sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Getting into fights is one example of what I'd consider dangerous. I guess SPs might not think so.
    I never willingly get into fights, if I lose, then I have lost and have not achieved anything, if I win I will feel wrong for having been so violent, I can't see any resolution coming from it so I don't bother, danger doesn't really come into it.

I don't do the other things you mentioned.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I never willingly get into fights, if I lose, then I have lost and have not achieved anything, if I win I will feel wrong for having been so violent, I can't see any resolution coming from it so I don't bother, danger doesn't really come into it.
    Yes, that's exactly how I feel. I wouldn't fight someone for those reasons... because I could either get seriously hurt, or else I would be disgusted with myself for winning and hurting someone else. Throw on top of that the fact that I tend to avoid danger and pain, and well... yeah, fighting isn't something I like.

It seems so far like ISFPs don't like danger and discomfort any more than I do, but ESTPs are rather unconcerned about those things, and like to test/challenge themselves in those ways.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It seems so far like ISFPs don't like danger and discomfort any more than I do, but ESTPs are rather unconcerned about those things, and like to test/challenge themselves in those ways.
    According to one ESTP. Why on earth would SPs like danger? What does Se have to do with danger? This is just a load of crap IMO. Do you really think that 1/4 of the personality types are like this? You didn't really explain why you thought this...

How does one enjoy discomfort?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    According to one ESTP. Why on earth would SPs like danger? What does Se have to do with danger? This is just a load of crap IMO. Do you really think that 1/4 of the personality types are like this? You didn't really explain why you thought this...

Hey it's possible, being "in the moment" it's certainly conceivable that SPs place more importance on adrenaline/endorphin rushes than other types, with possible lower thresholds for risktaking than other types resulting.

Safety and comfort while nice, can also be very boring, life wouldn't be worth living if everything was safe and comfortable.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Se by itself? Well, nothing. But there is the idea out there that SPs are extremely impulsive and willing to gamble with their lives.

I suppose you could associated Se with danger, because it's associated with violence, breaking the rules/laws, and daredevil behavior. All of those things can be very dangerous.

Basically, my initial impression of SPs could best be described by Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55."

Well, there's masochism, on one hand... and I've heard a lot of athletes say things like, "No pain, no gain," or "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Basically, some people enjoy discomfort because they like using their ability to endure it to show how strong/tough they are. It seems like something an SP might like, especially since SPs tend to be more athletic.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Se by itself? Well, nothing. But there is the idea out there that SPs are extremely impulsive and willing to gamble with their lives.

I suppose you could associated Se with danger, because it's associated with violence, breaking the rules/laws, and daredevil behavior. All of those things can be very dangerous.
    Well then time to not waste my time in this thread.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Getting into fights is one example of what I'd consider dangerous.
    Others include:

1. Subjecting oneself to extreme temperatures (hot or cold) as a test of endurance.
    I pour ice cubes and vodka in the bathtub, then jump in.
    Afterwards, I pour gasoline on my tanning bed, then strike a match.
    I tan better that way.

3. Knowingly going to places where criminal activity takes place... especially at night.
    All you need is a sawed off shotgun under your trench coat and you will be fine.
    A couple hand grenades in each pocket can be used for emergencies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I pour ice cubes and vodka in the bathtub, then jump in.
    Afterwards, I pour gasoline on my tanning bed, then strike a match.
    I tan better that way.

All you need is a sawed off shotgun under your trench coat and you will be fine.
    A couple hand grenades in each pocket can be used for emergencies.
    LOL.

It sounds pretty ridiculous when you say it like that. It sounds like a B-rated action movie.

MBTI
    ISFP

1. Subjecting oneself to extreme temperatures (hot or cold) as a test of endurance.

2. Skydiving.

3. Knowingly going to places where criminal activity takes place... especially at night.
    I want to go skydiving. And the scenario in #3 doesn't really sound scary to me at all. Extreme hot doesn't bother me, but I don't like to be too cold.
    ~Erinn