• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Do you break traffic laws, go through red lights and cut people off on the road? cuz i know I do. Also why does everyone on the forum like us?

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Do you break traffic laws, go through red lights and cut people off on the road? cuz i know I do. Also why does everyone on the forum like us?

Nope, I head out to the track. I obey most traffic laws, except for those pesky speed limits, going through red lights...no.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont go through traffic lights, but I have been known to take sidewalks, cut across medians, shoot off the side of the highway across the grass without slowing down, breaking my tires loose around turns, cut people off(i actually feel a little bad, but try to take off so they dont have to slow down.) I do stupid crap, but I am always very aware of my surroundings and dont do it to show off because that when things tend to be taken to far and when accidents happens.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Where do you live that you can get away with driving through red lights?

sculpting

haha, my ex husband ISTP used to break all traffic laws. He would also run others off the road and then try and stop and fight them.

As he gets older now he complains if I speed or talk on my cell phone in a fast food drive through that I am being rude....

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I knew a J would ask that question....suburbs of course.
I never see anyone do it in the New York suburbs, or anywhere else I've ever been... most of which is suburbs. I do go through changing yellow lights though.
haha, my ex husband ISTP used to break all traffic laws. He would also run others off the road and then try and stop and fight them.

As he gets older now he complains if I speed or talk on my cell phone in a fast food drive through that I am being rude....

Woah, I just figured out the deal with your username...

jixmixfix

Permabanned

LOL wtf...

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I never see anyone do it in the New York suburbs, or anywhere else I've ever been... most of which is suburbs. I do go through changing yellow lights though.

Yup, I live in the New York suburbs, and not only have I not seen that stuff here, no one is dumb enough to do that.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I never see anyone do it in the New York suburbs, or anywhere else I've ever been... most of which is suburbs.

Probably because here people look at a green light and floor it. In some other places (midwest, deep south) where people are more relaxed, they look before going, hence you can get away with running a red light.

Running a light that's been red for more than about a second will get you killed here.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Probably because here people look at a green light and floor it. In some other places (midwest, deep south) where people are more relaxed, they look before going, hence you can get away with running a red light.

Running a light that's been red for more than about a second will get you killed here.

Exactly.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I watch the walk signs in the city. If it turns to the flashing hand you better floor it because its about to turn yellow. If its still on walk your good. It helps you prepare before hand for a yellow. I have been known to stop at a yellow though when I am not really paying attention and not in a hurry. It feels stupid when your sitting there looking at the yellow light thinking why the hell did I stop when the light is yellow.

We have red light cameras at random intersections around dallas area so I do not run red lights. I was also alot more stupid and crazy when I had no responsibilities. With a family and bills I am alot more cautious. I look for ways to go crazy that are alot safer. Like in my other post I realize when I am being an ass so I dont ever get mad at anyone when it was my fault and I was being an ass. At those times I deserved the finger or horn. I used to fly through rush hour traffic at 70MPH cutting in and out(have only been in 2 wrecks and neither were when I was acting stupid, one wasnt my fault the other wouldnt have happened if the other person wasnt here illegally).

phoenity

Do you break traffic laws, go through red lights and cut people off on the road?

When I can get away with it, yea. Like rolling through stop signs or stop lights at 3am when there is obviously little danger of doing so.

I drive my car aggressively because it's fun, but I am not aggressive around and towards other drivers because then I'm putting others in danger. You never know how people will react, or if they are competent enough to react in time for something stupid you could have prevented. Driving is inherently dangerous and someone's life could end in an instant. So I try to be as safe as possible when around other vehicles, watching out for myself and others, who may not be watching out for anyone at all because they're on their phone.

I also ride a bicycle on the roads with other vehicles, and I very vividly remember all the stupid, inconsiderate things people have done that could have injured or killed me in an instant.

Also why does everyone on the forum like us?

They don't. That's your inferior Fe misperceiving again.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
When I can get away with it, yea. Like rolling through stop signs or stop lights at 3am when there is obviously little danger of doing so.

I drive my car aggressively because it's fun, but I am not aggressive around and towards other drivers because then I'm putting others in danger. You never know how people will react, or if they are competent enough to react in time for something stupid you could have prevented. Driving is inherently dangerous and someone's life could end in an instant. So I try to be as safe as possible when around other vehicles, watching out for myself and others, who may not be watching out for anyone at all because they're on their phone.

I also ride a bicycle on the roads with other vehicles, and I very vividly remember all the stupid, inconsiderate things people have done that could have injured or killed me in an instant.

They don't. That's your inferior Fe misperceiving again.

not really its just what I notice that people always talk about how great ISTPS are, but some don't, particularly "N" snobs.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i run red lights if there's not many people around, when it won't be dangerous.
what about those people who will sit at a red light at an empty intersection in the middle of the night? they sit there waiting for it to turn green. that cracks me up!! :laugh:

how about "do not walk" signs? do you guys cross the street when they're lit up?
i will fucking walk right through that shit. ;)