MBTI
    xNTP

You're definitely right illume.

brainheart

May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
    May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation
    May perceive criticism where none was intended
    May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
    May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
    May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
    May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
    May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
    May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
    May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
    May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
    May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
    May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
    May be oblivious to other people's need
    May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
    May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
    Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

Yep, that pretty much covers it... extensively.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Wink

Since I'm balanced on the S/N and J/P scales, I sometimes get typed as an INFP, INFJ or an ISFJ, but I can definitely identify with some of the ISFP's weaknesses as well as their strengths.

Bold is what applies to me.

May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism (depends who the criticism is directed at, don't care so much if it's directed at me or someone I dislike, but I am sensitive to criticism directed towards my best friends or boyfriend)
    May be unable to see the opportunities inherent to a situation (this is definitely untrue as I can see the opportunities in almost every situation)
    May perceive criticism where none was intended (usually not true, I can take a joke )
    May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
    May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
    May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
    May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the ISFP, or disapproval of the ISFP
    May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
    Under great stress, may feel out of control and fearful, dwelling on the "dark side" of things

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    ESFPs don't "burn out", they "crash and burn" (see: Britney Spears)
    what abt Britney Spears? What crash and burn?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The ("unhealthy") ones I've known tend to be pretty passive aggressive, somewhat delusional (e.g., forever inventing personality traits for themselves that they see as desirable and then trying to make other people believe it), and very insecure. Some are emotionally manipulative, too.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Can we get real, here?
    Any of this could apply to any human being.

The future is for the unafraid.

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

well, it's not like being isfp is the illness. the problem is maladjustment, which anyone can struggle with. here are just tendencies of a struggling isfp, who is like any human being. in my opinion, anyway
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    I think they can be pretty crafty about exploiting others for their own interpersonal gain. Particularly in close relationships.
    My S.O. dated one before me, and she was like this. She sold crack. However, she got had pretty badly herself..... it seems that when people are exploiting others, they tend to be exploited themselves.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISFP

May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality (yeah, people always tell me, stop being in your own world, reality check pls !!)
    (occassionaly)
    May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it (how i can bold this, if i am not aware of this ? )
    May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view ( i wouldn't know , would i ? if this happens)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've actually never known an unhealthy ISFP. But theoretically, shouldn't an unhealthy ISFP be overcome by their inferior Te function? Which would mean being overbearing and unreasonably critical of the people around them, insisting other people are being irrational, being controlling and self-righteous.

The other aspect would be the tertiary Intuition which would cause fearfulness about the future and general pessimism.
    INTPish ENTP with sporadic INFP tendencies
    (also kind of indecisive)
    4w5