• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Unhealthy ISTP

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol good! enjoy it while it lasts. now stop trying to hit on all the "ISTP" boys and leave some for the others, haha!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol good! enjoy it while it lasts. now stop trying to hit on all the "ISTP" boys and leave some for the others, haha!

Look here woman, I think I speak for everyone when I say "Touch my boobies".

I'll get us back on track. *ahem*

Unhealthy ISTPs: vile evil malevolent vile hideous cunning godless vile undead freaks of nature!! Somebody *do* something. NOW! There has to be a spray! Or a little motel thing full of tasty ISTP bait that smells like the deer they slaughtered with THEIR OWN TEETH! They don't bleed either! They don't have blood! They have the assimilated souls of the unborn! I think I chased one out of my yard with a statue of St. Jerome (which melted in my hand!!).

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol fine pinky.

in regard to the OP, i think ISTPs generally get overly selfish, self centered, possibly mean, hurtful, become unnecessarily detached from the world and those around them and in a way also take it out on themselves. kind of like punishing themselves for being assholes, yet while continuing to be assholes heh. it's like watching the Hindenburg engulfed in flames and on its way to crashing onto the ground.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hey, you may not even be an ISTP poki, your permission is no good here lol besides, i was getting jealous of all of pinky's attention being bestowed towards "inglorious bastards" (should be a good movie) hahaha ;p

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure, but first I have to know: are they nice? ;)

They are the finest imports from France. 100% silk. And they record messages too.

lol fine pinky.

in regard to the OP, i think ISTPs generally get overly selfish, self centered, possibly mean, hurtful, become unnecessarily detached from the world and those around them and in a way also take it out on themselves. kind of like punishing themselves for being assholes, yet while continuing to be assholes heh. it's like watching the Hindenburg engulfed in flames and on its way to crashing onto the ground.

Great metaphor! o_O Fe is a violent taskmaster, no matter how far down the line it falls.

It's a good thing ISTPs aren't filled with hydrogen. But then when they crash, you get some pretty awesome half-scorched souvenirs.

Its all good:D Take it away, you have my permission :cheese:

How kind! *pockets the silverware*

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol fine pinky.

I dont match the mean part. I do become self centered and detached, not from the world but from the situation, from certain people. I try to detach and escape before I hit mean and asshole. For me it takes a whole lot for me to hit that stage. You really got to know me because I have similiar responses for different ways of dealing with problems. I can become detached and void without being unhealthy, its just how I have learned how to deal with what I need. I have always had that freedom to do what I want and I have tried my hardest to not have anyone take that freedom away.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
record... messages...? Are you a spy? :huh:

*shifty look* I got my double 0 rating from my stern verbal dealings with rambunctious feral kittens who climbed up on my grandmother's azalea bushes this weekend.

That'll learn 'em. Learn 'em good!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well if you're a spy then you're most def. shaggable. :cool:

*sleazy French akseent* Enchante! :newwink:

My ISTP friend Blue used to steal phone booths. Like WHOLE phone booths. Just for the heck of it. He gave me and our mutual ISFJ friend gray hairs. I can't remember how many times we told him his next adventure was going to involve an orange jumpsuit. He was hardly ever outwardly upset (he'd get frustrated sometimes, but usually it was a last straw moment for him) yet there was so many things bothering him. He didn't verbalize them much though. Hence, the "shenanigans". It was troubling how easy it was for him to steal or break into things (though that came in handy on a few occasions for me... *glances both ways nervously*).

phoenity

lol fine pinky.

Wow.

Yes, Fe operates very subconsciously. It's a boon and a bane.

phoenity

did you agree with what i've said?

Certainly - I can't deny it, but I can explain it.

I've been a selfish, self-centered, mean, hurtful, unnecessarily disconnected asshole most of my life.

The thing is, when I'm being that way, I don't see it as that, I'm just doing what I do. I don't recall even once in my life doing something with the intention of hurting someone else.

I just don't realize my ways until after they're already done, when I'm in my head introspecting, trying to understand why a situation happened the way it did.

Then it's always fuck me.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've been a selfish, self-centered, mean, hurtful, unnecessarily disconnected asshole most of my life.

The thing is, when I'm being that way, I don't see it as that, I'm just doing what I do. I don't recall even once in my life doing something with the intention of hurting someone else.

I just don't realize my ways until after they're already done, when I'm in my head introspecting, trying to understand why a situation happened the way it did.

I -just- made a post about that! Something along the lines of... I hate it when people misinterpret me and see a comment I say as hurtful, when I never really intended to hurt them... and then they throw back a comment that is intended to hurt me. So frustrating. I never intended to hurt anyone, I swear!

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6

:yes: You're good!

That's EXACTLY my problem too

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I am generally very aware of what I did right after I do it. Its just simple things where I make a logical honest comment based on what I see or saw that I wonder how it made the other person feel and at that point I see how it could have caused them hurt. Then I go on extra perceptive mode and see how they are responding and see what changed and see how what I said effected them.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I -just- made a post about that! Something along the lines of... I hate it when people misinterpret me and see a comment I say as hurtful, when I never really intended to hurt them... and then they throw back a comment that is intended to hurt me. So frustrating. I never intended to hurt anyone, I swear!

steph, i don't think the reason why people get the wrong idea here is your motive and intent. the problem here is the lack of awareness and attention it takes to note what you're doing or saying and how that is making the other person feel. they're seeing it as lack of consideration from your part in that regard. however, that doesn't justify others taking it out on you if you were simply unaware of it all. it's a miss-communication. how do you solve this problem? talk about it more openly :p sorry, there's no way of really going around it. you either address it or ignore it. if you address it there is the possibility of resolving the issue for good. if you ignore it, it might appear to be resolved temporarily, but it'll continue to happen over and over again...or either party will cut ties and end up leaving, hurt, annoyed, confused and possibly resentful.