User Tag List

First 123 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I realized after I posted that, that it wanes in comparison to the spontaneity of your trip. haha. I would totally have done that too, though.

In fact, I think alot of people probably would've done what I did. Although they're probably all SPs. haha. oh well.

Anyway, yeah. The heimlich is a good example.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

I once did three weeks worth of washing in a day.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I once did three weeks worth of washing in a day.
    i have done several weeks worth of cooking in a day. and then i just froze it and reheated my meals for a few weeks.

a do a lot of spontaneous stuff. i moved to new york city spontaneously (from LA), with no job or home lined up beforehand, and a few days of forethought. i left all my furniture behind.
    when i was in the fire department there was a lot of the "quick action" you guys are talking about. no time to think, you just have to act.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I ate an entire king sized bag of fritos. Because I could. I mean, I started eating them because I was hungry, but I coulda stopped like halfway and been plenty full, but I was eating them so fast that I suddenly realized when I was like 3/4 done "hey, I am eating the HELL outta these fritos!" So at that point I'm thinking "i can finish this sucker. Rawwwwwrrrrr!" So I did. And yeah I got a tummy ache, yeah I felt like I was gonna puke a bit, but it was worth it, because dammit, Fritos! Rawrrrrrrrrr!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP

Oh, you should see me eat. I eat way too incredibly fast. People have remarked that they turn their heads for a second and when they look back my food is gone. And I eat alot, too. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    a do a lot of spontaneous stuff. i moved to new york city spontaneously (from LA), with no job or home lined up beforehand, and a few days of forethought. i left all my furniture behind.
    This is similar to what I did when I went to WA. An internet friend decided I would make a great camp counselor, and I figured that would help me out of my rut so a couple months later I went up, not knowing if I would stay or not. My dad said he was regarding it as my moving out, basically.

Long story short, I finally decided by the end of the summer I would stay in WA because I had fallen in love with it and I bought a car from the cook's assistant with most of my earnings. I was going to live in it until I got a job and enough money to get a place. Unfortunately it broke down and I ended up leaving it on the side of the road. I thought about camping out in the woods until I had more options, but the camp director let me stay in return for washing dishes. Finally he forced me to leave, and I lived with the family of another internet friend in Seattle for a couple more months before finally just returning home. haha.

I'm moving back to Seattle this fall with a better plan this time. And actually letting people know my plans beforehand. I got a few people upset last time because they didn't know I was thinking about staying. hah

when i was in the fire department there was a lot of the "quick action" you guys are talking about. no time to think, you just have to act.
    Nice. I think being a firefighter would probably be an amazing job.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Now that's the kind of thing I'd fantasize about doing, but not the kind of thing I'd actually be crazy enough to do. Mostly because I'm afraid of finding out that the new place has all the same limitations and problems as the place I left, and nothing will have improved or opened up in the new situation. If I don't try, I can always imagine that there's a place I could go to find more opportunities. Lame, I know, but that's how my mind works a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I ate an entire king sized bag of fritos. Because I could. I mean, I started eating them because I was hungry, but I coulda stopped like halfway and been plenty full, but I was eating them so fast that I suddenly realized when I was like 3/4 done "hey, I am eating the HELL outta these fritos!" So at that point I'm thinking "i can finish this sucker. Rawwwwwrrrrr!" So I did. And yeah I got a tummy ache, yeah I felt like I was gonna puke a bit, but it was worth it, because dammit, Fritos! Rawrrrrrrrrr!
    I know what you mean, except I don't really do this consciously or view it as an achievement.

Sometimes I eat an entire bag of chips without realizing I've eaten them. Mostly it's when I'm really into something, and focused to the point that I don't concentrate on eating. Basically Ni tells Se, "Hey, I'm too busy to worry about lunch today, will you take care of it for me?" Se goes, "Okay, I'll grab something... let's see, what will take the least preparation? Oh, look, a bag of chips. That should fix it for now." Then, several hours later, during dinner, I happen to ask, "Why aren't we having chips with these burgers? Didn't we get some earlier?" And then someone has to tell me, "You ate them all." and then I look over at the bag and go "Oh, yeah... I guess I did."

Basically, SPs probably define Se as "what makes life worth living," while I define it as "the reason my diets fail eventually."

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Oh, you should see me eat. I eat way too incredibly fast. People have remarked that they turn their heads for a second and when they look back my food is gone. And I eat alot, too. haha.
    Yeah, I do that too (except I usually don't eat a lot). I never understood eating food slowly, it seems like a waste of time.

This is similar to what I did when I went to WA. An internet friend decided I would make a great camp counselor, and I figured that would help me out of my rut so a couple months later I went up, not knowing if I would stay or not. My dad said he was regarding it as my moving out, basically.

Long story short, I finally decided by the end of the summer I would stay in WA because I had fallen in love with it and I bought a car from the cook's assistant with most of my earnings. I was going to live in it until I got a job and enough money to get a place. Unfortunately it broke down and I ended up leaving it on the side of the road. I thought about camping out in the woods until I had more options, but the camp director let me stay in return for washing dishes. Finally he forced me to leave, and I lived with the family of another internet friend in Seattle for a couple more months before finally just returning home. haha.

I'm moving back to Seattle this fall with a better plan this time. And actually letting people know my plans beforehand. I got a few people upset last time because they didn't know I was thinking about staying. hah
    That's interesting that you managed to use connections to Internet friends to set up a situation for yourself away from home. Sigh... I guess this is why SPs don't bother with fantasies. They don't need them, because they can actually get most of what they want out of real life.

Does it ever bother you that people want to know your plans? I always feel a bit offended when people want to know that... I never want to tell them, because I feel like I'm giving up control when I do that. I tend to feel like what I'm planning is no one else's business unless it affects them directly. Having to tell people what I'm doing ahead of time just makes me not want to do anything at all. Unfortunately, I rarely do anything without telling people, so I end up doing as little as possible because I really, really hate telling people what I'm planning. To the point that I'd rather do nothing than have to tell people what I want to do. It's so... invasive. Do you know what I mean?

The worst part of it is, they always throw worst-case scenarios at me, and demand sound reasoning and detailed plans. Which I'm never able to provide, and then they say things that scare me. They always tell me that my plans are too vague. Which pretty much breaks my trust in myself to the point that I never follow my own plans.

I always end up thinking to myself at this point, "What is it with people who want you to plan out details rather than just an outline? For all I know, X could happen and I'd have to do Y, or Z could happen and I'd have to do A. I can only prepare for most of the possible ways the situation might unfold based on my goals, I won't know the details until I get there. Are people insane? Do they expect me to be psychic and commit to several details about a future situation being correct that I have no direct control over, and inform them of every little thing that deviates from them? That doesn't make any sense, it's pointless. I think they just don't want me to do anything, so I guess I won't do anything."

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, I do that too (except I usually don't eat a lot). I never understood eating food slowly, it seems like a waste of time.
    It is. People have asked me if I want to actually enjoy my food and I say, "This is how I enjoy my food." haha.

That's interesting that you managed to use connections to Internet friends to set up a situation for yourself away from home. Sigh... I guess this is why SPs don't bother with fantasies. They don't need them, because they can actually get most of what they want out of real life.
    Yeah, and couple that with the fact that every job I've had until this one has been acquired by the help of someone from the inside. Of course I'm working for the same company I worked for 6 years ago.

Does it ever bother you that people want to know your plans? I always feel a bit offended when people want to know that... I never want to tell them, because I feel like I'm giving up control when I do that. I tend to feel like what I'm planning is no one else's business unless it affects them directly. Having to tell people what I'm doing ahead of time just makes me not want to do anything at all. Unfortunately, I rarely do anything without telling people, so I end up doing as little as possible because I really, really hate telling people what I'm planning. To the point that I'd rather do nothing than have to tell people what I want to do. It's so... invasive. Do you know what I mean?
    No... the only thing that annoys me about people asking me what I'm going to do is that I'm often not sure. I like to keep my options open for as long as possible. I don't mind people asking, though, I'll usually tell them what my tentative plans are or maybe just give them some BS or distract them with something that doesn't answer their question overall.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It is. People have asked me if I want to actually enjoy my food and I say, "This is how I enjoy my food." haha.
    Yep. I usually just look confused and say, "I did enjoy it." More often, it just leads to me not wanting to eat in front of the people who don't like it when you eat fast.
    Yeah, and couple that with the fact that every job I've had until this one has been acquired by the help of someone from the inside. Of course I'm working for the same company I worked for 6 years ago.
    Ah, yes, that is the trick, isn't it? I KNEW that was probably how people found jobs. Yes, knowing someone on the inside of a company that wants to help you is a good thing to know, indeed.
    No... the only thing that annoys me about people asking me what I'm going to do is that I'm often not sure. I like to keep my options open for as long as possible. I don't mind people asking, though, I'll usually tell them what my tentative plans are or maybe just give them some BS or distract them with something that doesn't answer their question overall.
    Hehe. Sounds like you are a little uncomfortable with the precise thing they asked for, you just evade it in a way that lets you get further along with it. Basically, you just deal with the question (rather than the answer) in an expedient manner and move on. That actually sounds like an interesting approach...

I know what you mean, though. I'm usually not sure of exactly what I'm going to do, I'm only sure of why I'm going to do it. Basically, I know what my goal is, and I don't like committing to a specific course of action when there's a chance something could come up that would get me closer to my goal more easily or in a better way than the original plan. The problem is that most people (or at least ISTJs) won't take a vaguely defined goal with an explanation of the contingencies and alternatives that have been considered as a plan (even though that works for me).

MBTI
    ESTP

Yep, that's why I skirt around the question as much as possible. It's not most peoples' business, therefore I don't have to endure their annoying lectures.

You don't have to know someone to get a job, it's just a really good way and something that happened to click for me. Confidence is probably the number one thing you need when trying to impress employers. It will more than likely get you in the door quick. The rest can be BS'd for the most part.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yep, that's why I skirt around the question as much as possible. It's not most peoples' business, therefore I don't have to endure their annoying lectures.

You don't have to know someone to get a job, it's just a really good way and something that happened to click for me. Confidence is probably the number one thing you need when trying to impress employers. It will more than likely get you in the door quick. The rest can be BS'd for the most part.
    That makes sense, too. I guess I meant it was an understandable way, and I can imagine more people (particularly less confident ones) getting jobs that way than most other ways.

Confidence... yeah, that must be what they expect. They just push past all the stuff they say, and make them deal with the point of the situation... what you've got to offer, and what they need. I can imagine people getting jobs that way, too. That's probably how the people that get employed through interviews, get employed.