• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Hey ESFPs! Does this accurately describe you?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
- Their potential downfall is the tendency to live entirely for the present moment, and therefore to sometimes be unaware of the direction that their relationship is heading, or to be easily distracted from long-term commitments.

- Lifelong commitments may be a struggle for them - they take things one day at a time

- Always excited by something new, they may change partners frequently

- They take things on a day-by-day basis, and are uncomfortable thinking too much about the future, or making plans far in advance. For this reason, ESFPs are not natural long-term commitment people. They may feel tremendously committed on a day-by-day basis, but they do not naturally plan for their futures.

- This commitment issue is a potential pitfall for the ESFP. Many people of this type overcome this potential weakness, and become involved in truly satisfying, lifelong relationships. Others do not address this weakness, and move from relationship to relationship without forming real commitments, convincing themselves that this is what they truly want.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This description could apply to pretty much any P type in existence.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^AH AH, i don't agree. definitely not with ENFP and not with enneagram type 7, which ponder more about the future than live the factual present. ...which leads me to, [MENTION=6454]KarenParker[/MENTION], how's it to be a type 7 ESFP? that kinda confuses me, do you find any personal contradiction in the 2 things?

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
The 3rd one describes me as an ESTP, even though I've learned more about my attention span as I've gotten older and learned to be more in tune with sensing potential downfalls or one thing needlessly spilling into the other, like when I might get stuck doing something a to quote Spongebob's narrator One Eternity Later amount of time since sometimes I have messed up luck with that, and to take that into consideration and ask what I'm in for before being gullible and agreeing to things, but I DESPISE overly micromanaged activities because I find them to be very growth-sabotaging when it comes to intellect, creativity or opportunities to work as a team with others and collaborate ideas, I like structure and a degree of predictability, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, lol! I like to leave some room for change if possible since the unexpected is prone to happening and it gives more room to react and take action on the spur of the moment.

Cygnus

[MENTION=6454]KarenParker[/MENTION]

Something tells me you just read the ESFP description and made an avatar based on that alone and nothing else.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Their potential downfall is the tendency to live entirely for the present moment, and therefore to sometimes be unaware of the direction that their relationship is heading, or to be easily distracted from long-term commitments.

Yes though not true about the long terms commitments thing, if it's something I really want.

- Lifelong commitments may be a struggle for them - they take things one day at a time

One day at a time yes but see above as well

- Always excited by something new, they may change partners frequently

I don't seek or care about newness to this extreme

Well unless you mean sexually ahhahhah

- They take things on a day-by-day basis, and are uncomfortable thinking too much about the future, or making plans far in advance. For this reason, ESFPs are not natural long-term commitment people. They may feel tremendously committed on a day-by-day basis, but they do not naturally plan for their futures.

True, most of this. Not uncomfortable about making plans but I don't want to waste the present moment thinking too much about the future

- This commitment issue is a potential pitfall for the ESFP. Many people of this type overcome this potential weakness, and become involved in truly satisfying, lifelong relationships. Others do not address this weakness, and move from relationship to relationship without forming real commitments, convincing themselves that this is what they truly want.

I would say the pitfall for me is more like it's hard to find a commitment I do *want*. Once the motivation is there, it's fine.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah it seems to describe me, in fact it seems to be the only description that doesn't ooze all that mushy gushy feeler stereotype crybaby crap. I still think it is repetitive and fails to describe all aspects of an ESFP because it mostly focuses on commitments and the Se. It doesn't say anything about the Fi for what it is ( most descriptions do, but they make it sound incredibly girly).

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
^AH AH, i don't agree. definitely not with ENFP and not with enneagram type 7, which ponder more about the future than live the factual present. ...which leads me to, [MENTION=6454]KarenParker[/MENTION], how's it to be a type 7 ESFP? that kinda confuses me, do you find any personal contradiction in the 2 things?

I don't really relate to it either but I'm an ESFP 7 as well and like you am very future focused, despite being Se dominant. I don't see how it is a contradiction, though. The 7's primary motivations are more core to me than the ESFP's.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really relate to it either but I'm an ESFP 7 as well and like you am very future focused, despite being Se dominant. I don't see how it is a contradiction, though. The 7's primary motivations are more core to me than the ESFP's.

Hi again. I don't remember writing this (lol). Looking back, it's not very clear what I was talking about but I think I meant that I see Se as the function that focuses the most on the present experience, so I was asking how you can be in full Se mode and simultaneously be thinking about the future, since for me the thinking about the future part I associate with (my) Ne.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Hi again. I don't remember writing this (lol). Looking back, it's not very clear what I was talking about but I think I meant that I see Se as the function that focuses the most on the present experience, so I was asking how you can be in full Se mode and simultaneously be thinking about the future, since for me the thinking about the future part I associate with (my) Ne.

Thanks for the clarification, I do understand why you would think this. It makes sense. Se though may focus more on the present experience than Ne does, but it is not focused 100% on the present all the time. I'm also quite strong on Fi, Fi has a lot of the future focus too. IOW I'm not in full Se mode very often. I'm usually in a blend of the present and the future. That's why I'm an eternal optimist, always seeing a brighter future and something better than what there is.