• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive got 4, one I sped up to soon on the service road and he got me going 61 in a 35. The other one, I got lucky because I had just slowed down from about 110 because I couldnt see over the hill and he got me going 70 in a 60. The other time was just going 10 over in a area with warehouses and those types of businesse. The last one was I floored it to go around a cop and it was a turbocharged manual so I went from 60-75 pretty quick and he nailed me as my nose poked out in front of the other car. If I would have sped up slower I would have been hidden by the car I was passing. I havnt got a ticket though in over 7 years, knock on wood. All 4 were in my highschool/college days, there was a period where 100 was nothing. Now I really stress if I hit 90 and 99% of the time stay at or below 70.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i was doing 65 on a 35 and i got charged w/wreck-less driving when they passed that new law here in VA. needless to say, i had to get a lawyer and the whole shebang...pain in my ass.

It wasn't your fault! The gas pedal was whispering, "go baby, go!"

I still don't know how I didn't get nailed for all those drag races, but oh sure, on the day I'm upset and argued with my eNTP, I get pulled?! C'mon!

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
what about those people who will sit at a red light at an empty intersection in the middle of the night? they sit there waiting for it to turn green. that cracks me up!! :laugh:

Um. What about those people??:steam:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Um. What about those people??:steam:

hahaha! :laugh:
they're crazy. you know? in the head. ;)
but we respect you for your principles.

i don't have any tickets, which is really kind of a canonization worthy miracle. i speed a lot.
but i have been pulled over a million times. i am pretty good at talking my way out of tickets. i guess it is conceited to say that. oh well.

and i am pretty aware of cops, like jixmixfix said. i have pulled some pretty involved manuveurs to avoid cops, when it looked like they were turning around to stop me. :laugh:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I doubt I'd ever try to break any driving laws. But...I felt something good once while driving. I knew I wanted to just...drive really fast. Gosh it was tempting, but dad immediately advised against it. lol

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
hahaha! :laugh:
they're crazy. you know? in the head. ;)
but we respect you for your principles.

i don't have any tickets, which is really kind of a canonization worthy miracle. i speed a lot.
but i have been pulled over a million times. i am pretty good at talking my way out of tickets. i guess it is conceited to say that. oh well.

and i am pretty aware of cops, like jixmixfix said. i have pulled some pretty involved manuveurs to avoid cops, when it looked like they were turning around to stop me. :laugh:

:D Well actually...

I mean, I've never run a red light for any reason. But I do speed pretty frequently, so I don't deserve that much credit. I have a thing with cops too. I've been stopped a number of times, but never ticketed(yet).

What maneuvers do you use to avoid cops? I may need you to PM on this one. Not for me, ya know. For a friend....:newwink:

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i run red lights if i know there are no cameras and it's like 4am and no one's on the road and the lights take forever to turn green.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I speed, but I've gotten pulled over 4 times...one for going 15 over (that I got out of, thanks to a lawyer friend...), another for 15 over (that I paid - $220 or so! that hurt), another time I got an official warning for going 10 over and the last was for running a stop sign (and he let me off with a verbal warning).

I don't speed quite as much, altho I still go an average 7 over the limit (unless people tell me specifically not to speed in an area or if I see a cop).

I don't run red lights if I can manage it. That's silly dangerous and it's not terribly fun.

And I hate being cutoff, so I try not to do it to others....

I feel like I'm putting other people in danger when it comes to the road, so I *try*...I'd feel pretty bad if I survived a wreck and got anyone injured or killed. (Also why I don't condone drunk driving...it's pretty easy to call or get a cab...or wait and sober up.)

This is about the case for me. I was gonna say... am I the worst ISTP ever if I don't speed and such? I got 3 really bad tickets when I was 16 and got my license revoked for a summer. After that, I've only had 1 ticket in the past 7 years. :D

That being said, I am not a very good driver. I zone out too much. And try to do other things while I drive. Again, I think this is because I became a "well-behaved driver" and got bored driving. Also, I rarely drunk drive as well.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
What maneuvers do you use to avoid cops? I may need you to PM on this one. Not for me, ya know. For a friend....:newwink:

well basically it's just turning off the street and trying to loose the cop quickly before they turn their lights on. but it gets a little hard sometimes, you have to use the street layout to your advantage.

sometimes you can tell a cop is going to pull you over, but they haven't put on their lights yet because they are too far back, or they have to turn around or something. so you have a few seconds.
so i will quickly exit on to a side street or parking lot, one that has a big building or something on the corner that blocks the view. once you go around the building you're out of view for just a second. so you have to very quickly find another way to keep your car out of the line of sight when the cop comes around the corner. the idea is to keep maneuvering so that you stay completely out of the cop's sight. every time they come around a corner you have already put another obstacle between you. obviously this is only if they haven't put their lights on yet. :rolleyes:

and some people have more of a knack for driving, i think. this is a really bad idea for people who have ever turned the wrong way down a one-way street, or tried to go in the exit of a parking garage, or anything like that.
everyone i know who avoids cops like this consistently is the type of person who can give pinpoint directions to any street intersection based on your current location. :D

and if it doesn't work, and the cop does stop you, then they are seriously pissed off and you've really just made things much much worse. i have even heard of people getting arrested for evasion for trying this.
so it's kind of a gamble, but it's pretty exhilarating too.

phoenity

This is about the case for me. I was gonna say... am I the worst ISTP ever if I don't speed and such? I got 3 really bad tickets when I was 16 and got my license revoked for a summer. After that, I've only had 1 ticket in the past 7 years. :D

That being said, I am not a very good driver. I zone out too much. And try to do other things while I drive. Again, I think this is because I became a "well-behaved driver" and got bored driving. Also, I rarely drunk drive as well.

Don't let the man get you down and tell you how to be.

Get a motorcycle so you can zone back in. :D