• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs: Do you dance well?

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you even like to dance? You guys are known for your physical grace, swift timing, and prowess in the sack ;), so I was wondering if it carried over to more "emotional" forms of movement.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can't imagine my ISTP friend dancing well. At all. :rofl1:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't try to kid myself... I am absolutely hopeless at dancing. I feel sooo awkward.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISTP male friend hates it.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
My ISTP friend dances better than I do.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISTP brother is great at it. He doesn't do it often though.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can do the worm, but thats about it. I take it when you say "emotional" forms of movement your not talking break dancing? That would be fun to learn.

phoenity

When I really get into music, I get this internal feeling of the music wanting my body to move with it. But thinking doesn't know how to translate this feeling into body movements, so it never comes out right.

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
LOL! Thanks, y'all pretty much confirmed what I've been gathering about my ISTP boyfriend. He loves music, but I think he moves to the beat only because he's supposed to. >__<

But what about more structured dances, like lindy hop? Are you telling me you couldn't become good at it?

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Do you even like to dance? You guys are known for your physical grace, swift timing, and prowess in the sack ;), so I was wondering if it carried over to more "emotional" forms of movement.

No. I hate it, and suck at it.

LOL! Thanks, y'all pretty much confirmed what I've been gathering about my ISTP boyfriend. He loves music, but I think he moves to the beat only because he's supposed to. >__<

Sounds about right.

But what about more structured dances, like lindy hop? Are you telling me you couldn't become good at it?

No. My coordination is utterly amazing in certain things, and utterly pathetic in others. Dancing is one are where I have NONE. My GF has tried to teach me, and given up. Also, for whatever reason, even if I'm doing it correctly/normally, dancing arouses a sort of extreme embarrassment reaction in me which makes me look for a way out as soon as possible.

ViCyniC

MBTI Type
ISTP
I used to be pretty good at techno dancing...whatever that was. This was when I was rather young and energetic. Now days I don't dance at all. I do love listening to certain types of music though (prog metal).