User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Now that I think about it, economics and politics make perfect sense as a source of intellectual inspiration for an ESFP. There's an inherent understanding of the system as a set of interactions between people - that it is impossible to separate such things from their human element. I wonder, do you ever find yourself forming "attachments" to certain figures, such as a well known politician or say, Friedman or Keynes, in a somewhat personal way?

I wonder if that's where some of the "ditz" stereotype comes from - it's not that you're unintelligent, it's that you've been so effective at negotiating the social landscape, because you have an inherent grasp of the skills and interactions necessary to make people like you, and form a large social circle. That's the practical reality of politics. You also understand the ability of all these individual actors to create a massive collective effect - that's the practical reality of economics.

Or did I get this all wrong?
    Oh yeah that is exactly right! Now that I think about it, I think it might be two things. The first is that I had lived with an INTJ boyfriend for 6 years so we definitely influenced each other. The second thing is that I think I took my INTJ boyfriend's interests and tried to find them interesting in my own ESFP way. So for example, he was into political theory, which I found boring until I learned about the human side of it. I became interested not in the theory and math of economics but about collective human instinct and emotion and how it creates all of these problems and results in the world. I wish in public school they would have taught this way.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I wish in public school they would have taught this way.
    I totally understand where you're coming from. It really makes me irritated when I think back to how math was taught then, which was a completely procedural fashion. It wasn't until very late in college that I realized that math beyond arithmetic was about relationships, having very little to do with the processes of arithmetic.

My brain would get so bogged down in the procedural aspects, that I would never be able to understand the relationship that was supposed to be demonstrated. That reminds me of what you were saying about the particulars and theory.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

lol, awwww, the cute little ESFP is studying economics! and is learning to say smart things! awww....

OSO KEWT ><

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dont you were forbidden to flirt in the SP forums ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've always thought of ESFPs as being just as intelligent as other types. Being around a few of them quite a bit, I've noticed they have the ability to pay a great deal of attention to detail and have no problem remembering it. ESFPs that I know can often be very factual and even insightful towards things that us Ns might sometimes overlook.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont you were forbidden to flirt in the SP forums ?
    I'm str8 thuggin like Duchovny - I do wat ah wunt.

PERSONALITY DOESN'T = INTELLIGENCE

Seriously. Personality is more about how you act than anything, your general attitude.

ESFPs often lose patience with study etc but that doesn't mean they can't be brilliantly intelligent

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    ESFPs often lose patience with study etc but that doesn't mean they can't be brilliantly intelligent

Thank you. I'm quite intelligent, but I usually get bored studying. I can only read so much before my head threatens to explode.
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

^ i'm the same way..
    I have to rely on being smart and learning quickly to get by.. I can't study for too long.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI

Odd, I wouldn't find it out of the ordinary for an ESFp to have "intellectual" interests. My best friend is an ESFp/SEE type, and quite honestly, she can keep up with me just fine in a philosophical argument, when she wants to. My subjects of interest just don't hold her attention for long. Anything she's interested in though, she's very knowledgeable about. Also, whereas I feel a natural drive to observe, study, and just keep endlessly compounding my knowledge of a subject, she seems to feel one to gather and apply just what she needs on the fly, which is a far more practical form and expenditure of intellect. She's a very smart girl though, and of the two of us, it's actually her that continually sells herself short, and much to my dismay. From my self-absorbed perspective, the mere fact that I consider her special means she is a very special, worthwhile, and intelligent person, otherwise I wouldn't associate with her.