Pretty much Atheist.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Fading Dead Star View Post
    When I grew up though and decided I should follow my own beliefs, I ultimately chose to be agnostic. There's too much evidence I've seen in the past to contradict the presence of the Christian God, though I am prepared to believe a God or some sort of higher power exists.

Today I have faith in people. Some people are great.

Agreed.

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

My religion is that of conspiracy, pseudo-realist-christianity, and an attention and general acceptance of eastern philosophies and shamanic traditions(though no pursuit here in) of the Americas. Oh, and I love fractals, this is a large part of why I have some sort of belief.

Mostly I guess it could all be described as additive,...

My beliefs came about slowly, from 12-13 I became staunch atheist from a christian upbringing(though we didn't go to church or anything), came across a book called Atheism: the case against God(liked it a lot[at the time])... I was at best a materialist(I was trying though, to from some sort of perspective, rationally understand[or rationalize my understanding])...
    From there I came across salvia divinorum out of curiosity for something psychedelic and legal(not because it was legal, because it was easy)... well, it's hard to really continue on the path of believing only what's in front of my eyes after that pleasantry(slow slide away from atheism begins here)...
    Further psychedelic usage(- interestingly, ending my salvia usage here and moving elsewhere) ensued of one nature or another(cliche, but I couldn't care less), and between listening to exceptional music and tripping nicely, what one could term as artifacts, occurred within the experiences that were of the utmost beauty and complexity. I came across fractals within these and more. Well, it made me think further on the subject of belief. (somewhere in here I looked into eastern religions and South American shamanic tradition). Somewhere in here I fell in love with the Fibonacci sequence and the visual representation there of.

I found this book called DMT: the spirit molocule - it made me wonder.

Then I came across The Grand Conspiracy, I wont bore you with details, but it made a lot of things make a lot more sense, and it oddly enough falls along the lines of Christianity.

My friends introduced that and Kent Hovind to me, an evangelical bible literalist. His thoughts were pleasant as well.

I looked into fractals and learned what they were and how the composed basically everything from a broad view. I learned how a lot of cultures used them, like how in Africa there are a great many villages composed in a fractal nature on purpose... and other stuff...

There's other spiritual hullabaloo in here, my believing our thoughts not being confined to our brains, that due to recursion and god being within and so too being without, coupled with a belief in the recursion and projection, that my very beliefs change the nature of my reality, and so it is that I willfully allowed myself to fall into this line of thinking, for my own betterment.
    Everyone is a case study.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

Born as Hindu, became atheist/agnostic/whateveryouwannacallit in my early 20's.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I don't really have any religious beliefs, I go about my life as if there is no god but I'm open to the possibility of it's existence.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ +1
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Zen Buddhism and Taoism I've had the most interest in. Why? Who the hell knows.
    hey wolfy, i have a big interest in zen buddhism too, and tibetan buddhism. i went to tibet and nepal for a while, to be exposed to it. i guess i have more experience with tibetan than zen.

i am not religious by a name, because i don't think i have the balls to call myself a buddhist.

MBTI
    ESxP

i identify as atheist

ive taken interest in certain religious concepts though
    but i cant really see myself getting so absorbed into any particular religion to ever become "pious" or anything. haha

also, i would probably be a poor adherent to any religion due to its many rules and regulations, so i guess id rather be perceived as an unabashed atheist rather than be constantly labeled a "heretic" or "blasphemous". lol

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I don't like religion. I respect people's views unless they...bum me out with their jargon. I may jump from agnostic to atheist, but whether Christianity (my initial religion) or any other religion is proven or not, I'll likely still have reserves. Maybe out of stubbornness. I guess I really don't like authority (for it's own sake, in my eyes), especially when I see a cause as unjust.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Usually when people ask a general question like this I don't know where to start. What do you want me to talk about specifically? There are too many aspects to my faith.

I guess I could just tell you my history.

I was raised Pentecostal and ended up having alot of spiritual/mystical experiences. Is that strange to hear about an ESTP? Well I think that life is just a huge paradox waiting to be unraveled. I'm a natural born spontaneous adventurous crazy m-f'er but because of the way I was raised I became very spiritually attuned and recessive for awhile.

I grew disatisfied with conventional religion and started really looking into things. The combination of a growing distaste for convention with a grounding in spiritual experiences, plus an understanding of original Christianity kept me in the same faith yet expanded my view of it entirely.

Now I have alot of radical beliefs and don't believe in rules so much as basic principles of life, moderation in everything, etc. On the one hand I believe that the best that could ever happen will happen, on the other hand I'm very skeptical about abstract speculations and hopes and look at spiritual matters from an experiential, interactive point of view. I often think, "I'll believe it when I see it or can grasp my hands around it."

I think that the spirit world is made up of what we would call physical energy, that there is no place for hierarchy in Christianity, that God will eventually save everyone, and that life is basically meant to be one big party.

Alot of this is based on my own personal journey, but I think pretty much everything I believe I've found to be believed by some other Christian or group of Christians somewhere, so I still have that tie.

I believe that the original set of Christians had it right and that because of this the words that they wrote and their creeds were true and inspired.

I also don't think doctrine is near as important as just loving your neighbor and living in a community of people who are experiencing God together. Beliefs are just a way of figuring out how to interact with the world and of opening one's viewpoint of God up to get more out of life.

Um, anything else? Like I said, I need specific questions. I'm getting lost trying to give generalities. I think there was something I was gonna say that I forgot and I'm not gonna be able to remember for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm a Christian, and have been for 14 years as of today.
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by wank View Post
    I found this book called DMT: the spirit molocule - it made me wonder.
    Great book.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]