• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What is a SP home like?

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I guess there are two aspects to this question ... How does your current living space reflect your SP temperament, and how have you adapted your home or apartment to fit your needs? Also, if you could improve things (say with a little more ... or a lot more! ... money or space), how might you change things?

This has been inspired by my vague thoughts about home renovations. I'm having trouble making up my mind what I want (no surprise there).

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Maya and i live in a trailer right now, but we are currently in the process of taking everything out and getting rid of a ton of stuff, so that we can move in to a motorhome we bought. then we will get rid of the trailer, and just live in the motorhome.

we bought an old Winnebago, and our friend Santiago has rebuilt the engine. i installed new cabinets and plumbing, and made some built-in bookcases. anyway, we have really fixed it up pretty nice and personalized. i am pretty excited about moving into this motorhome, Maya is too. it is small, but we both like living in small spaces. i guess this motorhome reflects an SP's need for personal freedom, since it is mobile.

this is what we bought, this is just a photo i found online, but we have the same model:

f_24420086_1.jpeg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would tell ya, but I don't want anyone to call CPS on me, again.

wolfy

awsm
I live in a traditional Japanese house. I haven't done anything to it. I love tatami and like to keep the lounge empty except for a TV.

This is a picture I found on the net of a tatami room. All the rooms in my house are tatami. Unusual in Japan now.

IMG_7788-Tenryuuji-garden-doorSmall.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh boy.

Here's a menagerie of pictures of random parts of my home that have been photographed for one reason or another, some of which were posted here in other threads, some maybe not.

Basically my home is a blend of form, function, and mayhem, but its all sensible to me.

I'll take photos of the rest of it and update this post later...

CallawayGardens_HallKitchen138.jpg

CallawayGardens_HallKitchen144.jpg

I remodeled my kids's closets last year:
B_Closet_After.jpg

AND

A_Closet_AFTER.jpg

My studio:
DAW_desk_project_pt5028.jpg

My Family Room:
DAW_desk_project_pt5018.jpg

Studio again:
DAW_desk_project_pt5017.jpg

Back wall of studio:
Fall_2007_pt3002.jpg

Front of my house:
001a.jpg

My kitchen:
1-22-2005Cleo.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Halla is livin the life! :yes:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I had no idea SPs were such neat freaks. :shock: They'd probably get ill if they saw how I live. :blush:

I'd be afraid to touch anything in those places. They look like museums where you have very carefully set-up displays.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I find both SP's and SJ's keep very neat homes in general, the difference being that SP's like to have their toys in that neatly arranged home.

Though those neat looking homes may be due to the fact that the SP's aren't at home making a mess but are out partying, going hiking, hanging out with friends, exploring, etc.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm drooling over your studio, Halla. :holy: :drool:

I'd tell about mine, but I'm in the midst of transition right now and it's crowded around here. I'll wait till after I move out.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had no idea SPs were such neat freaks. :shock: They'd probably get ill if they saw how I live. :blush:

:laugh: Rest assured, you are probably a lot neater than I am.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, my room is quite frequently a wreck, but I'm hoping that changes once I move and get rid of alot of junk (and have more room to myself).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla is livin the life! :yes:

I'm trying my darndest! :happy:

I'd be afraid to touch anything in those places. They look like museums where you have very carefully set-up displays.

My INFJ wifey-poo is of different orderliness than I. I am a bit of an OCD neat-freak; I can't stand dishes to be in the sink. I clean as I go, no matter what I am doing, I learned that at my first job: "Domino's Pizza." ;)

Don't be afraid to touch the stuff in the house, just leave it as you found it when you are done with it! :D

I find both SP's and SJ's keep very neat homes in general, the difference being that SP's like to have their toys in that neatly arranged home.

You are right. My SJ friends are a good bit neater/more orderly than me.

Though those neat looking homes may be due to the fact that the SP's aren't at home making a mess but are out partying, going hiking, hanging out with friends, exploring, etc.

I take the fifth. :whistling:

I'm drooling over your studio, Halla. :holy: :drool:

I'd tell about mine, but I'm in the midst of transition right now and it's crowded around here. I'll wait till after I move out.

Hey! Another music junkie! AWESOME! It's taken me about 5-6 years to build up the rig, piece by piece. The guitar was first, then the 1210s, then the Access Virus KC, then the bass, and the computer got thrown in once I realized how many awesome VSTs are available now-a-days. Stylus RMX kicks a$$. I really dig the NI stuff too. Albino 3 is SICK. :cheese:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
haha, I'm no expert on any of that, in fact I hardly know what you're talking about, but they look like REALLY fun toys. I'm definitely down for getting the knack of all that.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Thanks for all the great replies, everyone! I love seeing how you've all found great ways to live. :)
we bought an old Winnebago, and our friend Santiago has rebuilt the engine. i installed new cabinets and plumbing, and made some built-in bookcases. anyway, we have really fixed it up pretty nice and personalized. i am pretty excited about moving into this motorhome, Maya is too. it is small, but we both like living in small spaces. i guess this motorhome reflects an SP's need for personal freedom, since it is mobile.

I like it! I'm often dreamed about just getting rid of everything and just living on the road for a year or two ... really getting a chance to see North America. I hope your move goes well and you really enjoy your new motorhome. :)

I live in a traditional Japanese house. I haven't done anything to it. I love tatami and like to keep the lounge empty except for a TV.

This is a picture I found on the net of a tatami room. All the rooms in my house are tatami. Unusual in Japan now.

That's a very beautiful way to live, Wolfy. I really feel a sense of calm and tranquility from that picture. Do most Japanese people live in more traditional condos and apartments now?

Oh boy.

Here's a menagerie of pictures of random parts of my home that have been photographed for one reason or another, some of which were posted here in other threads, some maybe not.

Basically my home is a blend of form, function, and mayhem, but its all sensible to me.

I'll take photos of the rest of it and update this post later...

Thanks very much, Halla! I like what you've done with your house ... it's very thoughtfully organized, yet looks alive at the same time ... it's really suited for living and doing stuff. I liked how you've set up your studio too ... I'm thinking of doing a similar plan for my home as well.

Also, I've noticed that SP types are not usually satisfied with plain white walls. My house is similar to yours in that virtually every room has its own colour ... dark green, blue, gold, etc.

I'm certainly not as neat as a SJ homeowner, but I do clean regularly. ;) I find that with several SJs I know (like my sister's place) everything seems very well ordered, it feels like not a cushion is out of place. My home is a little more relaxed. I think NPs have it the worst for keeping things clean coz they have so much clutter. I try to kept my possessions pared down a bit.

If any NFs, SJs, etc start similar threads in your sections, let me know ... I'd certainly be interested.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
wolfy - that is very cool! i really like the simplicity of the tatami style.
do you have the tatami tea rooms around you, the kind where you enter through the small doorway? i think the doorway is around 1 meter high, right?

Halla - nice house! i like the clouds you painted on your kids' walls. and the monkey on the hanging fruit-basket is funny. :laugh:

oh, and to everyone who mentioned Sps and neatness, i am really messy. :D

I like it! I'm often dreamed about just getting rid of everything and just living on the road for a year or two ... really getting a chance to see North America. I hope your move goes well and you really enjoy your new motorhome. :)

cool, thanks! we are not going to be 'living on the road' at least not at first. we have someone who is buying our old trailer and hauling it off the property. so we will probably live in the Winnebago parked on the property for a while, and move if and when we get the urge.
but yeah, our idea is to be mobile, and be able to get up and go or relocate at the drop of a hat. and Maya and i have talked about driving around central america....

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really like the look of a spotless house, but I can't maintain it yet. I'm too scatterbrained and lazy. Maybe when I grow up a little. I really like the minimalist, uncluttered look but it's so hard to actually achieve!

Of course, I live in a house of 6 students so that may or may not have something to do with it...lol. I don't think 'neat freak' describes most SPs, though.

I like the idea of living in a trailer. Or in a houseboat. Or in a forest cottage. Or on a farm. yeah...

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I guess there are two aspects to this question ... How does your current living space reflect your SP temperament, and how have you adapted your home or apartment to fit your needs?

I custom-built a desk for my office that can hold the three computers I use, and with a surface on one part for the random things I'm working on (specifically, the ones that tend to have properties that destroy nice hardwood desks, like chemicals, sharp points, etc...). I also put a mini-fridge under the desk.

Other than that, I installed a flat-screen TV and stereo in my garage, since I tend to spend a LONG time out there working.

Also, if you could improve things (say with a little more ... or a lot more! ... money or space), how might you change things?

I'd move to New Hampshire, and buy a defunct ski area. Build a rope-tow for my personal use and enjoy my own private ski area. (This isn't entirely insane, I only need about the price of a normal house, I just need my degree and a job in the area I'd like to live in). Other than that, I need a normal sized house....pool table required, and a large unattached garage/workspace. (3+ car size)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla, I'm digging the studio as well. It looks close to what I'll be setting up in the living room once my roommate moves out. My play space is otherwise too limited in my room.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla, I'm digging the studio as well. It looks close to what I'll be setting up in the living room once my roommate moves out. My play space is otherwise too limited in my room.

Thank you, Bro! PM me if you ever need any advice. I've set mine up and broken it down countless times in the past 4-5 years, so if there's a screw up and a workaround I know about it, because it beat me over the head. :doh:

Would love to hear what type of stuff you are int producing. I'd be a bodybuilder and DJ my whole life if it would only pay for my bills. :D