• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Unhealthy ISFPs?

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I tried searching on the forums, but couldn't find anything. I'm curious, what does an unhealthy ISFP look like?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
what does an unhealthy ISFP look like?
michael-jackson-face.jpg

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
He was actually likely an ESFP pushed to be reclusive due to burnout.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I have an ISFP friend, I don't think he's particularly unhealthy beyond the normal ups and downs of being young. He used to completely cease communicating his thoughts, emotions, and needs, and leave those around him to deal with the aftermath without explaining what the problem was. He's since gotten much better about that, however he has also started taking a perverse pleasure in manipulating people (and boasts about his seductive powers...etc etc). Blegh. Normally he's really very sweet and genuinely enjoys meeting new people and learning new things but he does get rather carried away. I couldn't say if this is common "bad behavior" for ISFPs or if it is just immaturity (or for that matter if his actions are simply being colored negatively by my own values).

D

Dali

I believe the qualities of an unhealthy ISFP are well enumerated here.

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in ISFPs are due to their dominant Feeling function overshadowing the rest of their personality. When the dominant function of Introverted Feeling overshadows everything else, the ISFP can't use Extraverted Sensing to take in information in a truly objective fashion. In such cases, an ISFP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
* May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation
* May perceive criticism where none was intended
* May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
* May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
* May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
* May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
* May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
* May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
* May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
* May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
* May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
* May be oblivious to other people's need
* May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
* Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

He was actually likely an ESFP pushed to be reclusive due to burnout.

MJ had plenty of Se but he was clearly ALWAYS a Dom-Fi. Listen to interviews where people who knew him when he was younger speak about him. He was introverted and found solace from the world in his rich inner innocently child-like world.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
The unhealthy ISFPs I met were very passive, to the point of mumbling rather than talking and they didn't do much. They just sat around. They were very apathetic and didn't seem to even like anything. One had a vague interest in art and music but wasn't motivated to pursue that.

But it's hard to type unhealthy people, so maybe they weren't ISFP at all!

wolfy

awsm
The unhealthy ISFPs I met were very passive, to the point of mumbling rather than talking and they didn't do much. They just sat around. They were very apathetic and didn't seem to even like anything. One had a vague interest in art and music but wasn't motivated to pursue that.

But it's hard to type unhealthy people, so maybe they weren't ISFP at all!

That sounds about right. I once knew an unhealthy ISFP who lived on nothing but steak and cheese pies.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm pretty unhealthy.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
ESFPs don't "burn out", they "crash and burn" (see: Britney Spears)

Imagine one being pushed to perform, perform, perform constantly with no alone time from the time they were very, very young. It's a human necessity to have some alone time, some downtime. Maybe it's because no one's a pure extrovert, or maybe it's because we're all just human. Eventually that person's going to crack.

Maybe we can get some confirmation from ESFPs on this.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, that sounds tasty! :yes:

You're not living on nothing but steak and cheese pies, are you?

No, but you're right, that does sound pretty delicious. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
suffering from depression and social anxiety, outpourings of anger, obstinately opinionated, hypersensitive, selfish, rebellious or "eccentric", damn crazy

markscol

what you just described is borderline personality disorder. And, i only say this because the one ISFP i know quite well has it!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what you just described is borderline personality disorder. And, i only say this because the one ISFP i know quite well has it!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know an ISFP who has borderline personality disorder, too. However, it would be histrionic of me to put his photo here ;), so this will have to do instead...

eminem.jpg

I once thought he was an INFP. Then I came to my senses.:happy:

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm a very healthy person, very rarely get sick. I have hay fever all year round but that's an allergy.

I believe the qualities of an unhealthy ISFP are well enumerated here.

MJ had plenty of Se but he was clearly ALWAYS a Dom-Fi. Listen to interviews where people who knew him when he was younger speak about him. He was introverted and found solace from the world in his rich inner innocently child-like world.

I've seen this list before, I found it illuminating. Only now though I can properly point out the ones that don't apply to me.

* May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
* May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it

* May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
* Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

The first one I have 'grown out of'. I think I yelled indiscriminately and got angry when I was a kid but now I hold it all inside.

The group of 4 don't apply to me. I'm very open-minded, impressionable, and tuned in about my behaviour and other people. I think this is my weak Feeling attribute coming into play here, as these are more 'intuitive' needs.

PTP

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xNTP
I align mostly with the characteristics of an ISFP and I'm pretty sure I'm living an unhealthy lifestyle right now. Let me bold those which are true..

* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it (an ESTP big-mouth poured out this rude awakening)
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them (Need help with this..)

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think they can be pretty crafty about exploiting others for their own interpersonal gain. Particularly in close relationships.