User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Exactly. And extroverts just seem get pissed if you have to leave or can't even imagine the horror of going to a movie alone. It is just ridiculous. I have to have my alone time to chill or I will freak out.Seriously.

The key to draining slower is not trying to concentrate on too many people at once, your Se can handle it for a while but you'll burn out fast

The other thing is not engaging people all the time. You will drain faster if you are constantly engaging them, maybe try and wait until an extravert engages you and then continue that way

By time the weekend rolls I'm usually very very charged as I don't really talk to people much at work not to mention the alcohol fueling my social time

This has all become subconscious to me but thats my process

You will also find that most people don't mind if you check out for a bit to have a mini recharge Ti/Ni for a deep thought sessh :P

The most common type is ISFJ so its a pretty common thing to see people do really

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

just a question: does anyone else find it very difficult to get out sentences right when they've socialized too much? my speech gets way more disorganized than usual. i'm practically slurring, which isn't so cute.

peppier people eye me with great suspicion and distaste..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Wasn't always like this, but do you, especially you ISTPs, all get that...weird rigor inside that just signals that it's time for some alone time? It's gotten to be a bigger problem for me somehow. In social settings, I'm comfortably solo most of all the time. After long periods of time spent with my best friend, I get more easily irritated (and unknowingly rude) as time goes by, and frequently when I get bored. I'd always shrug it off, and I wouldn't even know I'd done anything out of character sometimes. I'm honestly crazy about independence. If I don't have it or if I get caught in a regulated setting, I go nutzo...and weirdo...

This post isn't about me, though. Those seemed to be some characteristics of types like us. I wanna know if you guys identify at all with any feelings of autonomy, and describe how it shows itself with people you do and don't know.
    I'm exactly like this, even though I'm not ISTP (last I checked).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm exactly like you. It gets steadily worse the more I'm exposed to people. I'm good for a few hours around people (by this I mean constant), but then I start to get that nagging feeling of wanting to escape. The only time it's not like this is when I'm around close friends, and my energy runs out with them MUCH slower (I had a birthday party and I got tired of being around them after 36 hours (including sleeping)). Like you, I tend to shrug it off and ignore it, but I do get out of character. Then after that stops working I just get downright rude, and my sense of what is socially appropriate just seems to disappear. I say what I feel like, and I'm generally rude and get mad very easily, and I'm snappy. This all the while the only thing I can really think of is "get alone now!".

This is definitely an introvert thing. This is a key thing about being an introvert.
    +1.

I definitely feel like I need a great deal of alone time. I have been around people every night since Friday and it's really starting to get to me. Today I have not interacted with anyone and I'm totally okay with it. I could probably do it tomorrow and the day after if I felt like it. Actually, going a week without interaction with anyone except maybe my mom or a close friend is totally fine with me. I wish I didn't feel like this, but it's the way I am. That said, when the mood is right, I can be extremely social as well.

The way I deal with it, I guess, is just looking for alone time whenever possible. I find it pretty easily because whenever I'm not in an obligation I can do pretty much what I want. I just choose to spend a lot of that time without other people, although not all of it.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

If I want alone time I usually find a way to venture off. I'm quite good at slipping away if I need to, I know the precise moments when people are off their guard or lose interest in the conversation or what to say to ease them into that transition.

I usually don't need alone time, though, except to either read or think about an issue that I need to sort out such as a complicated crush situation and my feelings regarding it. Otherwise I crave interaction with others like a drug, and when I don't get it I'm usually depressed.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's definitely an introvert thing.

It's not so bad for me anymore, I've learned how to somewhat charge my introvert batteries in the middle of social events now. I just allow myself to recede to the back of the group's attention and observe. That observer mentality is the key to it. I'll just re-emerge when I'm charged up enough to continue.

Now... people that try to keep me in the group's attention sometimes get snapped at still.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ESTP

What a hypnotizing avatar you have.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP

I just realized, though, after thinking about what you said, that when people are off to themselves sometimes they don't want attention paid to them. They literally want to be left alone. It's hard as an extrovert to realize that, so please be patient when we try to engage you. Just tell us you prefer your aloneness for the time being and if we're reasonable we'll leave you alone.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]