• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs and ESTPs

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What are the similarities, what are the differences? Do ESTPs develop Ne just as ENTPs develop Se? Or is there no connection at all?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are the similarities, what are the differences? Do ESTPs develop Ne just as ENTPs develop Se? Or is there no connection at all?

My guess is below. Please note that I do not know any CONFIRMED/TESTED ENTPs in real life. I think a coworker of mine is ENTP. I have made several observations about the (wonderful) ENTPs on this forum, which is the basis of my barrage below:

---------------
ESTP vs ENTP:|
---------------
ESTP: More artsy and playful. :D

ENTP: More techie. Playful too but with a smart-ass streak. :yes:

ESTP + ENTP: Both have short attention spans, both have schemes running through heads, both stare thoughts of wasted potential due to super-high-speed brain activity.

ESTP: Seem to be more athletically obsessed, muscular mass, speed, hand/eye coordination.

ENTP: Many I've chatted with are great about nutrition, but not interested in food. Many I've chatted with exercise regularly, but it seems to be thrown into the mix, as opposed to an ESTP lifestyle fitness routine.

ESTP + ENTP: Both mischievous little trouble makers. :devil:

ESTP + ENTP: Both good at arguing, both seem to love arguing actually. :doh:

ESTP: Responds to threads with verbosity.
ENTP: Responds to same such thread with three words and says the same thing. ;)

ESTP + ENTP: Both social, both all over the place.

ESTP + ENTP: Both reckless when bored or when having feelings of despair. Both act out negative feelings.

OK, how'd I do? :cheese:

phoenity

My brother is ESTP and one of my best friends is ENTP. It's quite interesting to observe them interacting together.

They are both quick-witted smart-asses.

They are both very loud.

They both speak before they think.

They are both incredibly self-confident and strong-willed.

Really the only differences I see between them have to do with N/S, obviously. ESTP will think/talk about things related to the here and now. ENTP will start with something here and now, and Ne quickly goes way off into the future possibilities.

ESTP - doer
ENTP - thinker

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are both quick-witted smart-asses.

They are both very loud.

They both speak before they think.

They are both incredibly self-confident and strong-willed.

PRICELESS! Imagine what they could do if they chose to cooperate. It would be like two bulls trying to kill the same matador. :rofl1:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP/ESTP dynamic is insane. The beauty is that we are both aggressively alpha types who are not competing at the same thing, so it generally stays a harmonious relationship.

ESTPs are more forceful physically while we are more forceful mentally, in my experience.

Yes, we can meet in the middle and go head to head about a new product idea or have an awesome tennis match, but then we go back to our respective worlds and just exist next to each other, egging the other one on from the sidelines. It's kind of cool actually. It's an easy friendship.

And Halla, you're right, I don't care at all about food. It drives me nuts when someone wants to do something special for me and takes me to an expensive restaurant. It's a waste of your money and my time.

Qre:us

One of the most striking difference between Ne and Se when I see it between myself and my ESTP friend would be in trying new things, and the primary motivations to do so:

An ENTP will try it for the novelty of it. To satiate the mental curiosity and say, okay, that's off my list.
An ESTP will try it for the experience of it. To satiate the lived experience and say, okay, now I know how that feels.

ENTPs are more quick-witted, in the sense that they have more ready come-backs that makes better use of showing relevance of obscure, indirect things/associations.

ESTPs are more organic, it seems like they're an extension of the natural world in the way they move, flow, morph, in and out of it.

In my personal experience, my ESTP friend is way more risk-taking, reckless than me. It's because I get stunted thinking of future long-term repercussions of things, and the many ways shyte can fly, while my ESTP friend is more along the lines of, just do it!

My ESTP friend shows "SJ" tendencies way more than me. The Fe 'reads' a lot into people and their motivations, sometimes, negatively so, 'seeing things' that are not there, and, settling on that ONE conclusion, and working herself up due to it. While, I'll come back with a couple of possibilities of why X did what they did, whereas she will reach one line of logical rationalization, and add a bit of, 'they ought to have done that, they didn't, hence, x, y, z judgement'. While I'm always playing the devil's advocate, and going, 'But, what if this? Or that? Or that?' In this way, my ESTP friend is more "SJ" than me.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think I know any in real life. They would probably wear me out.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
An ENTP will try it for the novelty of it. To satiate the mental curiosity and say, okay, that's off my list.
An ESTP will try it for the experience of it. To satiate the lived experience and say, okay, now I know how that feels.

:yes: same result, different motivations.

My ESTP friend shows "SJ" tendencies way more than me. The Fe 'reads' a lot into people and their motivations, sometimes, negatively so, 'seeing things' that are not there, and, settling on that ONE conclusion, and working herself up due to it.

Oh my goodness, yes. I think my most often used phrase with ESTPs is "dude, stop jumping to conclusions..."

That, and "it's really hot in here, you should really take your shirt off". :smile:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my goodness, yes. I think my most often used phrase with ESTPs is "dude, stop jumping to conclusions..."

That, and "it's really hot in here, you should really take your shirt off". :smile:

Have you bugged my cellphone? :horor:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Man, has anyone else noticed how all EPs seem to have a very interesting relationship with their clothing? In that we're not very good at keeping it on?

My friend noticed that the EPs in our social circle just seem to be incapable of keeping their shirts/pants on while indoors on a hot day. Myself included (not wearing pants RIGHT NOW)

Qre:us

More like, "Um...do you, by chance, have a shirt lying about, you know, in case you may need to put one ON?!" :cheese:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, has anyone else noticed how all EPs seem to have a very interesting relationship with their clothing? In that we're not very good at keeping it on?

My friend noticed that the EPs in our social circle just seem to be incapable of keeping their shirts/pants on while indoors on a hot day. Myself included (not wearing pants RIGHT NOW)

OMG! So fooking guilty right now. I just went outside in my underwear, a cowboy hat, and my imitation Stat Trooper sunglasses to catch some rays and read over a book summary that will get me through a quiz today at 5:30 PM. BUSTED!!! :yes: :devil: :newwink: I walk around my house naked or in gym shorts only all the time. It's hot down here, my electric bill is already ridiculous. :whistling:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would be naked 24 hours a day if the law allowed it and I am rarely dressed in my own home.

Halla, I would pay to see a picture of you with the cowboy boots.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

OMG! So fooking guilty right now. I just went outside in my underwear, a cowboy hat, and my imitation Stat Trooper sunglasses to catch some rays and read over a book summary that will get me through a quiz today at 5:30 PM. BUSTED!!! :yes: :devil: :newwink: I walk around my house naked or in gym shorts only all the time. It's hot down here, my electric bill is already ridiculous. :whistling:

Haha. I walk outside in my underwear all the time. Like if I left something in my car or something. My INTP friend hates when I sit around in his house with my shirt off or just wearing a towel if I used his shower. He's like, "Dude! Put some fucking clothes on!"

Otherwise, when I'm at my own house is gym shorts and no shirt. I hate being hot. I especially hate when my twig and berries are hot.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I can tell

They both are loud.

ENTPs are mentally impulsive.

ESTPs are physically impulsive.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

lol!

The quintessential ESTP

[youtube=5ggF8h1cz_U]YouTube - The Naked Cowboy Interview[/youtube]

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I can tell

They both are loud.

ENTPs are mental impulsive.

ESTPs are physically impulsive.

I work with an ENTP, he will go over theory and I have a huge lack of knowledge about theory, but am able to tie his theories to what I do in real life and explain how I use it in a functional way, I just never realized it was a "Theory".

With my ESTP cousin we are very physcially active people. We will both take of running in a parking lot. For being 28 I can suprisingly keep up with him for short distances(he is 16 and in football). After short distances I loose the rhythm of what my feet are doing and slow down. I do better with constant change like running across boulders. At stores on of us will enevitable push the other into things and then it just goes down hill and he usually ends up on the floor :) Fun times.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol!

The quintessential ESTP

[youtube=5ggF8h1cz_U]YouTube - The Naked Cowboy Interview[/youtube]

What a trip! This dude makes me seem calm and reserved. I've been living with civilized people too long...time to go back where the wild things are! :happy:

Thank you posting that, it is truly entertaining, and even inspiring in a silly/crazy sort of way. That dude is the "self confidence" poster child.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What a trip! This dude makes me seem calm and reserved. I've been living with civilized people too long...time to go back where the wild things are! :happy:

Thank you posting that, it is truly entertaining, and even inspiring in a silly/crazy sort of way. That dude is the "self confidence" poster child.

haha yeah I like that dude too. And you're welcome.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

I'm CONSTANTLY on the lookout for opportunities to experience new things. But it's nothing to do with crossing things off a metaphorical list. I'm not an experience collector, per se. I do it, and knowingly, because I want - REALLY want and NEED - to understand the world and reality, and the more of it I see, the greater the sample of it I have to go on, the better my understanding becomes. The closer it gets to complete.

If I go to Italy it's not just to have my photo taken by the leaning tower of Pisa or the Colosseum and then go home and say I went there. It's because I want to totally absorb myself in Italy, immerse myself in it and try to understand it - everything about it. That's why I prefer to travel alone. I can't immerse myself in Italy if I've got an English nerk tagging along, whittering in my ear all the damned time in English about steak and chips! When I travel alone, I try to morph into a part of where I am. It works, too. It's how I guage my level of understanding, how successfully I can "infiltrate" it :D Like if I go into an attraction and the attendant gives me an audio guide switched to Italian after a queue of Germans, Americans and Brits have gone in before me. That's a mark for me of how my understanding's coming along: "he thought I was Italian, I've adapted".

This thinking is about as foreign to my ESTP friend as Italian itself! :laugh:

He wants to enjoy it. I don't just want but need to understand it. The strength of that need can't be overstated!