User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you cut off the rope? SPs only please

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut off the rope

    2 50.00%
  • Stay on the rope

    2 50.00%
123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 46

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Cut off the rope? SP only

    SPs only please. there is one like this in your section too


    you are being rescued from an icy mountain with 4 other trapped climbers. the helicopter can't land so it lowered a rope ladder. 5 of you hanging on the ladder with you being the very last one hanging on to the rope ladder.

    you see the rope is under stress since and it WILL break if more than 4 people hold on for more than a minute. you being the last one, do you cut off the rope so the other 4 can live or do you stay on...if you gotta stay on the mountain, so does everyone else.


    whats YOUR reason for cutting off the rope ladder or staying on it

  2. #2

    Default

    What supplies do I have?
    What's my chance of survival?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    SPs only please. there is one like this in your section too


    you are being rescued from an icy mountain with 4 other trapped climbers. the helicopter can't land so it lowered a rope ladder. 5 of you hanging on the ladder with you being the very last one hanging on to the rope ladder.

    you see the rope is under stress since and it WILL break if more than 4 people hold on for more than a minute. you being the last one, do you cut off the rope so the other 4 can live or do you stay on...if you gotta stay on the mountain, so does everyone else.


    whats YOUR reason for cutting off the rope ladder or staying on it
    Would it be possible for a few of us to get off the ladder, wait until the others get into the helicopter, and then have them lower the ladder again and the rest of us could climb up?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWench View Post
    Would it be possible for a few of us to get off the ladder, wait until the others get into the helicopter, and then have them lower the ladder again and the rest of us could climb up?
    Either this^, or let me take one of em down with me so I have something to eat until they're able to come back for me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What supplies do I have?
    What's my chance of survival?
    supplies are you regular everyday climbing gear suitable for mt. everest

    only thing is, if you get left behind you would die else there would be no need of rescue in the first place

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWench View Post
    Would it be possible for a few of us to get off the ladder, wait until the others get into the helicopter, and then have them lower the ladder again and the rest of us could climb up?
    the chopper cant hover for too long (bad weather)

    thats why all you of are getting on it at once

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post

    thats why all you of are getting on it at once
    You said the ladder couldn't hold five people, not the helicopter. Three people go up the ladder, then two people go up the ladder. Riddle is solved, and no one dies, although I am still hungry.

    (you edited, bad form)

  7. #7
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    I wouldn't be on that mountain in the first place.
    A stupid endeavor to partake in as far as I'm concerned.
    Palm trees, beach, Tiki bar, and total safety...ahhhhhh....


  8. #8
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    I think this thread is going to confirm my suspicion that SPs have no real morals.

  9. #9
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think this thread is going to confirm my suspicion that SPs have no real morals.
    LOL NO U
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  10. #10
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Point Uno> I would never be as stupid as being the last survivor to climb the rope having understood the situation clearly.

    Point Dos> I would do anything in my power to get on the chopper. My Personal survival is more important then any other character i meet.. no matter who they are or what kind of situation they are in. The only time i would do such a drastic thing as sacrificing myself.. is when i'd do it for family or for the greater good. Which does not apply to this case. I would rather let some moron sacrifice himself in pointless altruism. After all.. everyones survival of entity is their first prioritat, by nature and reason. It might sound selfish or straight out unscrouplous and assholic, but that kind of situation, does not support any moral mumbo-jumbo. Survival in a harsh enviroment is yer chief-concern.

    Point Tres> Imo anything that would require a forced helicopter rescue is a badly planned, and in reality any cautious invidual would never go on such a reckless endeavour without good reason.. SP or not. And this is a besides the question.


    So to conclude.. survival is a moral bitch.. you can either do it the hard way or lose. And everyones duty as a concious invidual is to avoid the former.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Cut the rope? NT only
    By thisGuy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM
  2. Cut the rope...CnD
    By thisGuy in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 09:06 PM
  3. [SJ] Do you cut off the rope? SJs only please
    By thisGuy in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 06:31 PM
  4. [NF] Do you cut off the rope? NFs only please
    By thisGuy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO