User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 51

  1. #1
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default Do SPs like danger and discomfort?

    So... I'm kind of curious.

    Do SPs generally enjoy danger and physical discomfort/pain more than other types?

  2. #2
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Who doesn't enjoy good old fashioned pain and discomfort?

  3. #3
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Who doesn't enjoy good old fashioned discomfort?
    I certainly don't. I prefer situations to be comfortable and non-threatening. When things get uncomfortable and the danger level increases, I kind of want to get out of there. FAST.

    I imagine that since SPs are supposed to be the opposite of me, they'd rush right into danger as fast as I run away from it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I certainly don't. I prefer situations to be comfortable and non-threatening. When things get uncomfortable and the danger level increases, I kind of want to get out of there. FAST.

    I imagine that since SPs are supposed to be the opposite of me, they'd rush right into danger as fast as I run away from it.
    Haha I was sort of kidding around, being sarcastic when I made that statement. Sorry, should have included a wink emoticon or something.

  5. #5
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Haha I was sort of kidding around, being sarcastic when I made that statement. Sorry, should have included a wink emoticon or something.
    Ah, that's okay. I probably should have gotten it. Would have gotten it right off, if I hadn't been under the impression Sensors (especially STs) might very well prefer such things.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    138

    Default

    I avoid danger and pain at all costs!

  7. #7
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I dunno, I need specifics, what is and isn't considered dangerous and uncomfortable by the other types?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  8. #8
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    So... I'm kind of curious.

    Do SPs generally enjoy danger and physical discomfort/pain more than other types?
    Danger? That's relative. What's dangerous to some is not to others, but I am generally not averse to dealing with danger if I deem I have the skills necessary to engage it and be victorious, it's on.

    Physical discomfort/pain? Ummm...I don't seek these things, but I am not afraid of them. If I get an ouchey on my knee as a result of me taking on something I thought I could handle then I'm not going to cry to my Mommy about it.


  9. #9
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I dunno, I need specifics, what is and isn't considered dangerous and uncomfortable by the other types?
    Getting into fights is one example of what I'd consider dangerous. I guess SPs might not think so.

    Others include:

    1. Subjecting oneself to extreme temperatures (hot or cold) as a test of endurance.

    2. Skydiving.

    3. Knowingly going to places where criminal activity takes place... especially at night.

  10. #10
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Danger? That's relative. What's dangerous to some is not to others, but I am generally not averse to dealing with danger if I deem I have the skills necessary to engage it and be victorious, it's on.
    Ah. Well, SPs probably don't need to be afraid of fights or confrontation. They're probably tough, quick, and calm enough that most people don't pose a threat to them.

    I suppose fewer things are dangerous for SPs than for other types, because they're so good at coming up with ways to deal with them quickly.
    Physical discomfort/pain? Ummm...I don't seek these things, but I am not afraid of them. If I get an ouchey on my knee as a result of me taking on something I thought I could handle then I'm not going to cry to my Mommy about it.
    Well, yes, I guess that's what I meant. That SPs aren't afraid of pain or discomfort, apparently. I don't suppose anyone LIKES those things.

    Halla, I'd actually say that your avatar is exactly what I picture when I think of a typical SP. Only with regular clothes instead of a costume.

Similar Threads

  1. What do you like most and least about INTJs and INTPs
    By yupitsme in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 04:57 PM
  2. Why do people like Romeo and Juliet?
    By Elfboy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 04:34 AM
  3. [INFJ] What do INFJs like and dislike?
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP and ENFJ Males: What do you like/dislike about them?
    By Venom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:54 AM
  5. How do SPs and SJs best learn?
    By CuriousFeeling in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO