User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Questions for SPs about love

Oooh, I'm stealing this thread idea from Coeur... just for you SPs out there.

Can you dig it? Do you dare? -->

This refers to general love, both romantic and platonic. Answer as many or as few questions as you wish.

1. Define love in your own words.
    2. What does love feel like for you?
    3. How do you prefer to recieve love?
    4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved?
    5. How many people do you TRULY love?
    6. How long does it take for you to truly love someone?
    7. What causes you to love someone?
    8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it.
    9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate?
    10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open?

When I feel a connection and can be completely comfortable around them for me its something developed over time

I've only been in love with someone that doesn't love me in return so I can't say I'll have an unbiased answer, its hurts, it hurts a lot but hypothetically if we were together it would be like having my other half, pure bliss

Affection and a mental connection. Materialism etc isn't important

4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved?

I'm reserved, I show my love with my actions and hope you pick up on them, I show you with affection and body language, I will smile when you're around and be happy to talk to you for long lengths of time

Just one

A decent amount of time... can take up to a year... definitely months which unfortunately rules out a lot of candidates...

Not sure I know the answer to that one, I'll edit this if I think of it

8. Have you experienced unrequited love? If so, describe your feelings about it.

I have indeed, and describing my feelings on it isn't exactly my thing but they are there

9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate?

Very consistent

10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open?

It's not hard once I find the right person I'm quite open, at first I may seem guarded though

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Mine may come out sounding a bit bitter!! Will try to not skew it too much.

Well, its a feeling. Like your hearts jumping around and saying "yippity skippity!!" all the time. But at the same time just a feeling of peace and comfort and wanting the best for your partner(or friend or whatever.) and wanting to know the most about them that you can. This is pretty simplified but... It really is just a feeling, like any other feleing.
    See above.
    Spending time together. Lots of affection, someone listening and caring.
    4. How do you show your love? Is expressing it easy or difficult? Are you effusive or reserved? Difficult. I'm pretty reserved about it. Lots of hugs and just making sure I spend enough time with the person. I'm conservative with my words, though.
    Non-romantically? I don't know. My family is pretty big. Friend-wise I would say maybe 10 people. Romantically, 1.
    At least a year... I've expressed it before a year though.
    Not sure. Some kind of a mental connection mixed with spending enough time together mixed with some commonalities, mixed with quality of time spent, conversations had.
    Yes.. very very sad.. Tends to put me into a dreamy, quiet melancholy state.
    9. Are your feelings towards people consistant, or do you fluctate between love and hate? I'm pretty consistent. I get mad a lot, but don't usually change my general feelings for a person.
    10. Is it difficult for you to love people? Do you guard yourself, or are you open? Naturally quite guarded and find it difficult, but I am getting better. No reason to be afraid, cause its just a feeling!! Its not gonna kill ya!

I love love. Btw, I've never found in anyone true love (romantic love), so I'm answering strictly based on love as love is, and as it comes in my experience. I'm curious to know the answer of other ISFPs.

-- Ultimately, God is love.
    -- Desire to serve, sacrifice, comfort, please, cherish, nourish, be available to someone, be what that person needs, appreciate and be receptive of what the other person offers.
    -- Be genuinely appreciated. Receive whatever the person offers.
    -- Very difficult to show love. Not expressively affectionate, extremely reserved. I show love by carrying out the answers in #2. If I can't show love in those ways because the person finds it too emotional, I really don't have much other way to show love but to let them know they're always accepted and appreciated by me (I try doing this in their own love language).
    -- So so so many. So many.
    -- Different for each person. Usually, not that long -- most of the people around me are amazing.
    -- If there is in that person: sincerity, honesty, honest heart, desire for truth, pursuing truth, willingness to learn.
    -- Yes. It's odd.
    -- Quite consistent, mostly. But yes, there are definitely those that I love/hate. Mostly because I could see the source of what I hate in a person, and I know whatever happens happens for a reason.
    -- Very guarded and distant, outwardly. But inwardly, I can't help but love everyone most of the time (it's exhaustingly sweet). Of the boys that I've found myself to love, none of them have ever known. But of the girls, my love is usually expressed during 1on1 conversations or impossible times. On openness, I usually open slightly (or drastically) less than the other person.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Total acceptance of a person; their weaknesses and strengths.

Romantic love feels wonderful; physically, mentally and emotionally.
    Platonic love is fulfilling, nurturing, warm.
    The love I feel for my kids is fierce, protective, unconditional.

Being treated well .. being respectful and honest with me as well as spending time with me and being patient with me. And as I've said before .. I like to receive it in bed!

Same as I like to receive it .. by treating someone well and doing things for them as well as listening to their problems and concerns. It is hard to express .. I don't easily say "I love you". I'd rather show them somehow .. physically being the best avenue. .

One too many.

Months?

When they show their humanity, their flaws and vulnerabilities.

Yes on a couple of occasions. It feels good to truly love someone but after a while of not receiving it back it is crushing. It is hard to let go and takes a while to recover from. Such is life.

Once I've fallen, I can't get up.

I am guarded for the most part so yes, it is difficult for me to like, let alone love someone. I have let my guard down to only a few trusted people.

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post

This refers to general love, both romantic and platonic. Answer as many or as few questions as you wish.
    Are you curious about an SP you know, I wonder?

1. Define love in your own words. Admiration with tolerance/exception. I probably don't have the loveliest views on it.

2. What does love feel like for you? It's unsettling. lol An adrenaline rush. Getting flustered here and there. All part of the territory.

3. How do you prefer to recieve love? I really don't know.

LOL I'm gonna stop there, I won't be much help, but I hope you find what you're looking for.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Love breaks the chains
    Love aches for everyone of us
    Love takes the tears and the pain, and it turns it in-
    To the beauty that remains.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP

A sort of connection, and being completely at ease around them. It takes time..

I show it through my actions and the things I do, and being close with the person. I'm not good about showing it in public though. My displays of love are kept private.

Parents, sister, girlfriend. Other family members too, but not on that level.

Couple months, but there are exceptions.

A certain spark/connection, along with spending time together and getting closer..

No.

My feelings are consistent, even when i'm pissed off greatly at someone, I don't "no longer love them", and they know it.

Yes. But those that I let in, I'm very open with. There isn't much middle ground there..
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i really agree a lot with almost everything millerm277 said.

a deep connection, to me it is unexplainable, it is felt.

energizing! happy. maybe that is too simple, but it makes me happy.

just spending time together, washing the dishes or whatever. i don't like big showy displays of love.

well it is pretty easy when i love someone, but it is not effusive. i show it by doing things for the person, being with them. i like to kiss a lot, i like passionate kisses.

Maya (my girlfriend), my mother, my best friend. other good friends don't even come close. i guess that is harsh, but i don't love easily.

quite a while, many months, i have big time commitment issues to push through.

i just do. don't overthink it.

8. Have you experienced unrequited love?
    no

consistent

i am very guarded.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post

Love is when you accept the other person for who he/she is, along with his/her imperfections.

I feel comfortable around the people that I love...it's like I can always express myself towards them.

3. How do you prefer to receive love?

With a sincere heart

I'm a reserved person, so it's quite difficult for me to express love.

2..they're my bestfriends anyway.

After we had passed through the good times and the bad times...

When I feel comfortable towards him/her.

It was mostly infatuation...so imo, no.

9. Are your feelings towards people consistent, or do you fluctate between love and hate?

Depending on the situation, I alternate between the two.

Ever since I was a child, I am guarded in expressing love for people, even people that I'm really comfortable with...I just naturally tend to be reserved in expressing emotions in general...don't know why..I try..but I revert back to my old ways.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.