First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    Well, when he kissed my neck it was in a spot next to the side of my face. Maybe it was an attempted cheek kiss?

Are you sure he doesn't just care about me as a friend? I'd hope he'd care about me more than just trying to win me over.

Maybe you should ask him. Just tell him that neck kissing and paying for things sends mixed messages. You're definitely not overreacting. Its obvious that these are not advances that a friend makes to a friend.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Okay, I won't tell you, then.
    XD No, I meant that this isn't a: "does he like me? I sure hope so!" post. It's more like a: "what in the world is that boy thinking?!! post" :P

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I mean... if you want to have a normal friendship then this kind of stuff isn't fair..
    Come to think of it, I had an estp "friend" do this as well.
    What the heck.
    All you stps are wacko.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Maybe you should ask him. Just tell him that neck kissing and paying for things sends mixed messages. You're definitely not overreacting. Its obvious that these are not advances that a friend makes to a friend.
    The hugs and everything were so brief, though. And the kiss was in that area between my neck and the side of my face. Like where the bone is. I don't /know/ if it was romantic or not.

I'm not going to ask him, because I like it when he's affectionate. I think it's a friend thing, because friends kiss each other on the cheek and stuff, but I don't know.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well don't get drunk with him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well don't get drunk with him.
    Haha I don't drink, no worries. ^_^

Seriously, STPs are wacko! XD

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I mean... if you want to have a normal friendship then this kind of stuff isn't fair..
    Come to think of it, I had an estp "friend" do this as well.
    What the heck.
    All you stps are wacko.

JK. If you think it's sending too many mixed messages, just tell us. We try to feel you out a little bit, but girls can send mixed messages sometimes, too. You act like you like it but you're reticent at the same time. We're not the only ones to blame.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I don't think he'd initiate a romance without you pretty much asking for it. We don't like to assume things, so even if you gave him subtle hints that's what you wanted, he probably still wouldn't do it. Now if -he- wanted something from you, he probably would search for data from you. Ask you weird questions, try to spend more time with you, etc., etc.

Basically, I don't -think- he's trying to be more than just friends. Believe it or not, I'm very loving and affectionate with friends I value, especially if I know they're struggling. I freely use "I love you" with my guy friends (I try with my girl friends.. but it's weird.) Physical affection from us does not equal romantic. However, I will only use physical affection with my CLOSEST, most VALUED friends.

He obviously holds your friendship highly. He just wants you to feel loved by him. I know it can be confusing, but if you want to know, just come out and ask... just e-mail him or something. He won't bullshit around.

Then again.... maybe a guy ISTP has a totally different view on this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I don't think he'd initiate a romance without you pretty much asking for it. We don't like to assume things, so even if you gave him subtle hints that's what you wanted, he probably still wouldn't do it. Now if -he- wanted something from you, he probably would search for data from you. Ask you weird questions, try to spend more time with you, etc., etc.

Basically, I don't -think- he's trying to be more than just friends. Believe it or not, I'm very loving and affectionate with friends I value, especially if I know they're struggling. I freely use "I love you" with my guy friends (I try with my girl friends.. but it's weird.) Physical affection from us does not equal romantic. However, I will only use physical affection with my CLOSEST, most VALUED friends.

He obviously holds your friendship highly. He just wants you to feel loved by him. I know it can be confusing, but if you want to know, just come out and ask... just e-mail him or something. He won't bullshit around.

Then again.... maybe a guy ISTP has a totally different view on this.
    Yay! That's exactly what I want it to be. Friendly and because he really cares. ^_^ That's what I -think- it is, but you never know.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Makes sense, I think. Doesn't it seem like Se kinda generates affection? It's not just physical, even though Se is sensory-related, it's on a slight emotional level, too.

And, I think you're right. An STP would want the relationship to be clear, no bullshitting around. So if he did want to start a relationship with you, Coeur, say in another situation, he would probably make it clearer when it was time.

There are the player types out there, but if they're so slick they won't even clearly ask you, you can probably spot their type a good distance away anyway. Since this is a friend you're probly good, but if you want to be completely comfortable sending a heartfelt email about it would probably get a concernedly clear response on the matter.

It's hard for me to say for an ISTP, though, since my first function is sensing and I generally let impulses take over where an ISTP will think things out first and foremost. You're probably even safer with my introverted cousin, haha.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]