First 1234 Last

Thread: Salamander SPs!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post

I usually don't know what to think about myself or what I feel or who I really am. I might adopt the viewpoint of those around me or at least pretend to. I like to either play with peoples' impressions of me or just go along with them for the heck of it for entertainment purposes.
    This is one of the things that worries/fascinates me about SPs (some SPs, anyway). From my perspective, this makes you...not sure how to put this...potentially untrustworthy. I mean, I am sure that like any other type, there are trustworthy SPs and untrustworthy SPs. But if you aren't interested in your own identity except as a fluid entity to get more fun/interest out of your relations with others, how does anyone ever know who "the real you" is? Or are all those different faces "the real you"?

I think it just especially worries me when an SP can express one opinion with me, and a completely different opinion with a different kind of person/friend, and be happy with that and not see any contradiction, or if they do, it doesn't bother them.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Can't entirely help you out there. Halla might be better at that.

The best I can say is that it doesn't help to be too rigid. The same action can be completely different in different contexts, thus you can actually be a hypocrite by being too much the same all the time.

Another point to make is that sometimes you just gotta meet people where they are, be all things to all people and all that jazz. Alot of times I'll agree with someone just because I understand where they're coming from even though I don't have the same viewpoint. It helps them vent and feel encouraged so they don't feel like they have to suppress their feelings. It's kind of cathartic.

Some people might think I'm a hypocrite for getting drunk sometimes even though I'm a practicing Christian, but I don't really see the contradiction. I see it as more or less relative and think arbitrary, absolute standards are actually dangerous. Moderation, or at least not letting oneself be addicted to anything, is the key.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This is one of the things that worries/fascinates me about SPs (some SPs, anyway). From my perspective, this makes you...not sure how to put this...potentially untrustworthy. I mean, I am sure that like any other type, there are trustworthy SPs and untrustworthy SPs. But if you aren't interested in your own identity except as a fluid entity to get more fun/interest out of your relations with others, how does anyone ever know who "the real you" is? Or are all those different faces "the real you"?

I think it just especially worries me when an SP can express one opinion with me, and a completely different opinion with a different kind of person/friend, and be happy with that and not see any contradiction, or if they do, it doesn't bother them.
    Its possible to see both sides of things logically and its even possible to think 2 different things because of one small difference that we may know about you. Remember that every situation is different. If one person likes doing something and someone else doesnt you may have the exact same situation and we will give 2 different responses.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post

The best I can say is that it doesn't help to be too rigid. The same action can be completely different in different contexts, thus you can actually be a hypocrite by being too much the same all the time.

Another point to make is that sometimes you just gotta meet people where they are, be all things to all people and all that jazz. Alot of times I'll agree with someone just because I understand where they're coming from even though I don't have the same viewpoint. It helps them vent and feel encouraged so they don't feel like they have to suppress their feelings. It's kind of cathartic.

Some people might think I'm a hypocrite for getting drunk sometimes even though I'm a practicing Christian, but I don't really see the contradiction. I see it as more or less relative and think arbitrary, absolute standards are actually dangerous. Moderation, or at least not letting oneself be addicted to anything, is the key.
    I don't know that I can add to what you wrote above, I think it's well put.

I will offer the following. I am very well liked and regarded highly by those who know me. Friendships are very special to me and I go out of my way to help those that I call dear. Like everyone else, I am human, and there have been times when I have screwed up, some of the small and some of them huge. The bottom line is though that I make right whatever wrong I might have done. The reason I think this is relevant to the topic at hand is the following age old adage:

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I am a man of action. Most ESTPs are. Although I often have alot to say about everything, when something needs to be done, I have the wherewithall and gumption to make it so. Why? Because I believe in doing the right things for the right reasons, and I also don't like my intentions to be questioned. The easiest way to lay such inquiries to rest is to point out your historical precedents, by calling attention to your actions that nullify any doubts about you. Life is not just about random acts of kindness, doing what you believe in, or setting an example because it is the right thing to do, it's about all of them, and I have found that when you consistetnly live as such, when the time comes for testimony of your character to be verified, it is very easy to do, and you do not have to utter a single word, and sometimes that says more than anything.

[GROUP 0:] Many do nothing, they let life happen around them.

[GROUP 1:] There are those that can. (Some)

[GROUP 2:] There are those that will. (Fewer)

[GROUP 3:] There are those that can AND will. (Few and far between)

I've always been a member of GROUP 3. Just because SPs are capable of social interaction in a highly successful manner does not mean they are insincere. I call bullshit on that line of thought, I've never liked the tone of it actually, it is condescending.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Do you have the little gripper toes too?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Do you have the little gripper toes too?
    Indeed. They come in handy when it is necessary clench a truly mighty pimp fist.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Halla74 is unique just like everyone else

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post

I don't know that I can add to what you wrote above, I think it's well put.

I will offer the following. I am very well liked and regarded highly by those who know me. Friendships are very special to me and I go out of my way to help those that I call dear. Like everyone else, I am human, and there have been times when I have screwed up, some of the small and some of them huge. The bottom line is though that I make right whatever wrong I might have done. The reason I think this is relevant to the topic at hand is the following age old adage:

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I am a man of action. Most ESTPs are. Although I often have alot to say about everything, when something needs to be done, I have the wherewithall and gumption to make it so. Why? Because I believe in doing the right things for the right reasons, and I also don't like my intentions to be questioned. The easiest way to lay such inquiries to rest is to point out your historical precedents, by calling attention to your actions that nullify any doubts about you. Life is not just about random acts of kindness, doing what you believe in, or setting an example because it is the right thing to do, it's about all of them, and I have found that when you consistetnly live as such, when the time comes for testimony of your character to be verified, it is very easy to do, and you do not have to utter a single word, and sometimes that says more than anything.

[GROUP 0:] Many do nothing, they let life happen around them.

[GROUP 1:] There are those that can. (Some)

[GROUP 2:] There are those that will. (Fewer)

[GROUP 3:] There are those that can AND will. (Few and far between)

I've always been a member of GROUP 3. Just because SPs are capable of social interaction in a highly successful manner does not mean they are insincere. I call bullshit on that line of thought, I've never liked the tone of it actually, it is condescending.
    Halla74 is offline Add to Halla74's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote -Halla74

I agree very much, I will try to look at everyone's own situation with the best of my ability with my own quiet judgement. And that SP's especially agree with the postmodernism philosophy. Yeah, so suck it, intuitives.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    I agree very much, I will try to look at everyone's own situation with the best of my ability with my own quiet judgement. And that SP's especially agree with the postmodernism philosophy. Yeah, so suck it, intuitives.
    I do so love it when someone is able to use "suck it" in a response and it make sense. Holy shite, what a night! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Cheers, ILT!

-Halla

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

I can see both sides of most everything. No matter how thin you slice it there's always two sides. There is no real you anyway, just the memory of what was.