User Tag List

123 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Default Quick Spur-of-the-moment Action

Tell about a time where you did something in very little time either out of necessity or desire.

Recently my dad (yes, I do live with my fam right now) came up to me to wake me up to go to work (I had turned my alarm off earlier) and said, "You gonna get up?" so I immediately leaped off the top bunk where I was laying so he had to back up a couple paces, ran into the kitchen and started taking my pills since I only had a few minutes.

Just then I remembered my brother said I had to get a ride to work that night so I called my friend who was usually coming through at that time and told him I could be ready in five minutes. He said I had four, so I got ready in four minutes flat and ran down the stairs right in time.

I had to get dressed along with grabbing my badge, boxcutter and the millions of other pocketed items I carry, along with doing several other things. hahaha. Later my dad came to my work and said he had been ready to take me himself since they actually had the car. haha!

I'm sure I have many more examples of this, and this actually probably makes me look more lame than anything.

I mean, I've just revealed that I don't live on my own or have my own car.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Tell about a time where you did something in very little time either out of necessity or desire.

Recently my dad (yes, I do live with my fam right now) came up to me to wake me up to go to work (I had turned my alarm off earlier) and said, "You gonna get up?" so I immediately leaped off the top bunk where I was laying so he had to back up a couple paces, ran into the kitchen and started taking my pills since I only had a few minutes.

Just then I remembered my brother said I had to get a ride to work that night so I called my friend who was usually coming through at that time and told him I could be ready in five minutes. He said I had four, so I got ready in four minutes flat and ran down the stairs right in time.

I had to get dressed along with grabbing my badge, boxcutter and the millions of other pocketed items I carry, along with doing several other things. hahaha. Later my dad came to my work and said he had been ready to take me himself since they actually had the car. haha!
    Haha. Yes, that's pretty good. But I usually don't encounter that situation, because I know have a tendency to be lazy in the mornings, so on the previous night... I take a shower, arrange everything I need to put in my pockets in a predictable position, and lay out my clothes in a position where I can get into them in less than two minutes. On the half of days I actually get up on time, I can have breakfast and listen to music to get myself psyched up. On the other half, I end up being dressed and out the door with a cola in hand before I'm even fully awake.

Let's see, though. There was this one situation where the cafeteria lines in school were really long, and by the time you got your food, it was almost time to go back to class. Well, in my case, I had a 16 oz. coke I hadn't touched, and the bell rang. So, not wanting to waste the coke and face caffeine withdrawal... I twisted the cap off, and drank the whole thing without really stopping to breathe. At some point during the drinking, the boys sitting next to me starting chanting, "Go, go," and congratulated me, and I couldn't figure out what was so impressive about drinking a coke fast when I was in a hurry to get to class. I noticed that I had a severe ice cream headache and was somewhat nauseous when I was done, but that was temporary, and paled in comparison to the kind of caffeine withdrawal I would have faced if I hadn't done it.

I later found out that I had done something called "chugalugging," and apparently it was considered to be challenging for some reason. People thought I was "cool" for the rest of the year after that. It was weird, and had unintended consequences.
    I'm sure I have many more examples of this, and this actually probably makes me look more lame than anything.

I mean, I've just revealed that I don't live on my own or have my own car.
    You too? Don't feel too bad, I have the same problem. I'm working on getting a job, though, so I can live somewhere on my own, even if it's not a very nice place. Unfortunately no one seems interested in hiring me.

MBTI
    ESTP

hahahaha... that's hilarious. Unintentional popularity rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Haha. Yes, that's pretty good. But I usually don't encounter that situation, because I know have a tendency to be lazy in the mornings, so on the previous night... I take a shower, arrange everything I need to put in my pockets in a predictable position, and lay out my clothes in a position where I can get into them in less than two minutes. On the half of days I actually get up on time, I can have breakfast and listen to music to get myself psyched up. On the other half, I end up being dressed and out the door with a cola in hand before I'm even fully awake.
    Man, they were telling me to do that in middle school, and I still never developed that habit... haha.

Actually, it's not as lame as it sounds either, cuz the main reason I'm still living with the 'rents is to help them out and not vice versa. I was making 2k each month last summer but couldn't buy a car cuz I was funneling funds for the household (my dad had an episode and didn't work for a bit). I'm moving to Seattle in a couple months, though, as long as all goes well.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

hahahaha... that's hilarious. Unintentional popularity rocks!
    Yep. It probably would have gotten better if I hadn't pretty much been forced to switch high schools each year (once was actually due to a zoning change or something). I spent my freshman year at one high school, sophomore year in another, and my junior and senior year at a third one.

Actually, it's not as lame as it sounds either, cuz the main reason I'm still living with the 'rents is to help them out and not vice versa. I was making 2k each month last summer but couldn't buy a car cuz I was funneling funds for the household (my dad had an episode and didn't work for a bit). I'm moving to Seattle in a couple months, though, as long as all goes well.
    Wow. That's definitely not lame. Very responsible of you to help out your parents... because you don't technically have to, though it's the right thing. Mine really IS as lame as it sounds, though. I've never had a job, and I was too scared to learn how to drive.

In fact, I'm looking for a job right now. Can't figure out how to get someone to hire me (or even interview me for that matter) with no experience, no references, and a high school diploma, but I'm trying.

MBTI
    ESTP

Yep. It probably would have gotten better if I hadn't pretty much been forced to switch high schools each year (once was actually due to a zoning change or something). I spent my freshman year at one high school, sophomore year in another, and my junior and senior year at a third one.
    I just found out the other day how many high schools my best friend went to. I don't think we actually counted them, but I'm pretty sure it's more than how many schools I went to total, which was 7.

Wow. That's definitely not lame. Very responsible of you to help out your parents... because you don't technically have to, though it's the right thing. Mine really IS as lame as it sounds, though. I've never had a job, and I was too scared to learn how to drive.
    Well, don't like to see people I'm close to suffer.

I was never scared to drive, just a big procrastinator. I tend to see each day as a different animal and get lost in the moment. I have a hard time stepping back and seeing weeks or months at a time.

In fact, I'm looking for a job right now. Can't figure out how to get someone to hire me (or even interview me for that matter) with no experience, no references, and a high school diploma, but I'm trying.
    Oh, I'm sure it's not that hard. Just get something simple for now, some places will snatch anybody up, and work your way up from there. I eventually became a keyholder (low-ranking manager) that way though I never even intended to. Who knows what I might accomplish when I put my mind to it!
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFJ

I woke up one morning when the children were young (guessing about 4 and 2 yrs old), got them up and gave them their breakfast whilst i was looking online at train times as i wanted to go to the seaside. We were out the house in about 30 mins and we had a great day by the sea.

Love those moments.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP

Yes, I love random adventures. Funny, I do like to plan a little beforehand what I'm going to do or else I feel almost caught up in a stream-of-consciousness mode of doing things, although that can be fun, too. But I definitely keep my options as to how I'm going to go through with it completely open.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, driving down to north carolina with a few hippies..

I was on vacation in college, my friend invited me to NC.. she said.. "we're headed out tomorrow.." so of course I say no.. I had only about 200 dollars plus a credit card.. The next day I figure I love it down there, its late December, it will be so nice with the weather. So I call her up and say.. "hey where are ya?" they were on the road already but only a half hour away... Turned the tiny car around, said there wasn't a lot of space.. I asked when they were coming back and they said they didn't know. Oh well. I packed a LL Bean backpack and off I was for eight days for concerts and the best time of my life!

(I have a few little stories like this .. but.. I think this was my favorite..)

MBTI
    ESTP

Well, I was actually talking about an opportunity or need that required moving fast to close in on something within a few scant moments that you performed successfully. I guess in a sense your trip fell into that category, but not quite what I was thinking about.

That's cool, though, cuz it gives me a chance to show off, too. Here's what I said in your what-do-SPs-think-about thread:

Also, I like to live so moment-by-moment I tend to freak others out. I'm sure on my trip to Austin recently I would've freaked any self-respecting Guardian travelling with me out by the way I walked so close to the edge.

Here's how my trip went:

A couple months back I had decided I wanted to go see my favorite band down in Austin, esp. since they were playing on my day off, so I scheduled another day off, which is the only thing I did ahead of time at all.

I didn't buy any train tickets, which was good since I happened to have a friend who was touring all the shows in Texas and he was coming up to Dallas first and I kept not getting an answer from him but finally did a couple days before, and I rode with him. I also didn't know for sure who I was staying with until a couple days before, either.

I get there and end up staying all day in my friends' house alone, took a nap (my sleep schedule is geared for night shift) and when one of the guys got home he asked me how long I was staying with somewhat of a grimace on his face, so I told him I could leave the next morning (still hadn't bought a return train ticket, haha). The other friend got home and invited me to stay another day, which was good because we got to party with some girls we had met at the show that first night.

I bought the return ticket and left the next day, when I was almost home I texted my brother and asked him to look up bus schedules since I forgot to. I caught the right buses and made it safely home.

I'm not sure anyone else but an SP would have been comfortable doing that, but that's definitely the way I prefer it. hahahaha...

I told someone on another forum that if I could just decide to go to college the day before classes start I would totally do that.
    ...not to mention that most of what I did during that trip was completely spontaneous, including leaping on stage to dance with the band. hahaha.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, I was actually talking about an opportunity or need that required moving fast to close in on something within a few scant moments that you performed successfully. I guess in a sense your trip fell into that category, but not quite what I was thinking about.

That's cool, though, cuz it gives me a chance to show off, too. Here's what I said in your what-do-SPs-think-about thread:

...not to mention that most of what I did during that trip was completely spontaneous, including leaping on stage to dance with the band. hahaha.
    wow cool....

oh ya mean like giving the heimlich or something??
    i've done that before too.