User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default ISFP/ISTP relationship

has anyone experienced this? I have an ISFP friend, we're hilarious at being weird and stupid (typical SP stuff) but can't seem to understand each other fully on a personal level. I tend to make fun of him for being so emotional sometimes but he can't outwit me it's pretty funny. For some reason the two ISFPS I know always think they can get away with irrational behavior, but I always tend to catch them in their tracks and poor cold water.

My best friend in high school was ISTP. He was the more emotional one. We had a lot of good times, hitch hiked around NZ...good times.

Permabanned

I notice , ISFPS/ISTPs put alot of intensity and heart into what they are doing.

I think they do. There are a lot of similarities between the two types in my experience. They're a lot more similar than the type descriptions would have you believe.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think they do. There are a lot of similarities between the two types in my experience. They're a lot more similar than the type descriptions would have you believe.
    I think so too, if anything though I think we're actually very similar to one another in terms of behavior yet "distant" from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think so too, if anything though I think we're actually very similar to one another in terms of behavior yet "distant" from each other.
    I'd agree with that. The behaviour and temperament are similar but there is a difference in how we look at things. Make good friends ISTP and ISFP. A Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid type of friendship.

Just for the fun of it!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'd agree with that. The behaviour and temperament are similar but there is a difference in how we look at things. Make good friends ISTP and ISFP. A Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid type of friendship.

Just for the fun of it!
    hahah so true...damn..

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My little brother and my boss are both ISTP.

Which is cool because they are of different generations and have totally different occupations and interests, yet the similarities in personality are uncanny.

My brother and I have had our ups and downs, we have really similar senses of humor, so we have had fun together doing not much but quoting tv shows and movies that we love. We occasionally have what could be considered "deep" conversations, but not a whole lot. And when we have conflicts it tends to be in areas where he thinks I get too emotionally involved in something, whereas he remains more detached and aloof.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i have great relationships with ISFPs, some of my very best friends are ISFPs, and my girlfriend is an ISFP.
    it seems like my relationships with ISFPs are very easy and natural, and they grow quickly. there is a lot of understanding there, i think. ISFPs feel very familiar, but our diferences are always exciting to me, and i feel that they make the relationship stronger.

i agree that ISTP/ISFPs can really have good times together, everything from crazy silly adventures to deep conversations.
    and i agree that we both put a lot of intensity and heart into what we do.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My bf is ISFP. We have a lot in common and like a lot of the same things but have some very different interests as well, which seems healthy to me. It's definitely the most peaceful, conflict-free relationship I've had. I'm lucky in that he isn't very emotional and in fact is very practical and down to earth (it seems like that's common for ISFP guys) and at first I thought he was ISTP. He preferred the ISFP description though and I do think it fits somewhat better.

The only thing that sometimes bothers me is that he is reluctant to say when things are bothering him so I don't know when I'm doing something wrong (he claims it's rare that he's annoyed at me, though I'm not sure I believe him lol).

I don't know any other ISFPs other than on the forum so I can't compare.
    -end of thread-