Enneagram
    9w8

hey guys, i am a terrible dancer too.
    i know several great ESTP dancers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wow, usually these kinds of questions get a mixed bag of answers, but it looks like we have a near-perfect consensus here. Maybe they should add it to the personalitypage.com ISTP Type Description page? "They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. But just as equally repelled by dancing."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    "They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. But just as equally repelled by dancing."
    well i actually love to dance in a private party setting, like at my home or a friend's home, but it is unconventional dancing if you can even call it that.
    it is real wild and raw, i guess.
    i think it is the conventions and structure of dance that i don't like, learning technique and specific movements. if i am going to dance (and i am going to) it is going to be in my own way.
    yeah, to be honest, when it is music i love and i am in good spirits, i get really caught up in dancing and go to town on that shit!

also, i do like motorcycles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wow, so interesting!!! So it looks like there may be a chance I can see an ISTP really letting it loose someday. I like the idea of that! It's verry sexy, in a 'loosen your tie and unbutton that collar' sort of way, particularly since you guys always seem under (your own) control.

I love to dance and frankly I'm amazed at some of the responses in this thread, we don't really have many expressions out of our mouths so dancing is perfect for expressing ourselves in a physical sense

I think its more likely not an ISTP thing rather a general "if you ask this question on the internet (even more so a typology forum) you will get a certain response" thing

But yeah dancing is a very specific thing, I wouldn't draw conclusions on ISTPs with this thread, you might find that a lot of INFPs online say that they aren't really into dancing but I know some in person that love it to bits

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

These girls certainly seem to think I'm amazing:

I love dancing, and am extremely good at it. I'm always dancing, too, whenever I get the chance.

In those pictures I was drunk but once I started getting into the flow of it I couldn't stop. They keep telling me I'm amazing every time they watch the video. Once it's uploaded I can link it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I love to dance and frankly I'm amazed at some of the responses in this thread
    You also once thought you were ESTP, you think that might have anything to do with it? You seem pretty close to being extroverted to me, too.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Maybe I am wrong but dancing looks more like a ESTP thing.
    even more an esfp thing.
    Se doms dance well and enjoy it, it seems.

although, my isfp friend loves dancing. so social inhibition might play a big part in why istps apparently suck at dancing.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    although, my isfp friend loves dancing. so social inhibition might play a big part in why istps apparently suck at dancing.
    my isfp girlfriend is an amazing dancer, really spectacular. her dance is salsa, she is just unbelievably good at salsa. she goes dancing with her cousin and i just watch, it would be futile for me to dance. i can do fine on a slow close dance, though.

also my isfp best friend is an amazing dancer, and loves to dance. and a lady magnet on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    You also once thought you were ESTP, you think that might have anything to do with it? You seem pretty close to being extroverted to me, too.
    Nope, I don't think it has anything to do with it, I think its one of those things that cant be pinned down on a type except for perhaps the Se function but that doesn't make them more likely to do it just more likely to enjoy it

So think Se users are more likely to appreciate it but that doesn't mean they will go for the specific sensation of dancing

MBTI
    STP

I love to dance and frankly I'm amazed at some of the responses in this thread, we don't really have many expressions out of our mouths so dancing is perfect for expressing ourselves in a physical sense

I think its more likely not an ISTP thing rather a general "if you ask this question on the internet (even more so a typology forum) you will get a certain response" thing

But yeah dancing is a very specific thing, I wouldn't draw conclusions on ISTPs with this thread, you might find that a lot of INFPs online say that they aren't really into dancing but I know some in person that love it to bits
    Im amazed at the responses also, I would love to learn because it is a physical way to express ourselves and I suck at it verbally and through facial expressions. I will admit that I dont know how, but I am always up to try anything.

Nope, I don't think it has anything to do with it, I think its one of those things that cant be pinned down on a type except for perhaps the Se function but that doesn't make them more likely to do it just more likely to enjoy it

So think Se users are more likely to appreciate it but that doesn't mean they will go for the specific sensation of dancing
    My cousin is ESTP and we are alot alike, I am just alot more reserved. My first response is to watch and his is to try. We are both playful, but not immature if that makes sense. He loves to dance, I wish I knew how.