IEE

Just start it in one thread already!!!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

because lets just say I was drinking too much alcohol right now.. I might respond in any of the four threads anyway!!!

MBTI
    ISFP

I like a quality beer (something like Czechvar or a good English ale) or nice glass of wine. I don't drink to excess, and I don't like hard liquor much. When I was young, I drank too much a few times. OK, more than a few times. I'm very good about only having a drink or two now. And not every day.

I know some folks are down on alcohol, but I've always felt it's part of the good life. There's nothing like sitting in the back yard, having a drink, and watching the sun go down. Something romantic about it.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Just start it in one thread already!!!
    Quit tellin people what to do!!!

Anyway, I hate alcohol, and I hate that so many people act like you can't have a good time without it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Anyway, I hate alcohol, and I hate that so many people act like you can't have a good time without it.
    well i love alcohol, but i agree completely about having a good time without it.
    a lot of my best times and most exciting adventures were when i was stone sober.
    i also do not like people who think you must have alcohol to have good times.

but i do love alcohol, i drink when i am feeling good and just enjoy the experience of drinking, and/or the experience of getting drunk.
    i never drink to be more social or loose my inhibitions, i just drink because i love it.

i often describe beer as the great love-affair of my life!

MBTI
    ISTP

I hate it. Me without my self-control, isn't funny/amusing/whatever, it's extraordinarily scary and fairly dangerous to both myself and others depending on the day. I need it to keep my worse impulses in check, and as such, I refuse to drink any quantity of it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I hate it. Me without my self-control, isn't funny/amusing/whatever, it's extraordinarily scary and fairly dangerous to both myself and others depending on the day. I need it to keep my worse impulses in check, and as such, I refuse to drink any quantity of it.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I know that if I started drinking, I probably wouldn't stop, and it would just be a bad idea all around. I already have enough bad habits without adding that one.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

It's a great addition to any social gathering on the weekend

Not a fan of drinking alone or on weekdays though

I enjoy the physical sensation provided by alcohol. But in my experience it is one of the most dangerous drugs for me regarding loss of self-control.

I have never experienced any other chemical that put me so out of touch with my physical ability, but at the same time obscured any perception of loss.

The few occasions where I have experienced the greatest risk of death or severe injury have been when I was black out drunk. At that point I likely perceived no risk at all, and that's the greatest danger with this chemical.

Most of the time I can control my intake. However, when I am with friends and we're drinking liquor, I get caught up in the moment, and I have no perception of how drunk I am aside from loss of coordination. However, I quickly cross this line, get so caught up in the moment, and seem to forget the fact that I'm intoxicated. This eventually leads to consuming so much that I am a danger to myself.

I've come close to drowning in a hot tub from passing out. I must have instinctually realized the danger of what was happening, and clawed my way over the edge to pass out on the side.

I've also closed a bar with some friends, and on the walk home decided I needed to move, so I just started running down the street. Eventually I lost my friends and I spent the hours of 2am-5am between being passed out on the sidewalk and wandering around a city I didn't know. I woke up the next morning in my car, with scrapes on my skin and blood on my clothes from falling. I'm lucky I wasn't picked up by the police or hit by a car. The most frightening thing is that I had no recollection of leaving the bar or getting back to my car, or anything else between that.