User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 95

  1. #11
    full of love Kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I read: ISTP: insensitive
    well yeah, we are that too, but that is for another thread.

  2. #12
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    naturally, intense and insensitivity thats like 2 pair of shoes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #13
    Senior Member millerm277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Well, I can add a bit to this.....I know I'm intense, it manifests itself in a variety of ways, but the most interesting way to me, is what effect that intensity that is semi-visible, has on other people and the way they view me.

    In the people I don't know/don't look on in a positive light, I actually see fear of me in them. It's quite interesting. From what I've been told, it's a combination of me having a very tense physical posture , and a complete lack of body fat (whatever test they did had me at about 4.5% body fat), that makes my body always look like i'm fairly strong and about a hair away from snapping. The odd part, is that this is in people who are twice my size and strength, apparently I have an "intense gaze", I watch the impressions on people change from "weak nerd", to "moderately scared" when I turn around and look at them.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

  4. #14
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Fear, wow. You guys use big words
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #15
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    In the people I don't know/don't look on in a positive light, I actually see fear of me in them. It's quite interesting. From what I've been told, it's a combination of me having a very tense physical posture , and a complete lack of body fat (whatever test they did had me at about 4.5% body fat), that makes my body always look like i'm fairly strong and about a hair away from snapping. The odd part, is that this is in people who are twice my size and strength, apparently I have an "intense gaze", I watch the impressions on people change from "weak nerd", to "moderately scared" when I turn around and look at them.
    How does it make you feel when you see the reactions in others? I mean do you care or does it matter at all (reaction or no reaction)?

    I wonder how two ISTP's react on each other? ISTP isn't (probably?) scared of the other ISTP?

  6. #16
    full of love Kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    In the people I don't know/don't look on in a positive light, I actually see fear of me in them.
    The odd part, is that this is in people who are twice my size and strength, apparently I have an "intense gaze", I watch the impressions on people change from "weak nerd", to "moderately scared" when I turn around and look at them.
    i think ISTPs have an ability to draw on a lot of physical strength and physical power in certain situations, or to simply respond physically without holding back, without saving or diluting their strength.
    i know that when ISTPs snap it is really a bad situation, and people better seriously lookout.
    and i think you are right, there is an intensity in the physical presence of an ISTP.

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I wonder how two ISTP's react on each other? ISTP isn't (probably?) scared of the other ISTP?
    ISTPs are not afraid of each other. i think that even if it is two ISTPs who hate each other and one can tell they are physically outmatched, that means very little to the outmatched one. i think ISTPs, for better or worse, have no problem going up against unrealistic odds.

  7. #17
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Well, Alcie, my ISTP bff really liked this one ISTP we both hung with (and with whom I'm still friends), but despised my ISTP ex-bf, and I mean HATED the guy on SIGHT. Burned into my brain is a scene with the two of them silently staring each other down -- like, "Don't mess with me, I know what you are" -- and I was standing to one side praying madly that an extinction level event wasn't about to occur. My bff wasn't actually all that "hate" oriented in the first place, so really hating my ex-bf (before even he was my ex) was a big deal.

    To exonerate ISTP bff, he had my ex-bf sized up right.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #18
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm actually kinda dorky for an ISTP my S is very weak like 50-50..I don't skydive or anything crazy...but I enjoy powerful music anything with a serious tone. I like serious topics of discussion like politics and philosophy, and my humour is pretty dry and sadistic :P I train and fight martial arts...and I notice I'm just usually on the edge, If I don't get active I become very restless, and I dont know what to do with my energy. Alot of people think I'm a quite and reserved guy when they first get to know me but I'm actually really playful and funny, especially to people I enjoy being around. You can say ISTPS are intense, but it's actually a controlled agression imo. They take calculated risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i think ISTPs have an ability to draw on a lot of physical strength and physical power in certain situations, or to simply respond physically without holding back, without saving or diluting their strength.
    i know that when ISTPs snap it is really a bad situation, and people better seriously lookout.
    and i think you are right, there is an intensity in the physical presence of an ISTP.
    This all rings true. One I know broke his hand punching the wall in frustration recently. It is a very masculine kind of quiet intensity that hints at a primal, explosive energy just below the surface. I find it very attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #19
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    So how does this "physical presence" apply to a small ISTP girl? I've been told I intimidate some people, but I've never been told why... Um.. I play fight a lot. Especially when drinking. But I don't think that's why I'm "intimidating"...

  10. #20
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    So how does this "physical presence" apply to a small ISTP girl? I've been told I intimidate some people, but I've never been told why... Um.. I play fight a lot. Especially when drinking. But I don't think that's why I'm "intimidating"...
    It might have to do with the sense that you have a complete control of not only yourself, but a knack for the mastery of your physical surroundings. My brother is an ISTP, and when performing a task, or when we're playing sports, and his focus, ability, and completely perfect translation of thought into action gives an observer the feeling that the person is intense. My brother spins metal by hand, works on his Trans-Am, and was a phenomenal gymnast and when you watch him do things he invests himself in, you can get that sense.

    So perhaps when people watch you at your peak focus, it's something they pick up on. It's hard not to.



Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTP Sites
    By sassafrassquatch in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs... I have a question.
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
  3. [ISTP] ISTP description for hiddenpsyche
    By meanlittlechimp in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
  4. [ISTP] Question for ISTPs on a painful/awkward issue...
    By anii in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO