User Tag List

First 123 Last

yeah, i would say that the fundamental difference between me and my close ISFP friend (im ISTP) is that i am much more vocal...about EVERYTHING than she is. I think we get on so well because we see things in a very similar light, are very intense yet carefree, but she appreciates my ability to put those thoughts and feelings into words, and i appreciate her ability to be so intense that she expresses it in other ways...

we are a good match in terms of a friendship. We often tell eachother we feel like kindred spirits. I think i repress my "logical" tendencies more when i am around her, but i am so flexible that i am not too bothered...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I have a close cousin that's an ISFP... We are very much alike, and family members used to have all sorts of nicknames for us growing up (My least favorite: Flopsy and Mopsy... what the hell is that supposed to mean anyways?!) When we were very young, we were pretty much on an even par, and were partners in crime. Now since I've developed into my ISTPness and her in her ISFPness, and because she's a little younger, I get the sense she looks up to me. She frequently admits she wishes she could brush things off more, and wishes she could look at things more objectively like me... I guess that's why. I'll go visit and discover she bought the same make-up color as me or something of the sort. It's endearing, but it also makes me super protective of her for some reason ... which is uncharacteristic of me, and which she doesn't like so much. She's still an ISP and still likes her independence :P Anyways, whenever I get frustrated people aren't being spontaneous enough with me, she's the one I go to!

I also have a similar relationship with a guy ISFP friend of mine. He's the same age as my younger brother, and our relationship has a sibling feel from it. So we call each other "little bro" and "big sis"

Yeah, I am a female as well and my female ISFP tells me that she likes my ability to flip things to a positive and live so impulsively. The thing is, she lives very impulsively as well, but i think what she really means is that i don't let the things i view as unimportant or out of my control affect me more than they should, where she is overly emotional... it's kinda cute, actually.

MBTI
    INFP

My ISTP brother married my ISFP best friend. (Weird, right?! Hah.) They do argue sometimes, but they're definitely a good match and at their best when having fun together.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ISFP

Hey, this is my marriage! My wife is ISTP and we've been married for over 5 years. So it must be pretty good. I think it helps here that the guy (me) is F and she's T. I feel this works a bit better than the other way around.

Some of the good things are that it's very fun, energetic, low key and friendly, but with lots of activity going on. We accept each other as we are, like each other as people, support one another, and never make outrageous demands. It's marked by honesty, openness, and it's very romantic. There is no game playing (like "guess why I'm mad"), which is just 1000% awesome.

On the other side, long term planning can be a struggle. The household job jar is long and just gets longer. We're not thrifty. We are both kinda restless. Neither one of us can really bring structure or a finished quality to anything, which can be frustrating.

But the good far outweighs the bad and I'd highly recommend any ISFP date an ISTP or vice versa.

Dali

The person with whom I've had the deepest conversations ever has been an ISTP female. We brought out different sides of each other... we'd just chat and chat for hours.

With my two ISTP brothers, it's different. We don't do much talking; we mostly do stuff together and crack jokes here and there. Nice guys. Admire their fearlessness and 'cockiness'. I sometimes act like a moral compass for one of them as he's a bit clueless about the 'people aspect' of his actions. Generally, we get along great.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    family members used to have all sorts of nicknames for us growing up (My least favorite: Flopsy and Mopsy... what the hell is that supposed to mean anyways?!)
    OMG .. Mopsy was my nickname as well, given to me by my older brother! I had a head of hair as thick as a mop.

MBTI
    ISFP

It looks like Kingfisher already mentioned this, Kingfisher and I are in a very committed relationship (he is ISTP, I am ISFP).
    He is not as emotionally obvious as me (I wear my emotions on my sleeve!), but he understands my emotions, sometimes it seems like he understands my emotions better than I do!!
    He is very solid and dependable, and he cools me down when I become overly emotional or upset. The quiet intensity he has about his feelings is exhilarating to me, more so than someone who is as emotionally outgoing as me. We understand and balance each other very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    The person with whom I've had the deepest conversations ever has been an ISTP female. We brought out different sides of each other... we'd just chat and chat for hours.
    Yes! I experience the same thing with Kingfisher, we sometimes have conversations of amazing depth!

MBTI
    ENFP

Two girls I hang out with a lot are ISFP and ESTP. Best friends with each other. I guess it would be a similar relationship. They both enjoy doing things, SP style, and especially the outdoors. They're both crazy, in a good way. In an "I'm an ENFP and I'm crazy too, but both you ladies are both totally whacked when together" kinda way.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    OMG .. Mopsy was my nickname as well, given to me by my older brother! I had a head of hair as thick as a mop.
    Wait... does that mean I was Flopsy?