User Tag List

First 123 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh I had lots of dreams when I was a kid. First, I wanted to be a ballet dancer, but my ankles were weak, so that was a no-go.

Then I wanted to be a famous Irish dancer, but I was too lazy, and that was in the 80s before it was really popular, so out went that idea.

After that, I wanted to master all the European languages before I died. Still working on that.

All my life, I dreamed of living in Germany. I'm doing that right now....

A lot of the time, I played 'teacher,' and now I am one....

Always wanted to be good at drawing, but I really stink at it....

With the arts/music, I'm just too perfectionistic and impatient to really be good at it. Though I have bursts of inspiration where I am not half-bad.

I don't know if this is what you mean....?

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    Sidewinder - good luck with guitar! you should definitely go for it, no matter how old you are or how little experience with guitar you have! when i started learning guitar i had this feeling of "it's too late for me..." but i am glad i went ahead and learned it, because it is never too late.

good luck with the art, too! drawing what you see is not easy at all, seriously, that is usually the biggest struggle for artists by far. it's very hard to draw what's actually there, and not your interpretation of it. stick with it, if you are learning that fast at life drawing i think it is a very good sign!
    anyway, i would totally love to see some of your art whenever you're ready to share it, seriously.
    Thanks very much for the inspiring thoughts! I sometimes take on too many hobbies at once and wind up dropping other things I was working on. I play guitar in bursts for a few weeks and then put it aside for a while. So I have to keep getting my finger calluses back all the time.

And, yes, I'll definitely post my art once I have a scanner, and something worth showing.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

NEED MORE INPUT
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I saw acting, running and photography. awesome ones. tried 'em

As a kid, oddly enough to me, I wanted to be what I called a "manufacturer." In my opinion it was "someone who fixed things like toasters..." I must've meant mechanic... *ahem* Fireman at one point, then I had a good stint with wanting to be a gemologist, or rock expert. I'm not practicing any of these presently. Never tried tools or fixing... hm.

But as for virtuosity, singing (check da name heh). Big time. Loved it since I was 6 or something. I get teeeerribly perfectionistic with it, but teachers/professors have had a love hate relationship with me 'cuz I'd be fussy about quality...but for good reason. lol good...good times... :steam:
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP

Well, I can't remember too many of my dreams from when I was younger, but...

My life-long passion has always been skiing. For me, it is a much more than a sport or hobby, and has been for as long as I can remember. It's a combination of relaxation, challenge, therapy, and some other things I can't really put into words. But, it has always been something that's really mattered to me, and when I was little, I saw those videos of "extreme skiing", and thought...."I want to be able to be like them, to be able to pick anywhere with snow to ski and have the ability to, even if there's cliffs, or I have to hike to get to it, or it's really steep".

Well, guess what? 13 years after I started skiing, I almost can, and it's exactly as enjoyable as I thought it would be when I was little, and I expect to do it for the rest of my life, and maybe even get an engineering job in a related field.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

When I was six I wanted to be the best drummer but I smacked a hole in them.

When I was ten I wanted to be number one at playground tennis. I came second. Later on I got in a fight with the guy who came first. I lost that too. Prick.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

Drums and tennis...they are my passions (at least inside my head). I have a drum kit at home, so I play/practice sporadically, but not enough to be as good as I daydream of being. I'll get there, though. And I hardly play tennis anymore, but I'll be damned if I don't play tennis regularly until old age. I'm going to join a tennis league at some point and do some major practicing/playing.

MBTI
    ISTP

I wanted to be a opera singer, a chess genius and later on a fashion designer. Used to make a lot of my own clothes from the age 11-16, learned how to sow by myself. I also wanted to be a martial arts expert and took karate for two years, I was quite good at it but the interest faded.
    I always enjoyed drawing and after some detours ended up working as a grapich designer,webdesigner and illustrator and still do. At the moment I am into writing, well see how it goes. Oh and I quite enjoy html, css, flash, asp etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Growing up in BC i always wanted to be a pro mountain biker. I almost religiously watched videos of the pros shredding some of the most technical freeride trails in the world that were conveniently located within driving distance of me on the north shore. I would find the location of the trails and ride them to the best of my ability, i did this for years and managed to make a bit of a name for myself locally and was even offered a sponsorship deal from a small local company. Unfortunately i had started to grow out of the sport when the deal was offered to me due to the large amount of injuries i recieved so i decided to turn it down and just ride for the fun of it when i felt like it. That wasn't too long ago and i still ride occasionally.

Also, at 17 i had decided it was my life's destiny to build show cars for a living so as soon as i finished high school i bought this old 1969 mustang as my project "show car" and got an apprenticeship with a local autobody shop and started sanding cars 8 hours a day. After six months, a hell of alot of dust and no progress on my mustang i decided it wasn't right for me. I sold the car and and quit, my lungs and wallet thanked me later for that one LOL.
    Modifying cars is still one of my passions and i still plan to build a show car in the future, probably when i'm retired with lots of time and money.