2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

^my ISTP friend told me to call ppl dykes....dyke! lol

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by syckkz View Post
    You're good!

That's EXACTLY my problem too
    I see myself as harsh .... but i understand how people are feeling i cant feel with them as much.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    steph, i don't think the reason why people get the wrong idea here is your motive and intent. the problem here is the lack of awareness and attention it takes to note what you're doing or saying and how that is making the other person feel. they're seeing it as lack of consideration from your part in that regard. however, that doesn't justify others taking it out on you if you were simply unaware of it all. it's a miss-communication. how do you solve this problem? talk about it more openly :p sorry, there's no way of really going around it. you either address it or ignore it. if you address it there is the possibility of resolving the issue for good. if you ignore it, it might appear to be resolved temporarily, but it'll continue to happen over and over again...or either party will cut ties and end up leaving, hurt, annoyed, confused and possibly resentful.
    You're probably right. Over the years, my ENFP sister (through positive AND negative experiences) has taught me to be a little more careful about what I say. I've noticed that most people (Except some NFs... I think NFs and STPs have more miscommunication than some) tend to view me as considerate and understanding ... mostly based on my whole "treat others as I want to be treated" belief (It's pretty much the only thing that stops me from being unintentionally insensitive all the live long day). I -try- to be aware. I filter things through my head before I say them. People that know me have learned that I don't usually mean harm, and shrug off some of the comments that come out wrong. Phoenity hit the nail on the head when he said we don't always realize what we say is hurtful until after it is said, and almost always follow up by introspection. In more serious conversations, I've improved on this. I'm -very- particular with my words now. So now it's usually the everyday casual conversation that I mess up on.

Here's a fun example:
    (While at a Hooter's restaurant, I was joking that I should fill out an application because I was broke and for shits and giggles.... long story... alcohol was involved.... And I didn't go through with it because an ESFJ friend didn't let me. Hooray for ESFJs!)
    Me: "I'm just wearing a Tee-shirt though. I think I should be dressed a little sluttier or something. Hey, Rach (My sister), let me borrow your shirt for a sec...."
    [10 seconds of being stared at.]
    Me: "Aw, crap."

Just a disclaimer: I don't usually put my thought process into words! So if I spoke what my real thought process would be it would be more like "I'm just wearing a Tee-shirt though. I look kinda crumby. I think I should be dressed either more slutty, or at least a little more cute. Oh... Rach's shirt is cute.... Hey, Rach, let me borrow your shirt for a sec!"
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    You're probably right. Over the years, my ENFP sister (through positive AND negative experiences) has taught me to be a little more careful about what I say. I've noticed that most people (Except some NFs... I think NFs and STPs have more miscommunication than some) tend to view me as considerate and understanding ... mostly based on my whole "treat others as I want to be treated" belief (It's pretty much the only thing that stops me from being unintentionally insensitive all the live long day). I -try- to be aware. I filter things through my head before I say them. People that know me have learned that I don't usually mean harm, and shrug off some of the comments that come out wrong. Phoenity hit the nail on the head when he said we don't always realize what we say is hurtful until after it is said, and almost always follow up by introspection. In more serious conversations, I've improved on this. I'm -very- particular with my words now. So now it's usually the everyday casual conversation that I mess up on.

Here's a fun example:
    (While at a Hooter's restaurant, I was joking that I should fill out an application because I was broke and for shits and giggles.... long story... alcohol was involved.... And I didn't go through with it because an ESFJ friend didn't let me. Hooray for ESFJs!)
    Me: "I'm just wearing a Tee-shirt though. I think I should be dressed a little sluttier or something. Hey, Rach (My sister), let me borrow your shirt for a sec...."

Just a disclaimer: I don't usually put my thought process into words! So if I spoke what my real thought process would be it would be more like "I'm just wearing a Tee-shirt though. I look kinda crumby. I think I should be dressed either more slutty, or at least a little more cute. Oh... Rach's shirt is cute.... Hey, Rach, let me borrow your shirt for a sec!"
    very insightful but you should be dressing more slutty.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    very insightful but you should be dressing more slutty.
    I know. That would have prevented that little bit of miscommunication, huh? Jeez... why don't I think of these things?!
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

I know. That would have prevented that little bit of miscommunication, huh? Jeez... why don't I think of these things?!
    Because SPs are designed to make every spontaneous and fun even if it's unintentional it's unconscious.

Permabanned

Because SPs are designed to make every spontaneous and fun even if it's unintentional it's unconscious.
    everything*

MBTI
    IsTP

everything*
    The edit button is your friend!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    lol...ain't it true.

aw lol yeah, i'm sure your sis gave you the angry stare and was probably thinking "who are you calling slut, you slut?" well haha, um better not to get too drunk around emo people imo