User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: So I'm an ISTP

MBTI
    I

Good job on your switch to introversion.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Oh, no reason.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Good job on your switch to introversion.

LOL.
    You understood SW? I have no idea what he is on about lol

brainheart

You wrote 'defiantly', not 'definitely'. which is what I suspect you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You wrote 'defiantly', not 'definitely'. which is what I suspect you meant.
    Yeah haha! Whoops!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

You could have easily worked it out ages ago based on the stronger T score :rolli: Unless you're basing this off of some kind of more recent tests or something. I'm pretty high on the N and P, and my T scores relatively weak, I'm fair sure I'm an ENTP from that. There are also countless INTPs who test slightly J and are always wondering if they are Js, you can be pretty sure you're an INTP if your tests follow that trend INFJs are the ones that are harder to type, INFPs are mistaken for INFJs and INFJs are mistaken for INTPs and all sorts of rubbish. Luckily INFJs appear to be rather distinctive, I think they all put on the same Fe front and hide their Ni away or something... I donno. Well anyways, ISTPs are fucking awesome, My bro is an ISTP, and we fill every room hilariousness... well, until he needs that recharge or I want to study something nerdy
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    You could have easily worked it out ages ago based on the stronger T score :rolli: Unless you're basing this off of some kind of more recent tests or something. I'm pretty high on the N and P, and my T scores relatively weak, I'm fair sure I'm an ENTP from that. There are also countless INTPs who test slightly J and are always wondering if they are Js, you can be pretty sure you're an INTP if your tests follow that trend INFJs are the ones that are harder to type, INFPs are mistaken for INFJs and INFJs are mistaken for INTPs and all sorts of rubbish. Luckily INFJs appear to be rather distinctive, I think they all put on the same Fe front and hide their Ni away or something... I donno. Well anyways, ISTPs are fucking awesome, My bro is an ISTP, and we fill every room hilariousness... well, until he needs that recharge or I want to study something nerdy
    Or I don't give a sh*t and use Si poorly?

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I'm curious as to the differences between ISTPs and ESTPs. How do the motivations differ between the two types? I have an ISTP brother and an ESTP sister and they both

a) Hate each other with a violence. I have had to summon other siblings to help drag them apart every time they play chess, poker, a videogame, ANYTHING competitive. It always comes to blows between them.

b) They both have exactly the same effect on my ENFJ mother; she thinks they are cold, manipulative liars and has actually tried to exorcise them of demons a number of times. She keeps burning sage in their bedrooms and putting weird sachets of herbs under their beds to ward off the evil spirits posessing them.

c) Both are incredibly talented at many different things but do terribly academically. They cannot focus on assignments and cannot see the point of homework.

I want to know how these two seemingly similar types differ and why my siblings hate each other so much despite being so alike. Also how to explain their behaviour to my mother in a way that doesn't involve demons.
    hahaha. Sounds typical. What's the prob?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I'm curious as to the differences between ISTPs and ESTPs. How do the motivations differ between the two types? I have an ISTP brother and an ESTP sister and they both
    My perception of the difference between these 2 types.
    ESTP's act before they think.
    ISTP's think before they act.
    (and the same goes with talking, lol)

So, in this sence, ISTP's are more controlled.
    They are also more reserved, in my experience.

But hey, just my own observations.

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    My perception of the difference between these 2 types.
    ESTP's act before they think.
    ISTP's think before they act.
    (and the same goes with talking, lol)

So, in this sence, ISTP's are more controlled.
    They are also more reserved, in my experience.

But hey, just my own observations.
    My brother is an ESTP and this seems to be exactly the case in my experience. He was always the "impulsive" one, whereas I always gave a little forethought to my impulses to act.

It seems to make sense being that he is Se-Ti (act on environment, then think) and I am Ti-Se (think, then act on environment).

An example would be from this weekend where we caught a bunch of fish. Neither of us had ever filleted a fish. He started by immediately cutting into the fish, then thinking about where to cut next as he went along. I started by feeling the structure of the fish with my hands, trying to determine where the mass of meat was and how to best separate it from the bone structure.

Our first fillets both turned out pretty ugly so I couldn't say that either method was preferable. Though once we had seen the inside of the fish we had a better idea of how to cut the next ones.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Or I don't give a sh*t and use Si poorly?
    The Se would make up for it. Si should be pretty retarded in any SP anyway, they why they tend to be so impulsive.
    5 3 9