User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

Default is this typical ISFP behavior?

I have been lurking for a while and I am curious to know what you guys think. I want to explain what I did today and tell me if this is typical for my type...I'm just really curious!

-I sleep until there is a reason to get up. If there is none I get up when I'm rested. And I HAVE to lounge in the bed for at least 10-15 minutes whether I have somewhere to go or not. Therefore, I am always late.
    -My daughter and I had Klondike Bars for breakfast this morning.
    -I feel horrible when I have to yell at my kids so I usually don't.
    -I get annoyed when my ISTJ husband starts his cleaning, organizing and constant movement when I'm relaxing...it messes with my chill. I usually get up and leave the room.
    -I cried my eyes out today because I watched a movie about a man who was wrongly convicted of rape-I just couldn't imagine that happening to my son and how unjust the law can be. I was really crushed!
    -Watched a sun shower and wondered if there was going to be a rainbow.
    -When I'm out at night and when I see homes with just a dim TV light glowing -I imagine them being nice and cozy in their beds...it makes me feel fuzzy.
    -I like sleeping with my kids because they're cuddly.
    -I never, ever make plans because my mind changes like the wind. If I'm not going to be leaving in the next 15 minutes I don't both committing myself. I also have no qualms with saying, "I changed my mind" or, "I don't feel like it" I feel obligated to nothing.

I remind myself of a cat. Am I a true blue ISFP?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, pretty much.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP

good to know! In the past I used to really stress myself out trying to understand why I do the things I do and would do all sorts of things to change it. I don't like the "leisurely" part of my personality. If I could change it, I would in a heartbeat.
    That and the inability to commit to things.

It's good to know that there are other people out there that are like me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Yup, I can pretty much relate to all of them except for the kids part since I have none. Hehe. :P
    4w5.

"We trust the local doctor, we trust the medicine.
    Our child gets a scratch, we get our child a brand new head.
    We eat what's on our plate, we drink what's in our cup...
    We like the shiny TV screen, it spits, we lap it up...
    They sing a song, we hum along.
    We sing; but we don't understand the words to the song."
    -- High As A Horse

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

LOL .. sounds like my day! My husband comes home and asks "how was your day?" I respond "great!" He asks what I did; I respond "nothing". : )

MBTI
    ISFP

Heh. I'd say so. I do a lot of those things too. I love the comment about the sun shower and rainbow. And the one about the houses with the TV. Actually, I love pretty much all of this.

My wife and I are both SP and we really have to work up to cleaning the house. Sometimes it takes a while. A really long while.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

i can relate to all the stuff you've said...*sigh*

MBTI
    ISFP

luckily, I am married to an ISTJ...he is very organized and tidy. The house never has the opportunity to get messy-if I set down a glass he's already whisked it way. Also, I am a very laid back parent. I really like to play with my children instead of doing all that disciplining. I mean I do it if things are getting out of hand but I'm usually pretty easy going. My husband says they need to learn responsibility (they are 3.5 and 7 months old). I say let them live-they're just babies. If I were a kid, I would want an ISFP parent I think.

As far as my daydreams go, they can get way out there! As a kid if I were to see a rainbow I would be all over the neighborhood trying to find the pot of gold at the end. I remember I had gotten into so much trouble because I went missing for so long. I thought looking for leprechauns and gold was a pretty good excuse to get lost for a few hours. I must say, my imagination is one thing I love.

I also find it funny how I notice things that are oblivious to others. Today for instances, my husband and I were standing on our front porch. I noticed a man dusting off his dash board with a paintbrush and using a squeegee to clean his windows, from the inside, at a stoplight. I thought my husband took notice and when I turned to him and asked if he saw it he had no clue what I was talking about! I am the person you want with you when something is about to go down...I will take notice and figure out how to get us out of the situation, FAST. I can't understand how people can be so out of tune with their surroundings sometimes!

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by ClarifiedMind View Post
    I have been lurking for a while and I am curious to know what you guys think. I want to explain what I did today and tell me if this is typical for my type...I'm just really curious!

-I sleep until there is a reason to get up. If there is none I get up when I'm rested. And I HAVE to lounge in the bed for at least 10-15 minutes whether I have somewhere to go or not. Therefore, I am always late.
    -My daughter and I had Klondike Bars for breakfast this morning.
    -I feel horrible when I have to yell at my kids so I usually don't.
    -I get annoyed when my ISTJ husband starts his cleaning, organizing and constant movement when I'm relaxing...it messes with my chill. I usually get up and leave the room.
    -I cried my eyes out today because I watched a movie about a man who was wrongly convicted of rape-I just couldn't imagine that happening to my son and how unjust the law can be. I was really crushed!
    -Watched a sun shower and wondered if there was going to be a rainbow.
    -When I'm out at night and when I see homes with just a dim TV light glowing -I imagine them being nice and cozy in their beds...it makes me feel fuzzy.
    -I like sleeping with my kids because they're cuddly.
    -I never, ever make plans because my mind changes like the wind. If I'm not going to be leaving in the next 15 minutes I don't both committing myself. I also have no qualms with saying, "I changed my mind" or, "I don't feel like it" I feel obligated to nothing.

I remind myself of a cat. Am I a true blue ISFP?
    Oh, I finally found someone like me(though I don't have kids)! I used to think that I'm too innocent and lazy..it helps to know someone is also going through the same experiences
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ClarifiedMind View Post
    That and the inability to commit to things.
    I'm happy to read that "the inability to commit to things" is a part of your character and not something you do on purpose, because I've had to deal with this a few times with an ISFP that meant much to me. She would say, "I'll keep in touch", or "I'll do this," and she wouldn't and I felt like she had been a phony all along and saw in it a serious lack of respect. I've come to realize she meant well but would forget and not keep her word in the end.

Are you aware that this hurts people?