User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: ENTPs and ESTPs

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a friend/former coworker who is an ESTP of stereotypical proportions nearly He works in sales and is a very good salesman (as opposed to me- who was a sometimes good saleswoman, but got distracted way too easily and was more interested in the person's home than selling them something in the end- though I often got free books!) in fact, hearing him tell you good morning made you think in the back of the head "oh no! is he going to SELL me the morning?!"

His idea of a nice distraction was drinking a 40 and checking out the hot chicks walking by (and hitting on them!) I was more easily found drinking the 40 and reading a book or critiquing people walking by

The ESTP found the idea of hitting the dance floor to be fabulous, while I usually tried my best to avoid it

he gave the best motivating speeches, everyone would leave the room feeling like "I'm going to sell lots of stuff!" my past attempts at motivating people have tended to send them to the library- or bar

I get described as a nerd constantly, by accidentally saying really nerdy things in regular conversation without it even occurring to me that it doesn't really fit the conversation or the audience, while he's just called a dork for hitting on anything with tits and dancing in a horrible but enthusiastic way

Both of us are generally upbeat, generous, dreadfully obscene (we'd get in obscene joke or limerick contests on a regular basis) and high energy- I am just a lot more detached from reality than he is
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I agree with Tiny Army, we EPs have trouble keeping our clothes on. ESFPs are the worst, they take off EVERYTHING =P

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

ESTP: More artsy and playful.

ENTP: More techie. Playful too but with a smart-ass streak.

ESTP + ENTP: Both have short attention spans, both have schemes running through heads, both stare thoughts of wasted potential due to super-high-speed brain activity.
    Definitely.

ESTP: Seem to be more athletically obsessed, muscular mass, speed, hand/eye coordination.

ENTP: Many I've chatted with are great about nutrition, but not interested in food. Many I've chatted with exercise regularly, but it seems to be thrown into the mix, as opposed to an ESTP lifestyle fitness routine.
    Meh, I don't know. I know everything about nutrition (that also goes with my mother being a nutritionist), but I actually do care about food, if:
    1. It will make me sick (I'm incredibly picky, and have a sensitive stomach)
    2. It's of very low quality (Goes with 1)
    But that could be me, my mom taught me a lot about food and to appreciate culinary arts, even crave it. College food gets old really fast.

ESTP + ENTP: Both mischievous little trouble makers.

ESTP + ENTP: Both good at arguing, both seem to love arguing actually.

ESTP: Responds to threads with verbosity.
    ENTP: Responds to same such thread with three words and says the same thing.

ESTP + ENTP: Both social, both all over the place.

ESTP + ENTP: Both reckless when bored or when having feelings of despair. Both act out negative feelings.
    This is all very true as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I think the main difference is that an ENTP would stop and look around the intersection while the ESTP would run the red light and speed down the highway.

The ESTP would be blasting this loudly, while and ENTP would be blasting that loudly.

The ENTP would be driving this, and the ESTP would be driving that.

The ESTP license plate would be named "OMG ESTP," while the ENTP license plate would be named "LOL ENTP"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ENTPs have a bigger pness
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ENTPs have a bigger pness
    That joke just never grows old, does it?
    (removed)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's simple....

Entps are jokesters/pranksters... eg: half the guys on jackass

Estps are jocks/meatheads... eg: bodybuilders and sport addicts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, I know my xSTP ...special friend's...sister said he'd been working out and trying to get a tan since he was 6.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Um, I know my xSTP ...special friend's...sister said he'd been working out and trying to get a tan since he was 6.
    Incidentally this doesn't differ much from my own behavior starting around age 7 or 8 (I just stopped tanning when I realized at an older age it might make me prematurely old and ugly).

In all seriousness, I don't know if SP children are actually more physically inclined as small children and if SFPs are actually inclined more toward performing than, say, ENFPs.

Do you think there's really any basis for that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

My guess is below. Please note that I do not know any CONFIRMED/TESTED ENTPs in real life. I think a coworker of mine is ENTP. I have made several observations about the (wonderful) ENTPs on this forum, which is the basis of my barrage below:

---------------
    ESTP vs ENTP:|
    ---------------
    ESTP: More artsy and playful.

ENTP: More techie. Playful too but with a smart-ass streak.

ESTP + ENTP: Both have short attention spans, both have schemes running through heads, both stare thoughts of wasted potential due to super-high-speed brain activity.

ESTP: Seem to be more athletically obsessed, muscular mass, speed, hand/eye coordination.

ENTP: Many I've chatted with are great about nutrition, but not interested in food. Many I've chatted with exercise regularly, but it seems to be thrown into the mix, as opposed to an ESTP lifestyle fitness routine.

ESTP + ENTP: Both mischievous little trouble makers.

ESTP + ENTP: Both good at arguing, both seem to love arguing actually.

ESTP: Responds to threads with verbosity.
    ENTP: Responds to same such thread with three words and says the same thing.

ESTP + ENTP: Both social, both all over the place.

ESTP + ENTP: Both reckless when bored or when having feelings of despair. Both act out negative feelings.

OK, how'd I do?
    Nice!

The food thing..I approach it technically. It's fuel for the body. Except one cheat day a week, when I pretty much eat whatever I want.

When I've had feelings of despair I break down for as long as required to 'get it the hell out of my container', then I launch a salvo and attempt to topple all struggles and crush them. Realizing time will be more of a factor than I'd like, I suck it up. The only real downer in the whole process is, despite the general despair, is that I tend to sympathize with myself, others when I should be tending to my own responsibilities of health, and sometimes, God forbid, even those who have tried to harm me.

Are there any similarities in your experience?

"..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'