User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTPs and ESTPs

Post ENTPs and ESTPs

What are the similarities, what are the differences? Do ESTPs develop Ne just as ENTPs develop Se? Or is there no connection at all?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    What are the similarities, what are the differences? Do ESTPs develop Ne just as ENTPs develop Se? Or is there no connection at all?
    My guess is below. Please note that I do not know any CONFIRMED/TESTED ENTPs in real life. I think a coworker of mine is ENTP. I have made several observations about the (wonderful) ENTPs on this forum, which is the basis of my barrage below:

---------------
    ESTP vs ENTP:|
    ---------------
    ESTP: More artsy and playful.

ENTP: More techie. Playful too but with a smart-ass streak.

ESTP + ENTP: Both have short attention spans, both have schemes running through heads, both stare thoughts of wasted potential due to super-high-speed brain activity.

ESTP: Seem to be more athletically obsessed, muscular mass, speed, hand/eye coordination.

ENTP: Many I've chatted with are great about nutrition, but not interested in food. Many I've chatted with exercise regularly, but it seems to be thrown into the mix, as opposed to an ESTP lifestyle fitness routine.

ESTP + ENTP: Both mischievous little trouble makers.

ESTP + ENTP: Both good at arguing, both seem to love arguing actually.

ESTP: Responds to threads with verbosity.
    ENTP: Responds to same such thread with three words and says the same thing.

ESTP + ENTP: Both social, both all over the place.

ESTP + ENTP: Both reckless when bored or when having feelings of despair. Both act out negative feelings.

OK, how'd I do?

My brother is ESTP and one of my best friends is ENTP. It's quite interesting to observe them interacting together.

They are both quick-witted smart-asses.

They are both very loud.

They both speak before they think.

They are both incredibly self-confident and strong-willed.

Really the only differences I see between them have to do with N/S, obviously. ESTP will think/talk about things related to the here and now. ENTP will start with something here and now, and Ne quickly goes way off into the future possibilities.

ESTP - doer
    ENTP - thinker

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    They are both quick-witted smart-asses.

They are both very loud.

They both speak before they think.

They are both incredibly self-confident and strong-willed.
    PRICELESS! Imagine what they could do if they chose to cooperate. It would be like two bulls trying to kill the same matador.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

ENTP/ESTP dynamic is insane. The beauty is that we are both aggressively alpha types who are not competing at the same thing, so it generally stays a harmonious relationship.

ESTPs are more forceful physically while we are more forceful mentally, in my experience.

Yes, we can meet in the middle and go head to head about a new product idea or have an awesome tennis match, but then we go back to our respective worlds and just exist next to each other, egging the other one on from the sidelines. It's kind of cool actually. It's an easy friendship.

And Halla, you're right, I don't care at all about food. It drives me nuts when someone wants to do something special for me and takes me to an expensive restaurant. It's a waste of your money and my time.

One of the most striking difference between Ne and Se when I see it between myself and my ESTP friend would be in trying new things, and the primary motivations to do so:

An ENTP will try it for the novelty of it. To satiate the mental curiosity and say, okay, that's off my list.
    An ESTP will try it for the experience of it. To satiate the lived experience and say, okay, now I know how that feels.

ENTPs are more quick-witted, in the sense that they have more ready come-backs that makes better use of showing relevance of obscure, indirect things/associations.

ESTPs are more organic, it seems like they're an extension of the natural world in the way they move, flow, morph, in and out of it.

In my personal experience, my ESTP friend is way more risk-taking, reckless than me. It's because I get stunted thinking of future long-term repercussions of things, and the many ways shyte can fly, while my ESTP friend is more along the lines of, just do it!

My ESTP friend shows "SJ" tendencies way more than me. The Fe 'reads' a lot into people and their motivations, sometimes, negatively so, 'seeing things' that are not there, and, settling on that ONE conclusion, and working herself up due to it. While, I'll come back with a couple of possibilities of why X did what they did, whereas she will reach one line of logical rationalization, and add a bit of, 'they ought to have done that, they didn't, hence, x, y, z judgement'. While I'm always playing the devil's advocate, and going, 'But, what if this? Or that? Or that?' In this way, my ESTP friend is more "SJ" than me.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think I know any in real life. They would probably wear me out.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    An ENTP will try it for the novelty of it. To satiate the mental curiosity and say, okay, that's off my list.
    An ESTP will try it for the experience of it. To satiate the lived experience and say, okay, now I know how that feels.
    same result, different motivations.

My ESTP friend shows "SJ" tendencies way more than me. The Fe 'reads' a lot into people and their motivations, sometimes, negatively so, 'seeing things' that are not there, and, settling on that ONE conclusion, and working herself up due to it.
    Oh my goodness, yes. I think my most often used phrase with ESTPs is "dude, stop jumping to conclusions..."

That, and "it's really hot in here, you should really take your shirt off".

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes. I think my most often used phrase with ESTPs is "dude, stop jumping to conclusions..."

That, and "it's really hot in here, you should really take your shirt off".
    Have you bugged my cellphone? :horor:

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Man, has anyone else noticed how all EPs seem to have a very interesting relationship with their clothing? In that we're not very good at keeping it on?

My friend noticed that the EPs in our social circle just seem to be incapable of keeping their shirts/pants on while indoors on a hot day. Myself included (not wearing pants RIGHT NOW)
    Anger is also a feeling.