User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Wow, usually these kinds of questions get a mixed bag of answers, but it looks like we have a near-perfect consensus here.
    Haha, exactly what I was thinking.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Stellar Renegade, when are you posting the vid of you dancing?? Those photos make me want to jump right in and join the fun! They're fantastic!

^.........^

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    Haha, exactly what I was thinking.
    I don't think so, read my post on why I think it swung that way, I think it has little to do with them being ISTPs

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Nope, I don't think it has anything to do with it, I think its one of those things that cant be pinned down on a type except for perhaps the Se function but that doesn't make them more likely to do it just more likely to enjoy it

So think Se users are more likely to appreciate it but that doesn't mean they will go for the specific sensation of dancing
    That's true, I'm just talking about in general, SPs liking dancing because of our enjoyment of such things. Don't let your desire to not generalize overtake your good sense about different types of people and their natural inclinations.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Stellar Renegade, when are you posting the vid of you dancing?? Those photos make me want to jump right in and join the fun! They're fantastic!

^.........^
    Believe me, once you see the vid, your desire to join in will be increased tenfold.

But how soon the video is uploaded depends entirely on the girl in the blue dress.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Oh now doubt Se > sensations > dancing

But dancing is still very specific and not every Se user is going to choose it though a lot of Se users might be surprised at just how much they enjoy it if they give it a chance

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I never said that every "Se user" would choose it, my point was that it's possible it's the extroversion of the ESTP that causes us to be more likely to dance and do it well than our ISTP counterparts.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I never said that every "Se user" would choose it, my point was that it's possible it's the extroversion of the ESTP that causes us to be more likely to dance and do it well than our ISTP counterparts.
    I think the extrovertedness of an ESTP will cause them to try more things physically. I could almost consider myself a shy ESTP at times. Thats when my Se pulls through and the physical rush is all in good fun.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Yeah, ESTPs I know seem to dance well. I was never sure if it was type related or not until this thread. Now, it might not be universal, but I think the average ESTP might be a better dancer than the average ISTP... only because what Phoenity said kinda made sense to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    When I really get into music, I get this internal feeling of the music wanting my body to move with it. But thinking doesn't know how to translate this feeling into body movements, so it never comes out right.
    That might not be exactly what's going on, but close enough to how I feel. I can't translate that feeling into body movements! And also, I hate to admit this (And I'm sure I probably stand alone here), but I can be a little self conscious about physical activities I'm not good at. It didn't help that my ESTP best girl friend teased me about how I danced growing up. The way she described it: "You look like a log trying to bend." Ever since comments like that forever ago, I become a little more aware of people looking at me, and thus more self conscious, and less likely to let loose. Anyways, my point being, I think ESTPs care less about what people think of their dancing and just go with it. I normally could care less about what people think, but some how dancing is one exception.

....Now after sharing this highly embarrassing tid-bit, I'd appreciate if this was wiped from all of your memories.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Yeah, ESTPs I know seem to dance well. I was never sure if it was type related or not until this thread. Now, it might not be universal, but I think the average ESTP might be a better dancer than the average ISTP... only because what Phoenity said kinda made sense to me:

That might not be exactly what's going on, but close enough to how I feel. I can't translate that feeling into body movements! And also, I hate to admit this (And I'm sure I probably stand alone here), but I can be a little self conscious about physical activities I'm not good at. It didn't help that my ESTP best girl friend teased me about how I danced growing up. The way she described it: "You look like a log trying to bend." Ever since comments like that forever ago, I become a little more aware of people looking at me, and thus more self conscious, and less likely to let loose. Anyways, my point being, I think ESTPs care less about what people think of their dancing and just go with it. I normally could care less about what people think, but some how dancing is one exception.

....Now after sharing this highly embarrassing tid-bit, I'd appreciate if this was wiped from all of your memories.
    I feel the same way. I get very self concious when people make fun of how I look when I do things.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I hate social dancing and I'm terrible at it. I wish I could learn something more formalized like break dancing or contemporary or something because I enjoy watching it but I'm terrible at choreography. And uncoordinated. And self-conscious.

So glad it isn't everyone saying "ISTPs rock at dancing" which I was a little afraid of.
    -end of thread-