User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I'd say its because the people who are shocked either are not that smart or are not good detectors of intelligence
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Because they are arrogant enough to underestimate your cognitive capabilities. People here have a very biased attitude toward's Sensors, especially ESFP's, making half-experiental judgement's and creating stereotype's of the supposed inherit stupidity of the type. It suck's goatballs i know... however on the bright side, tis their short-sightedness.. they would make themselves look silly when showing surprise.. thus you should not take this offense.. rather consider it as an act of shedding light on a diffrent side of yourself.. which had enough impact on the audience... to get a considerable reaction. Thus they are at fault.
    Last edited by ColonelGadaafi; 07-13-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

^ sooth
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I'm a total economics nerd and a politics junkie. One thing that really gets under my skin is when I make a comment about something related to those two interests and someone acts surprised or expresses some kind of disbelief that I would actually have something intellectual to say. Why does that always seem to happen to me?! UGH! :steam:
    I sorta know what you mean. I read a lot and know quite a bit about a few things. But I don't mention it much and dumb myself down a lot so as not to appear like a total wanker. So people tend to think I'm dumb, and when I actually come out with something intelligent by accident, in an unguarded moment like, they stare at me like I've got three heads.

Most of the time, you just don't wanna bore people, do you? And you don't learn what you learn to impress people, so why would you go around talking about it all the time? You just learn for your own curiosity. So yeah, people can be judgemental, especially academic types, they sorta think if you don't live and breathe academics, you must be dumb.

Fuck 'em, that's what I say. I don't need their approval, and I don't need them to think I'm intelligent to know that I am. And in a way, it just makes it all the more satisfying to see their faces when I do just come out with something they didn't expect. Something they didn't see. It's good to see those worldviews spinning on their axes now and again
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had the inverse problem.

People always take me for the quiet, studious type. Then, when I told them to come see my band play, they were thrown for a loop when I'd start doing stage antics and playing guitar solos. Or afterwards when I'd start boisterously playing drinking games etc.

Whenever they said that they never expected me to do that, I'd simply reply with something like, "What? You didn't think I knew how to have fun?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I sorta know what you mean. I read a lot and know quite a bit about a few things. But I don't mention it much and dumb myself down a lot so as not to appear like a total wanker. So people tend to think I'm dumb, and when I actually come out with something intelligent by accident, in an unguarded moment like, they stare at me like I've got three heads.

Most of the time, you just don't wanna bore people, do you? And you don't learn what you learn to impress people, so why would you go around talking about it all the time? You just learn for your own curiosity. So yeah, people can be judgemental, especially academic types, they sorta think if you don't live and breathe academics, you must be dumb.

Fuck 'em, that's what I say. I don't need their approval, and I don't need them to think I'm intelligent to know that I am. And in a way, it just makes it all the more satisfying to see their faces when I do just come out with something they didn't expect. Something they didn't see. It's good to see those worldviews spinning on their axes now and again
    I'd be pretty ticked off if I had a friend who knew lots of things, but didn't share knowledge with me or correct me. The whole point of some people focusing on "it" is because it's interesting, and though conversations shouldn't dominate around "it" that's what gets some people going.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My mother is great with finances and the legal system. My younger brother is good with numbers and languages. No surprise here... *shrug*

Edit: I also have an ESFP friend who's into video game design and programing.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

One of my close friends is an ESFP, and his problem is the way he delivers his topic of intelligence. He can take a serious, well thought out topic and present it in a very light hearted manner. Does it with a smile on his face and a very non-serious facial expression. Have to admire a carefree attitude, but it's hard to take him seriously as a result.

I could say the exact same thing he says and come across more intelligent because of the way I deliver it. Not sure if this is like all ESFP's, because the ESFP girl I'm hoping to date is not quite the same. I can see how she can come across as a ditzy blonde type to some people. At the same time both these ESFP's I know have a quick wit, good at learning languages, and have incredible memories.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

A lot of SPs fall into the kinesthetic style learning (learn by doing).

"Kinesthetic learning is when someone learns things from doing or being part of them. They make up about 15% of the population and struggle to pick things up by reading/ listening to things."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

I think maybe I downplay my intelligence because I don't want to make people feel stupid. Or I don't want people to think I am showing off.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP