User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

Default ISFPs: What do you think of xSTJs?

I'm an ISFP and the people who irritate me the very most are ESTJs and ISTJs.

What do the rest of you think of xSTJs?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

There are plenty of good ones but if there was an unhealthy type that I like the least they would be right up there. I think it's natural really.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP

I just discussed it with an INFJ friend. He thinks it's because they are so rigid and directly contradict our FP functions; he said they also can't think for themselves most of the time. They tend to be exceedingly judgmental, arrogant, and self-absorbed as well, in my opinion. ESTJs can be extremely manipulative as well, but they are much more capable of being empathetic than ISTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by kštzchen0812 View Post
    I just discussed it with an INFJ friend. He thinks it's because they are so rigid and directly contradict our FP functions; he said they also can't think for themselves most of the time. They tend to be exceedingly judgmental, arrogant, and self-absorbed as well, in my opinion. ESTJs can be extremely manipulative as well, but they are much more capable of being empathetic than ISTJs.
    Judgmental - Depends on your meaning of the word here, but if its how I think you are using it than no
    Arrogant - Not a characteristic that can be placed on an MBTI type
    Self-absorbed - Not a characteristic that can be placed on an MBTI type
    Extremely manipulative - Hmm I'm starting to see a pattern of blatant type bashing here

What did you expect? ISFPs to swarm into this thread to have a go at SJs? It's a well known fact that the artisan way and the guardian way are very very different but you need to learn how to embrace peoples differences and be constructive

Oh and just so you know around 20%+ of the population are xSTJs so in effect you are saying that ALL of these people are the above

Do I get along with xSTJs personally? Not generally no, but that doesn't mean they are arrogant or manipulative, some of them may be... and that something thats particularly hard to deal with if you are an SP but there are some bad ISFPs out there as well, you may of even met a bad ISFP but it was much easier for you to relate so the flaws were not as obvious

MBTI
    ISFP

Not exactly, I was merely weighing in on other ISFP's opinions. I noticed a trend with the 3 ISTJs (a former best friend, ex boyfriend, and my father) and 3 ESTJs (a friend, my grandmother, and a very close former teacher) I am close to or have been close to in the past. I did not open this thread to "bash" any types, just discussing how other ISFPs perceive them- I know their good sides as well as their bad ones.

MBTI
    ENFP

My close ESTJ friend is dating an ISFP. They can literally talk for HOURS about different things that seem totally trivial to me but hey, communication is communication. I would think it is a really good combo, especially since the ESTJ is the guy. Not sure how well it would work the other way around. The two of them just click.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Oh and just so you know around 20%+ of the population are xSTJs so in effect you are saying that ALL of these people are the above
    Bingo. Haha, you better learn to deal with us!!! Hahaha.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I think STJs will naturally want to impose on an SFPs freedom, and will have (what we perceive as) strict expectations of them and will naturally want to define/label them. There is nothing inherently wrong with any of these things but they are likely to bother ISFPs on some level.

"The people I tend to dislike are STJs" ? "I dislike all STJs". There is a clear difference.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESxP

can esfps respond??

ummm i havent really got a chance to know many XSTJ on a personal level(thought i can definitely smell them from a mile away). mainly because i havent really opened myself to them because im intimidated by strong personalities and i dislike having my every little action judged and/or controlled.

i will be cordial to them though because i do that with at least everyone.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by kštzchen0812 View Post
    I think you need to meet some more people and stop stereotyping.
    Things you might see as issues, arrogance for example, might just be them stating facts and stating them as facts or things that aren't to be argued with. It's not that they are arrogant or what not, it just that those are things set in stone. People are different. Not everyone is going to get along with everyone. It's just a part of life. I personally strive to get along with and please most people. Not because I feel that I necessarily have to fit in but because it's polite. We might only come across as that because we are stubborn. Everyone is bull-headed in their own way. In a way, it defines us. In a way, it defines you. Enjoy your feeling and your flexible life style, It's not necessarily bad, but a balance between both sides of the issue is best. In a way, your preference for lack of structure is a structure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Bingo. Haha, you better learn to deal with us!!! Hahaha.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by totallypsycho View Post
    can esfps respond??

ummm i havent really got a chance to know many XSTJ on a personal level(thought i can definitely smell them from a mile away). mainly because i havent really opened myself to them because im intimidated by strong personalities and i dislike having my every little action judged and/or controlled.

i will be cordial to them though because i do that with at least everyone.
    I think you need to meet some new people too. You judge everyone's actions just like everyone else, it's not possible to not make judgments. Some people like control. I like power. But power is simply influencing people and events. I can have power over my friends, I can have power over my family, I can have power of a lot of things. It doesn't mean that I have to have that power or use that control. STJ's like structure. That much is accurate, but I think people blow it out of proportion how much we/they like structure and why. Some of us like it because it makes us comfortable. Others like it because it helps them think, etc. There are many reasons. One reason why me might like structure is because we know what's expected, what needs to be done, how to act. There are many reasons. I think you might just need to take a step back and let the people define the types rather than let the types define the people. Typology is only a theories. Theories are only there because we think they might explain how things work. It doesn't mean they work that way. And in the case of people, everyone is unique.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."