User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    TNT

The most positive thing about Ni is foresight. Either short term or long term. This is very very helpful in life.

And also approximation. Weighing what's right and wrong and the percentages for each choice and going with the most probable one. Ni users are pros in that department. This is the reason I ace all multiple choice tests, sometimes without touching my book. I use Ni for weighing my options and deciding which one is the most probable and it rarely lets me down.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Athenian, dude, come on...do you really think that's the best way to explain this idea to an ISFP?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Athenian, dude, come on...do you really think that's the best way to explain this idea to an ISFP?
    What do you mean?

Too abstract?

I didn't manage to make it concrete enough or what?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, it's REALLY long and complex and I think he wanted a concrete and fairly concise example of one single real life positive use of Ni...not the entire interrelated theory with 12 paragraphs of background info.

I dunno. I thought it was really good. There was plenty of examples in that post. Sure, not all of it might have been real life events but they are concrete enough. Let's wait for Jeffster to reply back first rather than assume it's not enough for him.

From my perspective:

Ni - Extrapolation with current knowledge. Figuring out what the likely outcome is, and entertaining alternative scenarios. It's like other people said: Foresight. If you have ever read the book called 'Blink', I'd say that captures Ni rather well although other functions are thrown in as well.

However as mentioned in the book. It can sometimes go horrendously wrong when the person using Ni has a bad foundation, so Ni users can be prone to making statements that make sense but don't make sense as well. Then again this applies to most people.
    The downside of Ni summed up in two words: wrong assumptions.

Now that description there sounds very much like Ti as well. And I see them as very similar, but I get the impression that Ni is more unconscious, hence all the supposedly flash of insight feelings. Where as Ti is more conscious and linear in it's construction of a model, essentially predicting what will come.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd love to know this is different from Ne, coz..I tend to do the things you describe as well and use it quite frequently.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ They're almost the same thing.

Ne changes and reinvents the external object or idea, preferring to imagine what could be in the external environment in the future (this is not limited to physical things) to perceiving what is there now.

Ni doesn't actually interact directly with the external environment; it only seeks to redefine its own personal interpretation of the external environment, and that's an important distinction. Ni wants to scrutinize the process of perception itself and what mistakes we might be making by assuming arbitrarily that our perception is correct.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok, no offense but that's depressing. I mean, sure, you can see that a beautiful sign is supposed to give you that warm fuzzy welcome feeling, but all it is, is a wooden board with some letters on, but I prefer to recognize that as such and still go on enjoying the warm fuzzy feeling it invokes and dream about what else could be, enhancing said feeling
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Now that description there sounds very much like Ti as well. And I see them as very similar, but I get the impression that Ni is more unconscious, hence all the supposedly flash of insight feelings. Where as Ti is more conscious and linear in it's construction of a model, essentially predicting what will come.
    Thank you for this, because by Athenian's example A, it sounded like regular ol' Ti. So Ni will actually "see" those things happening? Like CSI?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

To me that sounds external. How is that bank teller thing different from Ne? I thought a robber was external?