User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 168

Thread: Unhealthy ISTP

  1. #21
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    At 33 he really has become a wonderful person, a good father, and still tries to get back together with me now and then. He has a very good soul, he just needed to be forced to grow up a bit.
    Ever want him back? I'm always curious about this with people who have children.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  2. #22
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    poki I's guess for you thinking is an all or none instant thing. For my istp, to have to dwell in depth on something abstract-especially felleing based was impossible.\

    Again, actions speak louder than words. I'd expect you would prefer to do something rather than talk or think about something for long periods of time.

    I think you are very caring so I wouldnt worry too much about being unhealthy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Ever want him back? I'm always curious about this with people who have children.
    haha, that's kinda funny.

    I have tried that a few times and end up not happy each time. We dated-meaning started hanging out and then he moved into my apartment-in high school. Got knocked up and had the baby about six months after graduation. He left when the little guy was three weeks old.

    Was moderately involved those first few years.

    When I decided to move to Michigan for grad school five years later, he begged, pleaded, wanted to be together and be a family. I really didnt think it was a good idea, was happy alone and independent, but felt like shit not giving my kid a good family life with his dad there.

    It was only about three years of misery there, then two okay years. Then we moved home, two more miserable years then I finally kicked his ass out after he did something that really hurt me-he never even understood what it was. Then I found out about kid number two.

    He has been a great dad since then with both kids. When I say misery-it isnt real misery, just not what being with someone should be. He never, ever knew me. You guys know me better than he does. We just live in different universes.

    I actually avoid the istp threads as I feel some guilt that I should make an effort to better understand him, adapt myself to his needs. Then I rebel, enjoy stretching my soul out in its nice comfy space where I can be who I really am, and run like hell smiling all the way.

    The kidelets seem okay by this and are heathly and happy and see lots of mom and dad, so no guilt there.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    poki I's guess for you thinking is an all or none instant thing. For my istp, to have to dwell in depth on something abstract-especially felleing based was impossible.\

    Again, actions speak louder than words. I'd expect you would prefer to do something rather than talk or think about something for long periods of time.

    I think you are very caring so I wouldnt worry too much about being unhealthy.
    I am actually very deep thinker and that is my problem at times. I take things beyond functional and get to far into abstract that it becomes pointless and I get lost and confused. I start relating everything and anything together, I lose track of what is true and what is internal logic in my head. I wonder if people are messing with me, basically I come up with so many different possibilities that I get confused. Everything makes sense, but I know there is only one answer. I no longer know what to believe what not to believe. For me its not that I would prefer action, but I need something to get me out of my head. I need to be brought into the world because the perception I have is not enough to come to an answer. Being dominant Ti I have a real hard time pulling myself out of my head because that is where I am the most comfortable and where my strength is.

    I came up with a quote yesterday from interacting with both an ENFJ and an ENFP.

    "In life when it feels like the world is crashing in on you, sometimes you need to be saved from yourself instead of being saved from the world. For when you are saved from yourself you can find the strength to take on the world."

  5. #25
    ..... Intricate Mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I am actually very deep thinker and that is my problem at times. I take things beyond functional and get to far into abstract that it becomes pointless and I get lost and confused. I start relating everything and anything together, I lose track of what is true and what is internal logic in my head. I wonder if people are messing with me, basically I come up with so many different possibilities that I get confused. Everything makes sense, but I know there is only one answer. I no longer know what to believe what not to believe. For me its not that I would prefer action, but I need something to get me out of my head. I need to be brought into the world because the perception I have is not enough to come to an answer. Being dominant Ti I have a real hard time pulling myself out of my head because that is where I am the most comfortable and where my strength is.
    No offense, but you just don't come across as an ISTP. Needing to be brought into the world from being in your head so much?! How is that characteristic of an ISTP? You also seem very verbose for an ISTP. Their writing style tends to be more terse and concise.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    No offense, but you just don't come across as an ISTP. Needing to be brought into the world from being in your head so much?! How is that characteristic of an ISTP? You also seem very verbose for an ISTP. Their writing style tends to be more terse and concise.
    No offense taken. When we let out what is from within we are letting out our internal sides. For an ISTP that would be Ti+Ni. Ni is abstract. With an ISTJ you are letting out Si+Fi which Si is very concise. My thoughts are very abstract but with Ni as a tertiary it can confuses me and I dont know how to handle that confusion.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Unhealthy doesnt always mean that you become hateful or mean to others or just think about yourself. When I become unhealhty I get bored, I dont know what to do, I wander around doing nothing. What I need is someone that I can do something for and make them happy. I need something for Fe to be able to grab ahold of and say lets do this for this person. I love doing things for other people, but I could careless if they know it was me. This is what I see as an inferior Fe. My sole reason is knowing that yes I can make someone else happy. I have even went so far as to hide the fact that it was me because at that point you realize that if what you did is really what makes them happy and it is not a facade they put on because it is you.

  8. #28
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    I've met some pretty spacey existential ISTPs before. Most likely a sign of high N dragging down reality.

    My ISTP best friend and I used to talk a blue streak for hours. Sometimes when I wasn't around he'd write me letters, and when he wasn't around I'd answer them. He was rather gregarious and easy-going, but in a submerged Fe way.

    Then again I've met ISTPs who feel "solid", like so grounded there's no room for the existential spaciness or small talk. It's all about sub categories really.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've met some pretty spacey existential ISTPs before. Most likely a sign of high N dragging down reality.
    You calling me spacey and existential? lol, being high on N sucks, I want to have fun damn it!!!!!!!

  10. #30
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You calling me spacey and existential? lol,
    I dunno, did you like it? If yes, then I am! hahhaha!

    Ah me, wacky subtypes...

    being high on N sucks
    You know, it kinda does. I know of a few examples of high N ISTPs, and the poor creatures seem endlessly antagonized by their Ni. I guess it had never occurred to me that the tertiary antagonism could work in reverse... what I mean is, my Se likes to apply itself helpfully in only a few very limited areas and the rest of the time, it's blowing smoke up my skirt with elaborate conspiracy "inputs" it THINKS it's getting from our environment. It helps me read people and put together a killer outfit, but it also gleefully lies to me like a hot villain boyfriend. My first two functions collapse, and my brain heats up with data I can't categorize or take apart.

    I (wrongly) assumed that N was way more immaterial and therefore less able to form itself into an agent of chaos, but I've revised my opinion on that.


    I want to have fun damn it!!!!!!!
    NEIN!!! No soup for you!

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTP Sites
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs and Rambling
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 09:40 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs... I have a question.
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP description for hiddenpsyche
    By meanlittlechimp in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
  5. [ISTP] Question for ISTPs on a painful/awkward issue...
    By anii in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO