User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTPS

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    haha, my ex husband ISTP used to break all traffic laws. He would also run others off the road and then try and stop and fight them.

As he gets older now he complains if I speed or talk on my cell phone in a fast food drive through that I am being rude....
    LOL wtf...

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I never see anyone do it in the New York suburbs, or anywhere else I've ever been... most of which is suburbs. I do go through changing yellow lights though.
    Yup, I live in the New York suburbs, and not only have I not seen that stuff here, no one is dumb enough to do that.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yup, I live in the New York suburbs, and not only have I not seen that stuff here, no one is dumb enough to do that.
    I'm not saying I do it all the time...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I never see anyone do it in the New York suburbs, or anywhere else I've ever been... most of which is suburbs.
    Probably because here people look at a green light and floor it. In some other places (midwest, deep south) where people are more relaxed, they look before going, hence you can get away with running a red light.

Running a light that's been red for more than about a second will get you killed here.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Nope... I accelerate quickly though for the laughs

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Probably because here people look at a green light and floor it. In some other places (midwest, deep south) where people are more relaxed, they look before going, hence you can get away with running a red light.

Running a light that's been red for more than about a second will get you killed here.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post

I watch the walk signs in the city. If it turns to the flashing hand you better floor it because its about to turn yellow. If its still on walk your good. It helps you prepare before hand for a yellow. I have been known to stop at a yellow though when I am not really paying attention and not in a hurry. It feels stupid when your sitting there looking at the yellow light thinking why the hell did I stop when the light is yellow.

We have red light cameras at random intersections around dallas area so I do not run red lights. I was also alot more stupid and crazy when I had no responsibilities. With a family and bills I am alot more cautious. I look for ways to go crazy that are alot safer. Like in my other post I realize when I am being an ass so I dont ever get mad at anyone when it was my fault and I was being an ass. At those times I deserved the finger or horn. I used to fly through rush hour traffic at 70MPH cutting in and out(have only been in 2 wrecks and neither were when I was acting stupid, one wasnt my fault the other wouldnt have happened if the other person wasnt here illegally).

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Do you break traffic laws, go through red lights and cut people off on the road?
    When I can get away with it, yea. Like rolling through stop signs or stop lights at 3am when there is obviously little danger of doing so.

I drive my car aggressively because it's fun, but I am not aggressive around and towards other drivers because then I'm putting others in danger. You never know how people will react, or if they are competent enough to react in time for something stupid you could have prevented. Driving is inherently dangerous and someone's life could end in an instant. So I try to be as safe as possible when around other vehicles, watching out for myself and others, who may not be watching out for anyone at all because they're on their phone.

I also ride a bicycle on the roads with other vehicles, and I very vividly remember all the stupid, inconsiderate things people have done that could have injured or killed me in an instant.

Also why does everyone on the forum like us?
    They don't. That's your inferior Fe misperceiving again.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    When I can get away with it, yea. Like rolling through stop signs or stop lights at 3am when there is obviously little danger of doing so.

I drive my car aggressively because it's fun, but I am not aggressive around and towards other drivers because then I'm putting others in danger. You never know how people will react, or if they are competent enough to react in time for something stupid you could have prevented. Driving is inherently dangerous and someone's life could end in an instant. So I try to be as safe as possible when around other vehicles, watching out for myself and others, who may not be watching out for anyone at all because they're on their phone.

I also ride a bicycle on the roads with other vehicles, and I very vividly remember all the stupid, inconsiderate things people have done that could have injured or killed me in an instant.

They don't. That's your inferior Fe misperceiving again.
    not really its just what I notice that people always talk about how great ISTPS are, but some don't, particularly "N" snobs.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i run red lights if there's not many people around, when it won't be dangerous.
    what about those people who will sit at a red light at an empty intersection in the middle of the night? they sit there waiting for it to turn green. that cracks me up!!

how about "do not walk" signs? do you guys cross the street when they're lit up?
    i will fucking walk right through that shit.