User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell22290 View Post
    I want to go skydiving. And the scenario in #3 doesn't really sound scary to me at all. Extreme hot doesn't bother me, but I don't like to be too cold.
    Wow. Looks like we've got at least one unnervingly brave ISFP here.

SPs are interesting, they're just involved in too much... action for me.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post724095

The OP of this describes Se pretty well and how it's used. Assume an SP would score high. What does this have to do with violence or wanting danger?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post724095

The OP of this describes Se pretty well and how it's used. Assume an SP would score high. What does this have to do with violence or wanting danger?
    It's very indirect.

Essentially, it means SPs have increased impulsiveness, and seek to do things that would stimulate their Se process.

SPs are simply more likely than other types to develop a degree of confidence in their ability to deal with the physical world to such a point that they feel comfortable seeking out violent or dangerous situations in order to stimulate themselves, because those are situations that heavily involve and depend on paying attention to your surroundings in order to get through. It involves staking your life on the strength of your Se process, awareness of your surroundings, and associated reflexes, in other words.

Any type could potentially become this way, but it's just easier and more likely for an SP to become this way.

It's really not a bad thing... all types tend to stake their lives on their dominant process. SJs, for instance, stake their lives on the quality of their memory, the world remaining consistent, the value of planning, on tradition being valued by others. They might well build their whole lives around it, depend on it to survive. If SJs weren't so common and so well-respected by other types, this would also seem a bit crazy.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Getting into fights is one example of what I'd consider dangerous. I guess SPs might not think so.

Others include:

1. Subjecting oneself to extreme temperatures (hot or cold) as a test of endurance.

2. Skydiving.

3. Knowingly going to places where criminal activity takes place... especially at night.
    1 and 2 sound fun, Alaska has been on my need-to-go list. 3 probably not. I used to love going on rollercoasters and envied the tall, but now they've gotten boring.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am thrilled by some forms of danger. Like driving into lightning storms for instance, there's a certain amount of fear, but a rush from the experience. That's just one example, there's many more. But compared to some people, I'm a total wimp, I think SPs vary in many degrees just like the other temperaments, there are extremes on both ends of pretty much everything.

Once at one of my son's soccer practices, I had this urge to pick a fight with another team's coach because he put his hands on my son when he ran through their cone setup or something. I didn't actually do it, but the impulse was definitely there.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I love motorcycles, roller coasters, acceleration.
    I have been skydiving (fun)
    I have been called a "sensation addict" defined by various friends.
    I don't think this is indicative of type.
    SP, NT, NF, SJ....I think we all take risks. The point is that I don't think those things that are typically thought of as "risks" are just that....I think an NF's emotional vulnerability or an SJ's goal oriented task (that takes years to accomplish) is much more "riskier" than skydiving or taking a physical risk any day! I don't know. That's me personally. Adrenaline and anticipation are the best feelings in the world. But I admire other types for doing what doesn't come "easy" for me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I don't enjoy danger or pain and I don't go looking for it. The times it's come looking for me I've been surprised how much I could put up with.

lol no

We just handle it better, doesn't mean we enjoy it... geez

Here's a question.

When people are practicing meditation. If there was a function, what would you chalk it down to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Here's a question.

When people are practicing meditation. If there was a function, what would you chalk it down to?
    I've don't regularly meditate, and have only done so sporadically the past few months. The states of consciousness I've been able to achieve so far have been life-changing. Who knows the benefits if I were to make a habit out of it.

What I've learned so far is that meditation is not a function of the mind/brain. There is no thinking or feeling. It's turning off of the mind, while being aware that you still exist. It is simply being.

I believe the essence of meditation is exercising control of the "thinking" mind.

Once you have conscious control of the mind, you can begin to introduce focal points into your meditation, and use your mind to think/feel about those points. Though once your mind begins to wander beyond that point, you have lost control.

So I believe that meditation is simply exercising control of the mind.

People who have been diagnosed with ADHD, if I understand ADHD correctly, would benefit immensely from regular practice.