic.

woah gina corano over here.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what level are you currently at? :)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

So are you going to retitle your blog "Who wants to roll with ThatGirl"? :cheese:

...no wait, you should hold a special session at a meetup! :laugh:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I love it I can't get enough of it. Every time I roll I feel a sense of peace within myself, a oneness with the planet. I love the body movements and the dynamics, I like to take control and be controlled. I like escaping submissions, being swept over. The sudden choas, the flow, the act of being in the moment. It's intense I thrive on it and I'm good at it too. Is is wrong to love something so primal?, it seems so right on so many levels.

Are you talking about martial arts, or sex?

phoenity

:D

I feel this way with every physical activity I do, and that's the primary reason I do what I do. I don't do it because it's exercise and it's healthy, screw that. I do it because this is what my body was made to do. I do it because the sensations feel so amazing, beyond anything I could ever describe with words.. There is just something so primal about sensing every movement, every breath, sensing this powerful energy of being so connected to reality and to your body.

It's exactly like sex.

Depending on the activity and the inherent risk of that activity, there may be more of an adrenaline component which can really give me a rush of aliveness.

If I need to feel my heart racing faster than ever before, knowing that I could crash and die at any moment, I'll speed down a mountain on a bicycle.

If I just want to relax and feel an ultimate sense of peace, I'll do yoga.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did a little jui-jitsu. The rolling was pretty cool, but I have always prefered more of a kicking punching style though. It was the speed and accuracy that I thrived on. The fact that I could kick or punch full speed and just tap the person. I like to mess with family and punch or kick full speed stopping within an inch or less everytime. I loved 360 jump kicks, especially a jumping 360 back swing kick. I used to do those over and over till I got so dizzy I couldnt stand. When sparring with one of my instructors we used to show off with nothing but spin kicks. We would end up on one side of the room and just start doing all different spin kicks pushing the other person back and sometimes slamming them into the wall with the last kick. With me it was more of speed and control of myself than it was sensing the movement. To be in complete control I had to be so focused on the target so that I could adjust my movement mid stream when the target moved.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I prefer to stand and bang :girlfight: (except I look way more manly than the smilie)

I only slightly prefer standing to rolling, and its mostly b/c I'm better on my feet than off them (unless this is bedroom jiu-jitsu we're talking about).

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
it's fun and games till someone gets hurt, just be responsible. And by the way I'm the best at predicting who will win MMA fights, my friend started making bets off my advise and hasn't lost a bet once yet.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
it's fun and games till someone gets hurt, just be responsible. And by the way I'm the best at predicting who will win MMA fights, my friend started making bets off my advise and hasn't lost a bet once yet.

same. except I havent done it for money yet.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

I feel this way with every physical activity I do, and that's the primary reason I do what I do. I don't do it because it's exercise and it's healthy, screw that. I do it because this is what my body was made to do. I do it because the sensations feel so amazing, beyond anything I could ever describe with words.. There is just something so primal about sensing every movement, every breath, sensing this powerful energy of being so connected to reality and to your body.

I was reading another thread and it made me think of this one. If S is sensory and I and E is whether it is extraverted and introverted wouldnt this be Si?

GHC

MBTI Type
INFP
I practice BJJ too, it is my favorite pastime and probably one of the best and effective Martial arts out there.

I am white belt with a 4th rank. Heck, I believe I am a pretty good fighter my teacher says that I am very flexible and quick when fighting which give me and edge with a lot of people.

The techniques I use the most: Armbar, Americana, Reversal, guillotine choke
The triangle is quite difficult to do for me.

I also Practiced Boxing and MMA in my academy.

I LOVE BJJ, BOXING, MUAY THAI AND MMA.